• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Sayuri doto
chansub-global-emoticon-76292ac622b0fc38-20x30.png

Nymerio

Had a pretty good game just now. Asked some NS why he chose to be a retard and attack the wrong guy, and he just said my bad and that was that.

Its queuing you with like-minded people D:

I don't know why everyone has to be such a dick about every little mistake that others make. The game has so many heroes no-one will be perfect on every single one of them and everyone makes mistakes. I swear, a lot of games could be one if people would just stfu and play instead of blaming each other.

sephi22

Had a pretty good game just now. Asked some NS why he chose to be a retard and attack the wrong guy, and he just said my bad and that was that.

Its queuing you with like-minded people D:
If that's the way you put it in game, you're part of the problem.

I don't know why everyone has to be such a dick about every little mistake that others make. The game has so many heroes no-one will be perfect on every single one of them and everyone makes mistakes. I swear, a lot of games could be one if people would just stfu and play instead of blaming each other.

You know you've won a game when someone on the opposing team starts blaming his team in all chat.

Also, advising someone to go for something is fine, but telling everyone what they should get and where they should lane and stuff when you yourself are sucking it up all game is a sign that you should maybe focus on your own game.

Like a Drow that orders everyone around but goes Slippers>SB>Lifesteal. That was her entire inventory.

Haunted

You know you've won a game when someone on the opposing team starts blaming his team in all chat.

Also, advising someone to go for something is fine, but telling everyone what they should get and where they should lane and stuff when you yourself are sucking it up all game is a sign that you should maybe focus on your own game.

Like a Drow that orders everyone around but goes Slippers>SB>Lifesteal. That was her entire inventory.
In a pub, you have no business bossing anyone around, ever. Even if you're the best player on the team. Many people are receptive to constructive criticism and helpful advice, though. Especially from the best player on the team.

As usual, it's all about how you conduct yourself.

nah that ain't me, I keeps it real. If someone last picks some obnoxious hero I'm giving them shit whenever they screw up, and asking them if it is worth playing that hero when we lose the game. It's not "ok" to waste 4 other people's time for some attempt at having fun with your favorite hero, when chances are you're not going to have fun at all because that hero doesn't work with this lineup.

Ugh tried to get a bet in but the queue was long and by the time I was nearing the top, the bot it assigned me ran out of inventory space. So much for ez rares.

Jokab

In a pub, you have no business bossing anyone around, ever. Even if you're the best player on the team. Many people are receptive to constructive criticism and helpful advice, though. Especially from the best player on the team.

As usual, it's all about how you conduct yourself.

Sure you do. If you're playing like a god and the rest of the team isn't, you should tell them what to do so your team can win. "Buy X so we can do Y", "Hero X and hero Y go top so you get farm" or whatever. Having at least someone who leads the troops is incredibly useful in pubs, as long as everyone is receptive to it. You can earn this respect by either just making good decisions or playing really well overall.

That said, non-constructive bashing is never a good idea unless someone goes like 0-15 and is all-round useless. Then I'd say it's okay to flip your shit because that's just silly.

Haunted

Sure you do. If you're playing like a god and the rest of the team isn't, you should tell them what to do so your team can win. "Buy X so we can do Y", "Hero X and hero Y go top so you get farm" or whatever. Having at least someone who leads the troops is incredibly useful in pubs, as long as everyone is receptive to it. You can earn this respect by either just making good decisions or playing really well overall.

That said, non-constructive bashing is never a good idea unless someone goes like 0-15 and is all-round useless. Then I'd say it's okay to flip your shit because that's just silly.
And the easiest and most important of all, by not being a complete dick. If you play like a god and everyone on your team isn't and you bitch about it like an asshole, see how receptive they are to your orders (even if they are correct). :p

Again, it's all about how you conduct yourself. It's a lesson worth learning for many Dota players.

GorillaJu

I'm not even talking about people flipping their shit when you have a terrible game. Yeah it's pointless to blame someone when the fault has already happened, but I definitely understand getting frustrated.

I'm talking about people who start the game off attempting to ruin everyone else's day. The example that prompted me to post was I had a lane partner Warlock as Alch, the dude was giving me shit for my farm, when he was actively trying to take every creep in lane. He has higher base damage and I didn't get a hatchet because I didn't expect to be competing with him. I still managed a decent gpm of around 500 without Midas in a losing game with a 1:1 KDR.

I didn't say but a word when he shit talked, just kept plugging away and getting whatever farm and helping when I could but he and two other teammates took it upon themselves to come into whatever lane I was farming, even jungle, and nuke down or steal last hits on my creeps then tell me that my farm sucked. He also used his rock every time he got ganked (which was often, I think he had around 19 deaths at the end), completely wasting the CD and feeding 100 gold to the enemies.

It's just sad that it's completely normal to be outwardly malicious, drop n-bombs and throw games by trolling your own teammates for no legit reason. Again I'm not talking about ragers, I'm taking about assholes, and the standard of treatment players give each other before you even have a chance to play the game.

I've found that nobody responds well to criticism (and I don't mean calling them a noob, I mean saying that their build is a bad idea or something) or takes advice unless they ask for it.

nah that ain't me, I keeps it real. If someone last picks some obnoxious hero I'm giving them shit whenever they screw up, and asking them if it is worth playing that hero when we lose the game. It's not "ok" to waste 4 other people's time for some attempt at having fun with your favorite hero, when chances are you're not going to have fun at all because that hero doesn't work with this lineup.

Yeah, one game I randomed Medusa and asked for the safe farm as I was only vaguely aware of ancient jungling and had no idea how to do it on Dire. Then one of my team-mates waits until everyone else has picked and randoms Jugg, buys nothing and rushes to the safe lane side shop to wait until he gets enough periodic gold for a ring of health. This left me in a dual offlane with a Tide who I was stuck splitting last hits with. Despite this the Jugg still had less farm than me so I felt pretty justified in giving him hell for screwing the team over.

It's just sad that it's completely normal to be outwardly malicious, drop n-bombs and throw games by trolling your own teammates for no legit reason. Again I'm not talking about ragers, I'm taking about assholes, and the standard of treatment players give each other before you even have a chance to play the game.

I don't think that's "completely normal", especially if you're reporting players who act like that.

ViviOggi

It's sad that there are Juggernaut players who think it's appropriate to be running around with an 1,1k HP pool after 35 minutes. That Battlefury recommendation needs to go already.

G.ZZZ

Ain't nothing wrong with some flame. You just need to be smart about it, and you'll never get banned/reported. People won't take any form of criticism anyway, better be personal/racist straight from the beginning and you'll be much more relaxed.

GorillaJu

I've found that nobody responds well to criticism (and I don't mean calling them a noob, I mean saying that their build is a bad idea or something) or takes advice unless they ask for it.

Yeah, one game I randomed Medusa and asked for the safe farm as I was only vaguely aware of ancient jungling and had no idea how to do it on Dire. Then one of my team-mates waits until everyone else has picked and randoms Jugg, buys nothing and rushes to the safe lane side shop to wait until he gets enough periodic gold for a ring of health. This left me in a dual offlane with a Tide who I was stuck splitting last hits with. Despite this the Jugg still had less farm than me so I felt pretty justified in giving him hell for screwing the team over.

I don't think that's "completely normal", especially if you're reporting players who act like that.

People always seek to justify themselves in response to criticism. Trying to force someone to admit their mistake and accept criticism is a more futile effort than getting dating advice from GAF. Criticism of your teammates just doesn't work 99 times out of 100.

i mean lets be honest saying

yo dumbfuck whyd you go bloodstone

is generally always better than

hey in the future maybe you should go orchid instead as its less snowbally and gives you some more utility while also giving you good mana regen

Artanisix

I find rather than criticizing what someone has already purchased, it's much better to say, "you should pick up x item next since we need x's utility against y hero / team comp."

GorillaJu

i mean lets be honest saying

yo dumbfuck whyd you go bloodstone

is generally always better than

hey in the future maybe you should go orchid instead as its less snowbally and gives you some more utility while also giving you good mana regen

Or just say nothing at all, because you're never going to see them again anyway, and no matter what they answer your question with you aren't going to be satisfied.

Haunted

100K viewers on the russian stream, 75K on the English one, Dota is growing (also [A] v Navi)
Enough to make twitch shit itself again.

Or just say nothing at all, because you're never going to see them again anyway, and no matter what they answer your question with you aren't going to be satisfied.
Nah, I think the second one is solid advice. Maybe something he'll think about in his next game. Think about it this way - even if you won't benefit from it in this game, you might make life easier for the next dude that Timber plays with. :p

Ahaha. All this and 12 minute Battlefury for Xboct with 1 actual stun (besides bashes or whatever Chen gets - both of which are unreliable) on Alliance.

Game was good.

Not to mention with so few stuns, CM ulti imba - and Timbersaw pretty brilliant too.

G.ZZZ

Carry str vs Timber isn't working i see. More than that, OD's still dumb, need razor or lose mid sigh.

EDIT: and twitch is useless as always. This shit is the first reason to buy dotatv tickets.

Artanisix

Carry str vs Timber isn't working i see. More than that, OD's still dumb, need razor or lose mid sigh.

EDIT: and twitch is useless as always. This shit is the first reason to buy dotatv tickets.

Troll does fine against OD, it's just he had CM and ET sitting on his ass all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom