• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Steam Autumn/Winter Sale dates potential leaked/photoshopped
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1ps7si/steam_holiday_sale_start_date_leaked/

Now, I don't want to jump to any hasty conclusions over this, but I feel this totally confirms AutumnTide.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ give BLACKFRITIDE

Did we ever come to a consensus as to the microphone to get at/around ~$30 from Amazon?

You get what you pay for with mics.

Sibylus

Banned
World of Doto is okay I guess, it's like a standard Dota game with faaaaar slower XP, played about 20-25 minutes and was level 3 by the time the other team tapped out. Randomed a Visage and helped stomp my lane to death. That's the other thing... people ragequit like it's Doto 1.

I guess there's no questing system yet, so it's not quite World of Doto yet. Still an interesting change of pace, though I'm not sure if I'll check it out again before my Visage gets reset.

World of Doto is okay I guess, it's like a standard Dota game with faaaaar slower XP, played about 20-25 minutes and was level 3 by the time the other team tapped out. Randomed a Visage and helped stomp my lane to death. That's the other thing... people ragequit like it's Doto 1.

I guess there's no questing system yet, so it's not quite World of Doto yet. Still an interesting change of pace, though I'm not sure if I'll check it out again before my Visage gets reset.

I'm not sure why people would necessarily want to play a Dota MMO anyway. Part of the charm of Dota (and reason it's addictive) is that it's pretty much the entire power curve and experience of an MMO condensed down into an easily digestable hour.

Speaking of, there's definitely room for other takes on the genre. Something more ARPG perhaps.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The infection spreads
RvEpXZ4.jpg

Shinypogs

I desperately want more lore to consume. I don't care if it's just more comics or whatever I need more stories.

Also I don't think I've ever seen anyone get hit by more arrows than Sheever.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Hylian7

So are there any chances that Meepo might get picked in professional matches now? I realize that he has the vision and stat sharing nerf, but having that second Meepo at 4 makes a huge difference. I could really see Meepo being a much more prominent solo safe, mid, or even off lane! Safe lane and mid were things before, but in a solo off lane he could get his XP to get 4 and set up gank with the other Meepo, or farm with it. Either way as long as the main one can stay in (the longer) XP range, he just becomes more and more of a problem for the other team.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So are there any chances that Meepo might get picked in professional matches now? I realize that he has the vision and stat sharing nerf, but having that second Meepo at 4 makes a huge difference. I could really see Meepo being a much more prominent solo safe, mid, or even off lane! Safe lane and mid were things before, but in a solo off lane he could get his XP to get 4 and set up gank with the other Meepo, or farm with it. Either way as long as the main one can stay in (the longer) XP range, he just becomes more and more of a problem for the other team.

Meepo just got a sidegrade if not a nerf. He is going to have to be really imba I think for team to actually pick him.

SamVimes

Meepo just got a sidegrade if not a nerf. He is going to have to be really imba I think for team to actually pick him.

That's theorycrafting. When you play him he feels much stronger, even n0tail after reading the patch notes said he was worse but when he actually played it he was going on and on about how much fun the new net cast animation is and how you can dominate a lane with your ult at level 4.

The reaction is pretty disgusting to be frank.

Valve's inability to update a blog or their game with meaningful content is poor form.

Both are true. The second doesn't justify the first.

Spookie

Almost got my first Abba win for my A-Z challenge. But our Troll needs to leave and we can't fight against 2 pushing carries with no hard carry ourself.

Edit: *breathes*

BeesEight

That's theorycrafting. When you play him he feels much stronger, even n0tail after reading the patch notes said he was worse but when he actually played it he was going on and on about how much fun the new net cast animation is and how you can dominate a lane with your ult at level 4.

Yeah, for those that can micro him, the faster net cast seems like a pretty notable buff. I don't think these changes will work him into competitive mostly because of how risky a pick he's seen as and teams would need a player that was dedicated to learning him. But I'd be ecstatic if Fnatic grabbed him for a match... against an actual opponent.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So sad that d2l was down this morning, I wanted to bet on America.

Also, do you have a date for the tourny bzm? I think a lot of people are waiting on a date to sign up, and No one else is going to give any more actual input until there is a number written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom