• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

Fuck your anti-mage sets. As if this hero needed more sets...

Where the fuck are all the luna sets? The best carry in the game doesn't get anything? why valve?

Is there a list of heroes that haven't received cosmetics yet? I want some Clockwerk, Storm Spirit, and Puck stuff.

shira

headsets suck. Get a decent pair of headphones and a modmic if you want good sound quality.

Well it doesn't suck, but you are paying a huge markup on really cheap components. All that marketing fluff on the box is just smoke and mirrors. It's no better than no-name headset 24601.

One more bump for my man burNIng, cuz he a disciple of EEsama.

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192267081

Upvote GAF! Support the supporters of EE.

Nirvana

What if the reason Valve has been so quiet on the Dota 2 front is because they got sick of us bitching about LC taking so long and decided to say fuck it and are actually brewing up some crazy 5 hero patch shit that's going to blow our minds?

Nope.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give CHRISTMASTIDE

Well it doesn't suck, but you are paying a huge markup on really cheap components. All that marketing fluff on the box is just smoke and mirrors. It's no better than no-name headset 24601.

I've never heard a headset that doesn't suck. I've heard a few, and most notably owned the pro gaming circuit standard (http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-commander) briefly. I was holly shocked by how poor audio was in them and the others I heard. I had/have no reason to believe less expensive headsets would sound any better, but if you say that do I'll accept your word for it.

Based on my experiences, I can't in good faith recommend anyone buy a gaming headset. Not if they care about the quality of the music and sounds coming through it. For that same $150-$200, you can get some exceptional headphones and add a $30 mic attachment to it that provides objectively better clarity and quality than $70-$100 standing mics. You'll just be a happier person. If I were just demoing headphones, I would have guessed the Commander's were $30 headphones based on the audio quality coming out of them.

bzm

I've never heard a headset that doesn't suck. I've heard a few, and most notably owned the pro gaming circuit standard (http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-commander) briefly. I was holly shocked by how poor audio was in them and the others I heard. I had/have no reason to believe less expensive headsets would sound any better, but if you say that do I'll accept your word for it.

Based on my experiences, I can't in good faith recommend anyone buy a gaming headset. Not if they care about the quality of the music and sounds coming through it. For that same $150-$200, you can get some exceptional headphones and add a $30 mic attachment to it that provides objectively better clarity and quality than $70-$100 standing mics. You'll just be a happier person. If I were just demoing headphones, I would have guessed the Commander's were $30 headphones based on the audio quality coming out of them.

Dreams isn't just makin' shit up, people. Don't buy headsets.

GorillaJu

List of feelings better than beating a 5-stack who stick together all game and pick lame, trendy heroes:

1) ...

2) ...

3) I give up, nothing is better. :(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Server crashes as we were throning the opponent and now that game isn't showing up in match history. This doesn't seem to be super common but I remember it happening in one of the Giant Bomb Dota videos from months ago. Has Volvo ever said anything about this?

Nirvana

Server crashes as we were throning the opponent and now that game isn't showing up in match history. This doesn't seem to be super common but I remember it happening in one of the Giant Bomb Dota videos from months ago. Has Volvo ever said anything about this?

Happened to me a little while ago, exactly as their throne reached 0 HP the server crashed and the game was completely non-existent, wasn't even on Dotabuff.

Hylian7

That satisfying feel of breaking a losing streak with Meepo.

That even more satisfying feel when you pick Meepo and your teammates are like "Oh god, not a Meepo, he's going to be feedpo and we're going to lose!" and then you carry them and they take back everything they said.

That even more satisfying feel when you beat an Earthshaker with Meepo.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/374270033

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I think older items from retired chests will eventually make it to the Steam marketplace. Shaper Divine chest is still in circulation though, so it'll be awhile before those are purchasable.

I got a Molten Fracture earlier in the week. I love it. :3

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I decided it would be okay to lose a few games since I was 13-3 this patch, but then MM decided to maul Keikaku (Sniper) in the face and I played Ursa.

Felt good after losing to a 50 minute PL who had a terrible start.

Hylian7

Broodmother's new webs are definitely buggy in the Dota 1 6.79 test map. There's some places I straight up can't place them, and other times I can't walk over terrain in them.

Sibylus

Banned
Shouldn't they be encouraging those people to migrate to 2? How does continuing support of 1 do that?
Good will, which is more or less the primary reason people built Dota 1 into a competitive game and scene to begin with. Can't really second guess the frog's methods as yet, going by the results.

Keikaku

I decided it would be okay to lose a few games since I was 13-3 this patch, but then MM decided to maul Keikaku (Sniper) in the face and I played Ursa.

Felt good after losing to a 50 minute PL who had a terrible start.
I was just coming off a really shitty game where I was a Silencer. Unfortunately, outside of 1-2 of my teammates, I was facing Hazaro's squad with a Shaman who kept trapping our own teammates in his wards and a Spirit Break who just charged everything, all the time.

They also had a strange fixation on killing the enemy Axe which really didn't work out for us :/

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I was just coming off a really shitty game where I was a Silencer. Unfortunately, outside of 1-2 of my teammates, I was facing Hazaro's squad with a Shaman who kept trapping our own teammates in his wards and a Spirit Break who just charged everything, all the time.

They also had a strange fixation on killing the enemy Axe which really didn't work out for us :/
Join me. Also I was solo queue that game (have that preference checked). Learned that WR is not so good vs PL and 2 manta heroes late game. And if you want to gank PL / jungle heroes you have to do it your self. Take the farm because everyone else is dumb.

Also as Silencer you should be bullying the shit out of your lane.
vdFaIbn.png

shira

Nexon Super is up.

Next week is gonna be crazy: Dk vs Alliance with Tobi onsite and Secret Shop. . . I wonder if there will be any surprise doto celebs.

Then next next week MLG. . . .best time to doto

shira

Sun Wukong is the next hero?

http://i.imgur.com/4OGDsxR.jpg

6.79 secret quest

Ultimate: 72 Transformations
Wukong transforms himself into a targeted enemy Hero, obtaining his skills and changing his primary attribute to match of the target Hero. His stats and items remains unchanged. Wukong cannot use his original skills during transformation.
Cast Range: Global
Duration: 20/22/24
Cooldown: 150/135/120
Wukong's primary attribute will change according to the Hero transformed, as well as the attack method
If Wukong transforms into Meepo, he'll spawn several of his own clones, the clones will die without killing him once the duration was over. He can still be killed if a clone die during the transformation though
If Wukong transformed into Morphling and morph his stats, the stats will be permanently changed even after the transformation.

Arkanius

Wukong transforms himself into a targeted enemy Hero, obtaining his skills and changing his primary attribute to match of the target Hero. His stats and items remains unchanged. Wukong cannot use his original skills during transformation.
Wukong's primary attribute will change according to the Hero transformed, as well as the attack method
If Wukong transforms into Meepo, he'll spawn several of his own clones, the clones will die without killing him once the duration was over. He can still be killed if a clone die during the transformation though
If Wukong transformed into Morphling and morph his stats, the stats will be permanently changed even after the transformation.

Is that confirmed or made up?

Nirvana

Isn't that a HON hero?

GorillaJu

Support Alch is just an extremely fun hero/role to play. If you're doing well with your team, you'll still end up 2nd or third richest because you can acid down creep waves in the jungle/unoccupied lanes once you've skilled up greed.

He also has a built-in way of dealing with one of typical ganking supports' weaknesses: once they blow all their spells they're kind of stuck dying or going back to fountain, unless you have urn charges and very high mana regen, which is unlikely. Alch's ult makes it possible to sustain yourself for long fights, and without the big HP bonus it used to have, it makes more sense to use it as a sustaining ability instead of a tanking one.

I went Soul Ring, Tranquils, Wand for early game items, then went for auras with Drums, Vlads and AC.

I didn't need a Blink Dagger this game but I felt like it would have been extremely useful.

Kard8p3

Really enjoyed watching! Did you just play for 8+ hours all night though? US-West? I woke up and I thought it picked up where I left off until I saw you talking to chat :p

We had been playing since... Idk, 10 pm central or so,its 7 am now haha. Glad you enjoyed watching! I'm not the guy streaming, but I was playing all night

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I mean you could say this about any sport/announcer. People from Saudi Arabia are going to have no fucking clue what the football announcer is saying--he's pandering to NFL fans, not Chinese tourists. Yeah it's cool to explain some things and go into detail for newbies, but cutting the "jargon, nicknames, and inside jokes" is completely unnecessary--it's what made the TI3 panel so entertaining, it's usually what makes any community cast entertaining beyond the play by plays. Us nerds and old school dota fans love that shit and are probably the majority of people watching a stream/cast anyway.

boken 1v1 me hearthstone i need to level classes

I completely disagree. The reason the "classic" sports can do it the way they do is that they already have a massive audience who understands their rules. And, when the Olympics come around and lesser known sports are brought to the forefront, they make a point of explaining the rules.

I could understand Dota fans not wanting the game to become too mainstream. There's a balance between keeping the hardcore soul of the game while making it at least halfway accessible to watch. A lot of the "in the booth" analysis is often cheesy, awkward, or outright embarrassing. Personally I would really like to see the professionalism stepped up (and some of them are definitely trying to improve) so that this could become something enjoyed by a larger audience. I'd love it if somebody like my girlfriend could watch TI4 with me and appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom