• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they genuinely go for that much? I guess it's magenta or indigo or whatever color EF wardog?

Supposedly. I don't follow the trading scene, but that's what I've been told.

things go for whatever someone will pay for them

this, basically. Something is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I haven't personally seen a $30k transaction for a unique courier, but I have seen $10k transactions for other couriers.

ReRixo

Banned
Been away for the last few days, can't believe Valve really didn't release a Halloween event.

At least this means Half Life 3 is probably being worked on seriously now, but I feel so conflicted...

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Been away for the last few days, can't believe Valve really didn't release a Halloween event.

At least this means Half Life 3 is probably being worked on seriously now, but I feel so conflicted...

That logic don't hold true my friend.

Kard8p3

Oh man, meepo is so fun. I picked him up last night and it just kind of clicked half way through my first match with him. I still kind of suck at sending one meepo to another lane to soak up xp, and I also suck at sending a few off to jungle, I definitely am going to work on that though.

Oh man, meepo is so fun. I picked him up last night and it just kind of clicked half way through my first match with him. I still kind of suck at sending one meepo to another lane to soak up xp, and I also suck at sending a few off to jungle, I definitely am going to work on that though.

Yea Meepo is fun for everyone but your teammates.

Hylian7

Yea Meepo is fun for everyone but your teammates.
If you are good and aggressive with him at level 4 he's fun for your teammates.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/363017541
http://dotabuff.com/matches/363112810
http://dotabuff.com/matches/363137202

A net and Geostrike on the enemy mid or safe lane does wonders. You can also set up the trick sixghost mentioned where you don't take your level 4 skill point until you land a net, then take it, poof, net again, poof, then stacking Geostrike slows with OoV.

The Tranqs nerf makes straight up jungle farming not as viable. Sure, you can do stacking and poofing of camps in passing, but he really shines with Tranqs and ganking other lanes, while you keep the main one farming your original lane. It takes lots of practice to think in two places at once, but you can eventually get it down and Michael those little guys on opposite ends of the map.

After I get back in town I've been thinking of making a video of how I do micro in my head. I basically divide the micro-intensive heroes into 3 tiers:

Tier III: Easy: Visage: flying units give you more time to focus on your hero as well as a "move them to the trees or stone form" panic button
Tier II: medium: Lone Druid: Important unit that is basically half, if not all of your hero. Only one spell to manage which is easy to do. Items too depending on what you get.
Tier III: hard: Meepo, Chen: The units absolutely make or break the hero. In Chen's case he contributes only half as much with no creeps. In Meepo's case it's obvious: None of them can die or you are done.

Haunted

Dave Gorman was commentating on Kuroky's Rubick and his use of Mirana's arrow.

He was about to stun Liquid's LD, but LD decided to cancel the tp to avoid the arrow.

Gorman calls him a terrorist.

Unbelievable.
Kuroky is German, I'd be surprised if LD (who uses terrorist routinely in his casting vocabulary) knew anything about his parents and intended that connection - no offence to LD. :)

Kard8p3

A net and Geostrike on the enemy mid or safe lane does wonders. You can also set up the trick sixghost mentioned where you don't take your level 4 skill point until you land a net, then take it, poof, net again, poof, then stacking Geostrike slows with OoV.

The Tranqs nerf makes straight up jungle farming not as viable. Sure, you can do stacking and poofing of camps in passing, but he really shines with Tranqs and ganking other lanes, while you keep the main one farming your original lane. It takes lots of practice to think in two places at once, but you can eventually get it down and Michael those little guys on opposite ends of the map.

After I get back in town I've been thinking of making a video of how I do micro in my head. I basically divide the micro-intensive heroes into 3 tiers:

Tier III: Easy: Visage: flying units give you more time to focus on your hero as well as a "move them to the trees or stone form" panic button
Tier II: medium: Lone Druid: Important unit that is basically half, if not all of your hero. Only one spell to manage which is easy to do. Items too depending on what you get.
Tier III: hard: Meepo, Chen: The units absolutely make or break the hero. In Chen's case he contributes only half as much with no creeps. In Meepo's case it's obvious: None of them can die or you are done.

Are tranqs still good on him? A few guides I've seen mentioned treads, so I've tried both, and was never sure which was best.

Hylian7

Are tranqs still good on him? A few guides I've seen mentioned treads, so I've tried both, and was never sure which was best.
I don't know how many guides are updated for 6.79, so they could be old. Basically, Treads are largely useless before you get Agha. You get almost nothing on the clones without the Agha stat sharing. Tranqs give you the fastest move speed (that isn't BoTs), you get the regen while roaming, and they are cheap. After you get Agha, go ahead and sell them for Treads, or BoTs if you are really snowballing.

Tier I for Brewmaster would be good as well. He is very easy to micro and you start on the panda with the stun/Thunder Clap anyway so you're going to do SOMETHING.

What about Broodmother, Enchantress, etc?

Dahbomb

I think Bear is easier than Visage to micro. Plus the bear itself has high health so you have more room for error.

Lycan is sort of easy too.

Hylian7

Tier I for Brewmaster would be good as well. He is very easy to micro and you start on the panda with the stun/Thunder Clap anyway so you're going to do SOMETHING.

What about Broodmother, Enchantress, etc?
I forgot about Brew.

As for stuff like Broodmother, Nature's Prophet, and Enchantress, it's all pretty self explanatory. For Enchantress, she is pretty much Chen in small bursts.

Dahbomb

Broodmother, Nature's Prophet and Enigma aren't that hard because you are usually just controlling them as one control group and a lot of the time you are either targetting a single unit or just attack moving with them. If some of them die that's not a big deal... not nearly as big as losing a Familiar or a Bear. Use Ctrl + left click to select them all and do what you want with them. Harder than Chen as well because not only are his creeps more valuable but his creeps come with spells too that you have to use properly.

Also you have to include Beastmaster as well. Not that hard especially now that they separated Boar and Hawk.

And I generally avoid any hero that requires any sort of micro. Fuck that RTS shit man.

Does anybody else find LD harder to play than Chen due to how intensive the micro is on the bear?

Edit: And that's why you should always check your posts if you have dyslexia.

Duesy

Does anybody else find LD had to play that Chen due to how intensive the micro is on the bear?

Does anyone else find LD harder to play than Chen due to how intensive the micro is on the bear?

And no; Chen is much more difficult because you have to position your centaurs and what not to stun as well as having up to 3 units to micro.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can you repeat the question?

I think it is "Does anyone find LD harder to play then Chen due to how intensive the bear micro is"

I know I do, I don't find Chen to be that hard, but with LD and Meepo, your summons/extra units count so much. On Chen, If a Troll gets bursted down, its a mild inconvenience. Heck, Chen him self can get bursted down from the gitgo and he can still help out a lot in a fight. But for Meepo or LD, if you lose one unit you are more or less screwed.

shira

Does anybody else find LD harder to play than Chen due to how intensive the micro is on the bear?

My kills kills
B6AE2752B36BD97E6D613B643F5A2A69C1E17D7B

sixghost

Visage isn't easy if you want to be good with him. If you just want to right click the birds on to guys, then stun and dump soul assumptions whenever it's off CD, that's not too hard. But if you are using medallion, keeping the birds in a different place than Visage, and doing things like resummoning the birds mid fight, he can be really tough.

I like to think of the micro heroes in terms of Starcraft races. Heroes with a few units with different abilities are Protoss. Heroes with a lot of units and not many abilties are zerg. Heroes with lots of homogenous units, a couple abilities, and multitasking are Terran.

Protoss: Brew, Chen, LD, Enchantress, Visage
Zerg: Brood, NP if you try to do stuff like bodyblock with treants, Naga
Terran: Meepo

Conceptor

What exactly is it and where has one sold for 30k?
Variation of a Pink Ethereal Flames Wardog (the three there), probably owned by PAADA (who has a professional team IIRC) and was probably sold on a reputable site like dota2traders.com though most likely done in person with that amount lol.

Edit: D2L Studios, Kingston, someone - please get Ayesee a suit that fits him properly... you guys have your own studio and direct line in SF, at least get Ayesee looking up to par!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

i hate microing and will never ever play starcraft, chen, visage, meepo or enchantress, yet i enjoy LD and play him decently well. take that for what it's worth

Aaron

How come some players don't care about pushing those creeps? In my last game, the team was complaining that I wasn't with the group, which was fair and something I corrected later in the match, but half the time I was the only one pushing the creeps away from our towers, while they were doing jack all in the river. They seemed like good players otherwise, but when they pushed at all it was always mid, even after we had both racks there. We still won, but because the other team fell apart. We lost towers to pretty weak Naga pushes, while I pretty much soloed the whole enemy bottom row, including the racks. Enemy's top only lost the tier one.

It seems like half the matches I play I'm the only one worrying about the towers.

JambiBum

So this game http://dotabuff.com/matches/370663219 my team pissed me off. I started in the jungle (lol jungle kunkka) to let bounty solo to six and then went bot and soloed against jugg and lich. Jugg managed to catch me in an ult early on and killed me, but besides that and two other non essential deaths I didn't die all game. I had the farm for a rapier and we were down a melee rax so I bought it. The entire time I was telling my team that I was going to they were bitching at me for doing so, saying that I was going to die and cost us the game. That rapier purchase kept us in the game because I could wipe out their push instantly. I carried us through the late game and we got a team wipe that forced two of them to buy back. Instead of 5 man pushing mid, bounty hunter went top and invoker tped way out to bottom lane with BoTs to "push" it out. That tp and not 5 man pushing cost us the game once they were all alive.

They were so worried about what I was doing that they didn't take care of themselves instead. I'm not happy we lost that game but I'm not really upset about it either.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Had my first real Mirana game. Almost 70 minutes and went 8-8-30. Saved my team a bunch with Ult, tried to initiate with Ult (but they always had sentries up for Nyx) landed followup stuns.

I felt like I could have been more useful but it was a really weird game where neither team had real initiation so we'd mexican standoff.

WindRunner, Nyx, Timber, Mirana, Venge. Everyone went carry items. #fucksupport

Why isn't Assault C recommended for drow? Makes her shoot faster and helps her survive.
I'd rather have a BF over an AC. You should be at a safe distance and just cleanup everything ideally.

Aaron

As an agility hero who has an ultimate that just gives you tons of more agility, the last thing you need to worry about is attack speed and armor.
I'd rather have a BF over an AC. You should be at a safe distance and just cleanup everything ideally.
She already gets plenty of aspd and armor (and damage all in the one stat). It's good on other heroes but it's a massive waste of money on her.
Makes sense. My last game with drow we creamed the other team so hard I was looking for things outside the normal build to spend my pile of gold on. AC made her shoot really fast, but I can see how it would have been stupid in a closer match.

Dahbomb

Why isn't Assault C recommended for drow? Makes her shoot faster and helps her survive.
AC is generally an item bought on your #2/#3 because of the aura benefits. Its also usually bought on a strength hero. As far as going for a similar item that gives you EHP and damage + attack speed Butterfly is a superior choice. Because of the high agility given by the item, it gives you armor and attack speed along with more damage. More importantly the evasion stat increases your EHP by a lot and forces the enemy carry to pick up a MKB. With a BKB and a Butterfly a carry agility becomes hard to kill especially if that hero also has life steal.

People don't even get Butterfly on Drow that often because its redundant. She has a passive agility boost from her ulti. You are better of getting crits, life steal, manta style for her with BKB. Butterfly is like 6th item on her if that.

Sibylus

Banned
VG playing this draft so smart. Pugna dips in onto the tower to blast, falls back, Leshrac dips in onto the tower to Edict, falls back, Pugna dips back in...

Nymerio

VG playing this draft so smart. Pugna dips in onto the tower to blast, falls back, Leshrac dips in onto the tower to Edict, falls back, Pugna dips back in...

Question about Edict: Does it follow you around or does it only affect the area where you initially casted it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom