• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calidor

did anyone else watch last night the EEL game with Loda's Omniknight and Dendi's Pudge? it was absolutely ridiculous how skilled Dendi is with that hero, nevermind if you have Loda supporting you

Razzer

did anyone else watch last night the EEL game with Loda's Omniknight and Dendi's Pudge? it was absolutely ridiculous how skilled Dendi is with that hero, nevermind if you have Loda supporting you

How does EEL work then? Like NEL for Europe? Because loda and dendi obviously don't play together all the time.

Nymerio

Nope, but I'd like to watch that. Do you have match id?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
There's a new PA set made with input from Loda now too. Lots of pro player sets being made right now it seems.

64077DBA0660CACF14A2958CAE55A43A476CB1FE

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191143522

elyetis

Icefrog should really just pass off Dota 1 to someone else at this point.
-If- it's job is mostly about balancing the game and designing new hero, I doubt stoping his work on dota 1 to allow him to focus on dota 2 would actually help much.

But having a team of more than 2 trainee working on dota 2 only during their lunch break, might actually be a good thing to change. /rant

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Yeah no thanks, I'd rather see Dota 1 no longer be updated than have it be passed on to someone else.
I just mean someone to code his Dota 2 changes into Dota 1, not to make actual decisions about it.

It seems like a bad joke, Dota is getting posts from a Valve employee, hints at new quests/heroes from a Valve employee, development time from a Valve employee. It's a WC3 mod that isn't on Steam and generates zero income for Valve. Come on

Anteo

Terrorblade
- Metamorphosis duration from 40 to 40/44/48/52

Huh, so no big changes for this guy, finally

Ember Spirit
- Fire Remnant movement path now kills trees
Makes sense, every other altering position skill does this now.

Phoenix
- Sun Ray HP cost increased from 4% of current HP to 6%

I miss you Phoenix, you were one of my favorite heroes before your first spell rework.

Oracle
- False Promise manacost from 100 to 200
- False Promise cast range reduced from 1500 to 1000

Earth Spirit
- Boulder Smash rock push distance reduced from 2400 to 2000
- Boulder Smash can target a point to push the nearest rock within 180 aoe

I have no idea how to play you.

Balanced hero? balanced hero

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjncTYOMj7U
As I thought, can be coded into wc3, but buggy at extreme speeds

I just mean someone to code his Dota 2 changes into Dota 1, not to make actual decisions about it.

It seems like a bad joke, Dota is getting posts from a Valve employee, hints at new quests/heroes from a Valve employee, development time from a Valve employee. It's a WC3 mod that isn't on Steam and generates zero income for Valve. Come on

guess that guy who made the hl2 mod that later got hired by valve and went to go update it like 6 years later was wasting valve time as well

The reason there was no Halloween event and no heroes is because they needed to figure out how to go above 522 movespeed in WC3
you really need to move on from this

there are other fish in the sea you'll forget about her one day

Low Tier
yall need to stop being upset because you didn't get what you wanted out of valve. Icefrog is not a catering service to you, but the dota playerbase as a whole.

Anteo

The reason there was no Halloween event and no heroes is because they needed to figure out how to go above 522 movespeed in WC3

You know what's funny? they are getting a quest! We do not get a mode that was coded into the game before but they get a new quest from the scratch!!! pfft. And at least new hero for 6.70

dave is ok

aztek is ok
guess that guy who made the hl2 mod that later got hired by valve and went to go update it like 6 years later was wasting valve time as well

you really need to move on from this

there are other fish in the sea you'll forget about her one day
Sir Steve Winwood Official Valve Knight™

It's ok for people to criticize things sometimes, even if they are things you really really like.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

An incredibly short-sighted view. DotA is still incredibly popular in Asia and Valve can't afford to have IceFrog just abandon the game, they need to get the people switch over and just stopping work on their game isn't a smart idea.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
An incredibly short-sighted view. DotA is still incredibly popular in Asia and Valve can't afford to have IceFrog just abandon the game, they need to get the people switch over and just stopping work on their game isn't a smart idea.
I understand this point of view up until the point that Dota 2 is released in those regions, which in most - it has. He can continue to keep the original mod up to date as far as balance goes, but there is no point whatsoever in adding a quest event in Dota while ignoring a holiday event in Dota 2.

But at some point, trying to make sure Dota 2 changes are able to be done on the WC3 engine is going to hurt the game released in 2013 for the sake of the one released in 2003

Calidor

Sorry guys I'm at work right now, but I'll upload the replay tonight. It's hilarious watching pro players cry and rage after gettin hookd

BHK3

Banned
I understand this point of view up until the point that Dota 2 is released in those regions, which in most - it has. He can continue to keep the original mod up to date as far as balance goes, but there is no point whatsoever in adding a quest event in Dota while ignoring a holiday event in Dota 2.

But at some point, trying to make sure Dota 2 changes are able to be done on the WC3 engine is going to hurt the game released in 2013 for the sake of the one released in 2003

I see where you're coming from but I guess valve thinks its best to ween the audience off of dota 1 and let them slowly migrate into dota 2. A flat out drop of dota 1 might seem more harmful to them, to me if they just stopped updating dota 1 after this I think dota 2's numbers will still go up slowly if not more since dota 1 will be officially dead(update wise). I don't see how it would be harmful, Valve has nothing invested into dota 1 at all.

Artanisix

List of things community has gone baby mode over:
new mute system
phantom lancer
no visible mmr / the slaughter of dotabuff
golden roshans
alpine ursas
first pick imba
dire so imba
spirit breaker
pa no transparency
pulling and stacking

pick any combination of the above, I'd rather talk about those than diretide / NO VOLVO COMMUNICATION again.

Baha

Poor showing from Bulldog: https://twitter.com/AdmiralBulldog/status/398485108895657984

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1q3xgr/admiral_bulldog_is_angry/

7ckngmad said:
I'll explain what's going on in a few words. We are being pressured by tournaments to play 10 matchs per day, same goes for all the teams, Alliance included. To avoid problems, scheduled are done weeks in advance. That match was scheduled a month ago I believe. Before teams accept a tournament, they have to confirm their availability for all the matchs, which makes perfect sense. It appears that Alliance did not check anything, since they realized a day ago that they can't play the D2CL the 13th, as they will be in Korea. The blame is 150% on them, as I believe that Korean trip was not booked 3 days before departure.

Fairplay and sportsmanship by AdmiralBulldog apparently would be to force my team to play without me, (it's a fight for the top of the group, the most important match for both teams so far), because they struggle to get their shit together.

Obviously we will not pay for someone else's mistake, it would be the dumbest move ever. As a conclusion, I'll get two things clear: - We would strongly like to play versus Alliance in full line-up, we are competitors, and are interested by nothing else. Any words that would deny that are nothing but rumors. - The immense lack of respect coming from AdmiralBulldog on a public website is just another proof of his immaturity. I'm just sad to witness such behavior, and sad for the DotA community in general.

I hope a solution will be found, with respect & fairplay. I'm f**** tired of those scheduling problems when we do our best to avoid them.

Haunted

I'm actually surprised there aren't even more scheduling problems, the amount of tournaments some of these teams are juggling right now is pretty insane.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yo, where's my PA transparency????

Abandoning DOTA1 is a bad move. Why? Because it leaves the mod open for someone else to take up the reigns and potentially split the community when Valve's grip on the playerbase isn't yet absolute. As long as the WC3 custom games room is 80% Dota, they can't afford to drop it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I mean, this specific situation seems to be Alliance's fault, but I have a hard time disagreeing with Loda's tweet:

I think its bs that a PRO team can say that they can only play between 18-22. Then you are semi-pro. I call this my job for a reason -_-

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I watched a youtube of DOTA 1 once and it was completely incomprehensible. I don't know how anyone ever played that shit.

PRO means professional and not scheduling correctly is well not professional lol
Their schedules are obviously tight as fuck and maybe 7ckingmad wanted to visit his moms during their little off time XD

like I said I can see both sides and twitter wars....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom