• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

F!ReW!Re

I'm gonna add that dude and find out how he facilitated that. For my future reference.

I get the feeling that hot pink couriers have just solidified their high price.

I'm interested in that as well? Do you just hand over the courier and wait for the money?
Do you wait for the money transfer first? I dunno....

Pratfall

I love watching dendi play WR mid. I learn so much from watching him play my favorite hero.

Edit: Skills like shackleshot are what make Dota fun for me. Positioning and awareness have such a huge effect on the skill. Anywhere from one of the best disables (2 people for 4 seconds) to a good disable (1 person for 4 seconds) to a utility stun for chasing or canceling TPs. It is really incredible design. Just a thought I had watching that game.

bounchfx

just played offensive WD, first game as WD in general. Wow. He is super fun! between that crazy stun and his ult.. goddam. I said goddam!

Calidor

༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ PROTECT THE BEAR

oh twitch chat u so silly

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
tmdwxUH.png

The absolute worst kind of game. Knew it was gonna be a problem from minute 0 when I saw those goddamn Russian letters in the names on Ursa and Timber. Lo and behold they immediately feed hardcore and we've lost all three lanes to base in a matter of 20 minutes or so. I, WR, and Omni tried our best but there was simply nothing we could do. I played out of my mind for another 23 minutes or so as they tried to crack base, thinking for a while I might actually be able to get farmed enough to turn it around. But they took 2 rax, got a kill on me, and I gave up.

Utter waste of time.

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
I love watching dendi play WR mid. I learn so much from watching him play my favorite hero.

Edit: Skills like shackleshot are what make Dota fun for me. Positioning and awareness have such a huge effect on the skill. Anywhere from one of the best disables (2 people for 4 seconds) to a good disable (1 person for 4 seconds) to a utility stun for chasing or canceling TPs. It is really incredible design. Just a thought I had watching that game.

She really is an amazing hero, I started in dota 2 playing like 20 hours in co-op bot matches with her exclusively before going to matchmaking, shackling became second nature for me.

KevinRo

I love the DreamLeague casting.

Although if I could critique them it would be the snarky responses between Draskyl and Pyrion. Bruno and Pyrion both oohing and ahhing wayyy too much cluttering up the voice channels.

Other than that, it's really entertaining. Extremely entertaining.

I love the DreamLeague casting.

Although if I could critique them it would be the snarky responses between Draskyl and Pyrion. Bruno and Pyrion both oohing and ahhing wayyy too much cluttering up the voice channels.

Other than that, it's really entertaining. Extremely entertaining.

Yes first I thought the addition of Pyrion was a bit annoying, making everything much less serious. But it is good for new players and it has started to get very entertaining for me.

Yes first I thought the addition of Pyrion was a bit annoying, making everything much less serious. But it is good for new players and it has started to get very entertaining for me.
Currently there isn't really any casting going on that can help cater more towards a newer player. The addition of PyrionFlax is a step in that direction with him asking relevant questions then Draskyl providing high quality answers.

Bruno also wants to add more features to his pick/ban tool that would also help assist newer players in learning from watching the cast.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Currently there isn't really any casting going on that can help cater more towards a newer player. The addition of PyrionFlax is a step in that direction with him asking relevant questions then Draskyl providing high quality answers.

Bruno also wants to add more features to his pick/ban tool that would also help assist newer players in learning from watching the cast.

Yeah, that's really something I'd like to see more of at TI4. Casters currently tend to use so much jargon, nicknames, and inside jokes and I think they really ought to cut down on that stuff somewhat. Certainly they can't be explaining the rules of the game constantly but I think it would go a long way to making it more professional as well as digestible to people who don't watch this stuff all the time.

And they could probably use a really good video briefing of the rules and objectives that they play at the start of each day or something.

ViviOggi

These clear-cut roles also make for a positive overall tone (of course the GD chemistry helps as well). We've always had more knowledgeable co-casters, but the way they handled things was either to ignore questionable comments from the likes of Tobi and AC, which always feels awkward, or put them on the spot by correcting their mistakes.

traveler

Not Wario
It's a small thing, but I don't get why some casters continue to refer characters by their old names. Like, Tobi uses Furion pretty regularly when they should really stick to the names present in the game, not just for copyright reasons or whatever but as an assist to new players. It's hard enough to follow what's going on as is for newbies, but using names that aren't even in the game just takes that a step further for no good reason.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I still call NP "Furion" in game.

It's a hard habit to break when you've been at it for half a decade. And "Nature's Prophet" is a mouthful.

Not that I disagree with you but I can see why Tobi and others would use "Furion".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom