• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

I posted earlier but only got one semi useful answer so; can anyone tell me what heroes slark is a good counter to (other than pudge) and which ones you should not be picking him against. Also what types of hero in general as well as specific examples would be useful I guess.

Zeth

What is this Crystal Maiden Midas madness? Please tell me this is a signature LGD move and not new meta, lol. Is the assumption that the game will go 50+ min Chinese Dota?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What is this Crystal Maiden Midas madness? Please tell me this is a signature LGD move and not new meta, lol. Is the assumption that the game will go 50+ min Chinese Dota?

Midas for everyone. I blame passive gold.

shira

midas gold is reliable gold. That's doubly good for supports.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
The start of something amazing... first player set live on the store! Made by Fewes!

Kuroky's Rubick

BC9EBD61C501351935185ED60A1440B00284E6CA

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191947080

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The exp is probably nice early too if you're letting your carry get solo exp as much as possible. Midas Lich sounds like exp heaven. I dunno, I'd give it a try but whenever I'm supporting I feel like I have more pressing shit on my shopping list before I can get up to 1900 gold in a reasonable amount of time.

Artanisix

The start of something amazing... first player set live on the store! Made by Fewes!

Kuroky's Rubick

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/487806724459454239/BC9EBD61C501351935185ED60A1440B00284E6CA/[IMG]
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191947080[/url][/QUOTE]

I LOVE it. Looks great, isn't overly busy, and works with the hero.

LiQuid!

Kuroky's Rubick

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/487806724459454239/BC9EBD61C501351935185ED60A1440B00284E6CA/[IMG]
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191947080[/url][/QUOTE]

What a great set. All of Rubick's cosmetics are so gaudy. I would definitely use this.

ed: also I really like the Final Fantasy black mage style sunken dark face with just glowing eyes. A+

Razzer

Kuroky's Rubick

Ooh, very elegant and simple, not overdesigned at all. So how does the collaboration work do you know? Do they both get money with Kuroky just using his name to drive sales or did he actually help make it?

Edit: I hope it isn't too expensive, I may have to start learning rubick...

Razzer

This set (and more in the future) plus the jersies posted earlier all seem to tie into what Erik Johnson mentioned at TI3. Valve is exploring ways to allow teams and players to make money and survive as an healthy E-sports scene without making their own league. We'll have to see how successful these ideas turn out to be. One worry is that it will benefit the larger, more popular teams more, when they are already winning most of the prize pools, but that is a very hard case to crack even in other sports scenes so I can't blame them.

NBtoaster

It's particularly good on CM because she can easily farm jungle to get it up early.

I tried it, got Tranquils, Midas, Necro 3, Ghost Scepter, Aghanims, and Blink and always with buyback money (eventually sold it).

Also nice that you can casually spawn Necro 3 and send them around the map to deward. And Ghost meant I almost always got a full ult off against a big pyhsical damage team.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/370945785

Shinypogs

Holy shit Mirana is kinda fun. I just tried her for the first time for kicks and didn't do too badly. We lost but it wasn't my fault ( I think). We lost one player really early and then two more followed halfway through the game so it was just me and ancient apparition left. We held on for a good bit before we officially lost. I got a mega kill streak and I didn't feed so I'm proud of my scrubby self despite the loss.

Also disruptor + tusk is just the most annoying fucking thing outside of sniper's ministuns.

shira

This set (and more in the future) plus the jersies posted earlier all seem to tie into what Erik Johnson mentioned at TI3. Valve is exploring ways to allow teams and players to make money and survive as an healthy E-sports scene without making their own league. We'll have to see how successful these ideas turn out to be. One worry is that it will benefit the larger, more popular teams more, when they are already winning most of the prize pools, but that is a very hard case to crack even in other sports scenes so I can't blame them.
Meh, it's the Michael Jordan dliemna. Do you give all the money/fame to the best player(s) in order to grow the game or do you spread it out the wealth to unknowns. . .

I think player egos are at stake here too. Whoever makes the most hat money is going to have bragging rights.

Sanjay

I posted earlier but only got one semi useful answer so; can anyone tell me what heroes slark is a good counter to (other than pudge) and which ones you should not be picking him against. Also what types of hero in general as well as specific examples would be useful I guess.

Slark does amazing against melee heroes in lane because of pounce. Always play aggressive with him and best suited in the offlane. I really enjoy playing this hero.

BeesEight

Yeah, I had a quick browse through it.

Yeah, gave it a quick look.

I'd agree with you that generally when your lanes are doing so poorly, you should look to try and help them out. I don't know if ganking would have been that great of an idea in this game, since Zeus doesn't bring a lot to a gank (especially when Luap was so consistently low on mana) and the other lanes contributed so very little too. All the stuns were melee and neither lanes offered the greatest targets.

Honestly, I'd say better lane and mana management would have done a lot more than trying to gank. Viper got his first kill near the six minute mark because he snagged the four minute rune. His next handful of kills were from grabbing the top runes and hitting that awful DK and Void lane. However, Zeus was really winning the lane and there's no good excuse for him not controlling the runes. Had Zeus grabbed those runes, I'm not certain those ganks would have happened.

Second, Luap spent too much time sitting in lane "farming" and not punishing the Viper's absence. He had close to ten minutes to push down Viper's tower since the Viper spent most of that time roaming and whenever he showed up in the mid lane, Zeus just beat him down. He couldn't stay and farm creeps so he farmed heroes instead. If Luap pushed down the mid tower, then he punishes the Radiant team for essentially abandoning the mid lane and also frees himself up to start roaming as well.

Finally, if Luap managed his mana better he could have easily killed the Viper any time he showed up in lane. Farming with Chain Lightning, especially uncontested and when not pushing the tower, is just throwing mana away. Luap never had enough to cast all three of his spells which likely would have brought down Viper any time he showed his face.

So, if Luap bottle crowed and/or controlled the runes I think he could have really prevented the game being so one sided. Get the tower down as well to put some gold in your teammate's pockets and you could make up for the fact that Zeus isn't the best ganker.

Ultimately, Luap was the only one to win his lane but he didn't get anything out of it. I'm not sure ganking would have helped with the other lanes and would have lessened what he'd get in mid so in this circumstance I think he should have just insured that they got the maximum possible benefit from mid that they could. He was one of the highest levels by the time mid game rolled around - and the best farmed on his team - but he couldn't leverage those benefits for anything.

shira

Makes me think.

Obviously Kuro is famous for his Rubick (hence the set) and there will be the inevitable Dendi Pudge set but what about other famous players? What hero is someone like SingSing famous for?

So I've been trying to get into Dota2 since early beta days and it really just does not click with me. Either way, I tried again this Sunday for like 4ish hours and while I did start to get a better feel for the game I gotta ask.

Was there just an immense amount of lag on Sunday or in general? Felt very off for some reason. Had a hell of a time trying to last hit and get a feel for what damage my character was actually doing (second part is mostly not being used to the game I know)

ElyrionX

We are right smack in the holiday gaming season and I haven't bought a single game after GTA4 because of Dota 2. Games like AC4, BF4 and FIFA14 would have been easy day one pickups for me one year ago but Dota 2 is consuming so much of my time that I don't see the point of buying any other game. Even GTA4 got put aside fairly quickly.

Boken

Banned
We are right smack in the holiday gaming season and I haven't bought a single game after GTA4 because of Dota 2. Games like AC4, BF4 and FIFA14 would have been easy day one pickups for me one year ago but Dota 2 is consuming so much of my time that I don't see the point of buying any other game. Even GTA4 got put aside fairly quickly.

yeah i feel so sorry for you

LiQuid!

I haven't bought a video game period since July when I built my PC and started playing Dota. I bought a stupid 3DS last Christmas just cause I figured a new Pokeymans game was gonna come out and then that finally came out and I was all like fuck a pokeyman I'm just gonna play more Dota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom