• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
I haven't bought a video game period since July when I built my PC and started playing Dota. I bought a stupid 3DS last Christmas just cause I figured a new Pokeymans game was gonna come out and then that finally came out and I was all like fuck a pokeyman I'm just gonna play more Dota.
daer livejurnal,

todae i plaed a videogame.

my wai kei is broken

Tournament drop or reglar?

Me? I might have a few hundred, I didn't start till like Diretide.

OK site is back up. http://priceyourinventory.com/top-inventories Check out the epeen champions
VJnCO.gif

not Shira's Inventory
5 GBR's. . .
well well...look who's top 10 :3

4 legacies not included. dat pink wardog swagger :p

edit: curious that only 1 of my 5 paints was given a key value.

edit2: why is my Garrad worth so much? Almost as much as an Alpine set? The fuck?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I've been trying to get into Dota2 since early beta days and it really just does not click with me. Either way, I tried again this Sunday for like 4ish hours and while I did start to get a better feel for the game I gotta ask.

Was there just an immense amount of lag on Sunday or in general? Felt very off for some reason. Had a hell of a time trying to last hit and get a feel for what damage my character was actually doing (second part is mostly not being used to the game I know)
Characters have different turn rates and casting animation times (e.g. Echo Slam is instant and Fissure is like 1.2s). In addition attack animations being good or poor or different heroes having vastly different starting damages can make last hitting much more difficult.

If you are having trouble try getting a quelling blade and making sure you are facing a target you want to last hit to reduce the time to attack.

Also I found Dota easier to learn than LoL as a sidenote (Due to in game guides / builds / being able to read what all spells on all heroes do and see their stats)

Also make sure you pick a close server to you.

well well...look who's top 10 :3

4 legacies not included. dat pink wardog swagger :p

edit: curious that only 1 of my 5 paints was given a key value.

edit2: why is my Garrad worth so much? Almost as much as an Alpine set? The fuck?

I think it overvalues some things and undervalues others. Said my deepest depths HUD was worth 3.5 keys, when it's $3 on the store. On the market right now the lowest a basic Dota 2 treasure key is $2.38. Even if you go by the low price of $1.80 or so, that's still overvalued. Besides the fact that at some point, somewhere, somebody bought that key for $2.50.

Meanwhile some of higher tier rares and mythicals are valued at one key or less which is just inaccurate when they aren't available anymore. And it values all chest the same (basically nothing) even when the Invoker chest, for example, has shot up to over $1 on the market.

my e-peen is small ;_;

156.27 keys, and my Dragonclaw Hook makes up 77.2 keys of that.

baller.

I think it overvalues some things and undervalues others. Said my deepest depths HUD was worth 3.5 keys, when it's $3 on the store. On the market right now the lowest a basic Dota 2 treasure key is $2.38. Even if you go by the low price of $1.80 or so, that's still overvalued. Besides the fact that at some point, somewhere, somebody bought that key for $2.50.

Meanwhile some of higher tier rares and mythicals are valued at one key or less which is just inaccurate when they aren't available anymore. And it values all chest the same (basically nothing) even when the Invoker chest, for example, has shot up to over $1 on the market.

my e-peen is small ;_;

yea I noticed that too. but really..Stranges in Dota2 has been a failure of epic proportions. Some things that work in TF2 do not work in Dota2. Stranges are one of them.

Umph.

D2L has the best music.

Though BTS is pretty good too.

baller.

yea I noticed that too. but really..Stranges in Dota2 has been a failure of epic proportions. Some things that work in TF2 do not work in Dota 2. Stranges are one of them.

Strange items have definitely been mishandled, yeah. Current form is just not exciting enough and they haven't put out a regular chest that even has them in something like a year. With some better curation and expansion they could definitely be cool though. Coming up with new/interesting things to do with strange items would be a lot of fun to me, so it seems odd that Valve has let it slide. I guess better things to work on like her...oh wait

Maybe a revamp is in store whenever crafting arrives?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give STRANGES

Kreunt

Banned
Your inventory is worth roughly: 91.96 keys.
Your most expensive item is: The Llama Llama worth 26 keys.

dota poor.

Guys I have a DOTA problem.

Just spent 42 keys on a CM staff autographed by akke..

<3 Akke

Nice pickup!

My prized autograph possession is my Bulldog autographed Scythe.

I still don't know what item to put my Anuxi autograph on. There are so many. :( Whichever I put it on, it'll be my 3rd most prized Dota2 possession.

Open to suggestions, Anuxi!

shira

Ayesee must never have been to Vegas before:

"Rolling the dice and coming up aces"

What?! :p

Waaaaaat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_CMm83G85s&feature=share&list=PLzBGa3wiw1p6joiZqe4SxnQ7MBf38358u

Nice pickup!

I still don't know what item to put my Anuxi autograph on. There are so many. :( Whichever I put it on, it'll be my 3rd most prized Dota2 possession.

Open to suggestions, Shira!
Stryff

Kard8p3

Nice pickup!

You have a scythe? So jelly :((

but yeah, I'm loving this staff, feels like a good luck charm haha.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Nice pickup!

Whatever is the most expensive so you can sell it for profit later :p

I think its a toss up between owlion and Ruby Web Wings right now.

Whatever is the most expensive so you can sell it for profit later :p

I think its a toss up between owlion and Ruby Web Wings right now.

Wings would be worth more since they were/are only available in the chest at Legendary rarity (something like <2% drop), but Owlion is more iconic. QoP isn't really an "Anuxi" hero as such though. Hard to choose.

Your inventory is worth roughly: 508.44 keys.
Your most expensive item is: Fezzle-Feez the Magic Carpet Smeevil, worth 85 keys.

Yeah, that's good enough. My Mushi autograph has gone from 50 keys to 2 keys? Well that's alright, he's still one of my favorite players :D

Just don't know on what item I should put it on though.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My inventory is worth a grand total of 11 keys.

Like 6 and change here. Only been playing since July and I always trade away stuff that's good for stuff I want. Oh and I have yet to spend any actual money on the game. That'll change soon tho.

Speaking of, is there any way that's considered the best way to put money into this game? Like I wanna get some older set items for heroes I like (namely Windrunner's Featherfall set) but I don't like the idea of paying some dirtbag on steam $15 for them. It doesn't seem like there's an official means to get older stuff which sucks. Am I better off opening chests and trying to trade the contents of those for older items or just sucking it up and waiting for the cheapest option on the community marketplace to get more reasonable? Are content creators done getting paid for those older sets that are only being circulated via the marketplace and third party trading sites? What are the most valuable items still dropping out of chests? Those Manta arcs for AM?

I really like Anuxi sets so god help me if I ever take a liking to Mirana cause I can already tell I'm going to want that damn Owlion. :(

F!ReW!Re

Speaking of, is there any way that's considered the best way to put money into this game? Like I wanna get some older set items for heroes I like (namely Windrunner's Featherfall set) but I don't like the idea of paying some dirtbag on steam $15 for them. It doesn't seem like there's an official means to get older stuff which sucks. Am I better off opening chests and trying to trade the contents of those for older items or just sucking it up and waiting for the cheapest option on the community marketplace to get more reasonable? Are content creators done getting paid for those older sets that are only being circulated via the marketplace and third party trading sites? What are the most valuable items still dropping out of chests? Those Manta arcs for AM?

I would advise looking on dotawh.com for the older stuff.
They've got a lot of the older stuff lying around and if you just update it constantly for a period of time, you've got a chance to get some nice items from there.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I would advise on looking dotawh.com for the older stuff.
They've got a lot of the older stuff lying around and if you just update it constantly for a period of time, you've got a chance to get some nice items from there.

I don't like the valuations that site assigns to my items. I checked a couple rares and it was the same price for old rares you can get for 50 cents on the market and new rares that are worth more than a key on their own at Dota 2 Lounge. Also it kind of just seem to be a more convoluted middle man to get items just like I would on the Steam marketplace.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Like 6 and change here. Only been playing since July and I always trade away stuff that's good for stuff I want. Oh and I have yet to spend any actual money on the game. That'll change soon tho.

I really like Anuxi sets so god help me if I ever take a liking to Mirana cause I can already tell I'm going to want that damn Owlion. :(

D'awww thanks :3

They could return to the store during an event or sale? but artists gwt a cut of the marketplace transactions anyway, although its a lot smaller than the store if the price fluctuates it can be good or lame :p

I don't like the valuations that site assigns to my items. I checked a couple rares and it was the same price for old rares you can get for 50 cents on the market and new rares that are worth more than a key on their own at Dota 2 Lounge. Also it kind of just seem to be a more convoluted middle man to get items just like I would on the Steam marketplace.

It was around before the steam marketplace allowed selling of those items on there.

Also to address your larger issue, there is no easy way. You have to do some leg work. If you see a price you want on dota 2 lounge you're going to have to trade with some guy.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
55 keys or so is my total, though it definitely undervalued my top items by a total of 10 probably.

About what I expected. I haven't plunged any deeper into this abyss than 10 or 15 dollar items. Much as I'd love to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom