• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ No problemo.

Right, so not only does he constantly keep talking out of his ass since he knows nothing noteworthy about the game, he's also the worst camera controller I've ever seen. Missed an obvious gank of Viper vs QoP to check gold chart and then says "Wow that was unexpected", alright man....

Makes you notice just how much better everything was during TI3 (except for announcers but what can you do...).

For a dude with "gentle" in his username, you sure are a negative nancy.

Yes, I know it's a Colony 9 unique from Xenoblade.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think liquid got this one. Now watch, they are going to have thrown the game by the time I type this up on my phone.

Calidor

Right, so not only does he constantly keep talking out of his ass since he knows nothing noteworthy about the game, he's also the worst camera controller I've ever seen. Missed an obvious gank of Viper vs QoP to check gold chart and then says "Wow that was unexpected", alright man....

Makes you notice just how much better everything was during TI3 (except for announcers but what can you do...).

seriously, I got yelled a few pages ago because I was hating on the man, but to me, he is a male Sheever

I really hope to see Maut at TI4, he did a great job @ NEL

^ No problemo.

For a dude with "gentle" in his username, you sure are a negative nancy.

Yes, I know it's a Colony 9 unique from Xenoblade.

I am :(

I'm glad you noticed the really weird obscure reference that is my name.

I wish he would have shut up about his mic last night. He sounded fine, but talked about it for like 3 games.

I especially get annoyed when he keeps talking when someone like Merlini is co-casting and has infinitely more interesting things to say.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
seriously, I got yelled a few pages ago because I was hating on the man, but to me, he is a male Sheever

I really hope to see Maut at TI4, he did a great job @ NEL
I wish he would have shut up about his mic last night. He sounded fine, but talked about it for like 3 games.

Zeth

I'm really liking Dream League.

And now I really want to play Enigma - but the first 10 minutes always go terribly. Is there any method that doesn't involve needing lots of regen before/after soul ring? I'm not even terrible at jungling, but Enigma is just impossible for me to crack.

shira

And now I really want to play Enigma - but the first 10 minutes always go terribly. Is there any method that doesn't involve needing lots of regen before/after soul ring? I'm not even terrible at jungling, but Enigma is just impossible for me to crack.

I had to turn it off. When you just listen to the audio it's like 4 people sitting on a couch just chit-chatting. I'd rather have a little more of a directed approach. I guess they are trying to hit that mid-casual tier of twitch viewer.

You can fly for under 100 euro, so yes.
But waifu with 2 kids all alone at home. That would kinda suck unless he's getting some serious payments.

Spookie

Twitch is such a piece of shit, wish some competition would force them to fix their shit in Europe

It's the only reason I buy tickets these days.
That's horseshit actually I'm still chasing those sexy couriers. That and you can't get 120FPS on twitch

Speaking of twitch that Treant skin is hideous.

How is that wisp doing on the Workshop?

G.ZZZ

Start with chicken + sobi mask, go easy camp (you can do medium if you're lucky but stick at easy). Do it, then you should have 6 eidolons. With those, you should be able to clear the large camp. Repeat. You should have a soul ring after the first two camps iirc, then meka at around 8 and blink around 15. You shouldn't go lane before Meka as your stun early on is quite inefficient and you really need that lvl6.
Don't use soul ring unless you really need the mana for conversion, as you're wasting your mana regen and keeping yourself at low health for no reasons otherwise.

This game :

http://dotabuff.com/matches/362423046

or this:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/362473441

Should have <13 blink + meka iirc.

After meka and blink you want bkb. Sometimes you want bkb before blink, but most of the times blink->bkb is the correct order. Don't go blind blink first. Meka allow you to accellerate your farm, take fights and towers early on, meaning you get both so much faster if you go meka first instead of blink.
Aghanim sucks (after blink, meka, bkb, i go Sheep and Travels, keep a spot for wards/gem as you should always buy them as the fastest farming support in the game), and i sometimes also skip lvl 2 black hole (especially if BH is on CD) and often skip higher levels of midnight pulse (use it mostly for anti-juke). Couple of level of stats are better imho since enigma has a bit of a mana problem to go blink->ulti and then use its spells with a 450 mana black hole, especially if you max that midnight pulse. My most common skill build after 10 is BHlvl2, stats, stats, stats, BHlvl3, Midnight pulse max, stats. Keep in mind that nothing is set in stone and builds are fluid, but enigma is one of the most stable heroes in term of builds imho.

Zyphos

Neo Member
Last few days I've been getting this lag that makes the game near unplayable.The game will freeze, all the characters will run in place, and then the game stops lagging and everyone teleports to where they should be.

This happens every few seconds constantly. I thought the issue had gone away after a few comp restarts and a full network reset on my end, but it started happening again today towards the end of my first match. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hello friends,

In the Dream League intro sequence they mix up some clips, and at one point the announcer is yelling, "five kills and Roshan, and 21 seconds before the creeps spawn." What game is that from?

Lotto

Well played by Fnatic. Pretty sloppy game from Alliance though, that courier snipe in mid early on really hurt s4's laning phase.

I sincerely believe the game would turn out really different if the courier doesn't get sniped with a bottle. I think Fnatic still wins, but not like this. It destroyed S4's lane presence.

I sincerely believe the game would turn out really different if the courier doesn't get sniped with a bottle. I think Fnatic still wins, but not like this. It destroyed S4's lane presence.

The courier feed pretty much single-handedly tipped the game. You can't lose a courier like that, especially with a bottle on it. And ranged vs. ranged matchup is even worse since you can't trade hits, particularly vs. Invoker who will have some base regen from Quas. Though if S4 was melee (someone like Beastmaster) it would have been even more catastrophic. If S4 was still QoP (or ranged) vs. a melee, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad.

Dota is a snowball game, you can't talk like that.

S4 has no bottle > Invoker easily wins lane, s4 constantly low on health trying to get cs > s4 get's ganked several times > snowball Invoker > fast gg.

Not a coincidence that Invoker lead in net worth the entire game by a landslide.

Aaron

Dota is a snowball game, you can't talk like that.
The best Dota teams can recover from terrible starts. Navi did that in the first game. Alliance can normally do that too, but Fanatic played out of their minds. Instead of making mistakes like Liquid did and giving an opening, they hammered Alliance with sun strikes and teleporting snipes. Alliance never got any air.

Zeth

Start with chicken + sobi mask, go easy camp (you can do medium if you're lucky but stick at easy). Do it, then you should have 6 eidolons. With those, you should be able to clear the large camp. Repeat. You should have a soul ring after the first two camps iirc, then meka at around 8 and blink around 15. You shouldn't go lane before Meka as your stun early on is quite inefficient and you really need that lvl6.
Don't use soul ring unless you really need the mana for conversion, as you're wasting your mana regen and keeping yourself at low health for no reasons otherwise.

This game :

http://dotabuff.com/matches/362423046

or this:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/362473441

Should have <13 blink + meka iirc.

After meka and blink you want bkb. Sometimes you want bkb before blink, but most of the times blink->bkb is the correct order. Don't go blind blink first. Meka allow you to accellerate your farm, take fights and towers early on, meaning you get both so much faster if you go meka first instead of blink.
Aghanim sucks (after blink, meka, bkb, i go Sheep and Travels, keep a spot for wards/gem as you should always buy them as the fastest farming support in the game), and i sometimes also skip lvl 2 black hole (especially if BH is on CD) and often skip higher levels of midnight pulse (use it mostly for anti-juke). Couple of level of stats are better imho since enigma has a bit of a mana problem to go blink->ulti and then use its spells with a 450 mana black hole, especially if you max that midnight pulse. My most common skill build after 10 is BHlvl2, stats, stats, stats, BHlvl3, Midnight pulse max, stats. Keep in mind that nothing is set in stone and builds are fluid, but enigma is one of the most stable heroes in term of builds imho.

Thanks for the guidelines. I'm still doing some lobby matches to figure out a good jungle strat - microing familiars isn't super difficult for me, but they do have really low hp early on. Need to avoid medium camps a bit longer, I think. It's really the start of the match that goes poorly for me - hopefully mek>blink works better. Soul Ring is unnecessarily fucking over my already weak hp pool after some jungling, so I'm going to avoid that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom