• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

elyetis

I see. Has there ever been a break this long?
The only time we didn't get a single hero in a given month before this year, was august 2011/2012. Other than that, the biggest wait there was, was also this year, between elder titan and abaddon ( 2 month and 1 week I think ).

edit : I do hope it's actually a 'break', meaning it's not actually a new pace they will keep; but I really doubt it.

Pro is pro. I dunno how you can maintain a job and limit your game availability and claim to play on the level these guys do.

Because not everyone can afford that lifestyle? If your requirement for "pro" dota play existed we would have like 3 teams (whoever could scoop up a bunch of tournament wins + get one of the few good paying sponsors) and whoever could leech off their parents. Do you want the dota scene to look like that? It needs to grow a lot before it can sustain something like that.

Not to mention Sweden has one of dem social safety nets that I'm sure they would have been too pro to use if this career path would have failed.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The only time we didn't get a single hero in a given month before this year, was august 2011/2012. Other than that, the biggest wait there was, was also this year, between elder titan and abaddon ( 2 month and 1 week I think ).

edit : I do hope it's actually a 'break', meaning it's not actually a new pace they will keep; but I really doubt it.
Well the good news is that at least three heroes are pretty far along at this point.

elyetis

Well the good news is that at least three heroes are pretty far along at this point.
Can we really say that ? ( depend what you mean by 'far' ) I mean do we know how far the two spirit are compared to let's say.... LC 7 month ago ? ( we already had LC material in April of not March I think )

Not that I'm not thinking that we will get them before the end of the year ( as hard as it is to admit that techies as no chance to make it :sad: ), but it's not like we have any reason to be optimist about it ( other than knowing icefrog will not do 1 balance update each month, so they probably will have to make 2 actual content update before the end of the year ).

JustinBB7

Alliance has won Dreamhack, International, G-Leauge (or G1, whatever) Starladder (not the last one) and just about every other major tournament with good prizepools.

How can teams like mouz,liquid,fnatic etc survive from just Dota? They never win any big tournaments. At least not all the time. And all the prize money has to be split at least 5 ways, not counting the sponsor if they get money too.

Pretty shortsighted.

here anbokr a different moba added terrorblade

o8Q85fY.jpg

shira

Razzer

Just got done with my first ever game with Rubick in actual matchmaking after trying him in a couple of bot games...

What. a. hero.

I was supporting a Slardar radiant bot against an Anti-mage and a KOTL, and we did ok, a fair amount of blows were traded, some kills but neither side truly got the advantage. Our clinkz was doing good in the offlane and I never looked at mid but after a while I saw that batrider had no farm and pudge did do I assume they were fighting over it or something, pudge did pick after creeps spawned so he should really have gone to a side lane but I didn't actually see so it may have been innocent. Despite being the only support and buying all the wards etc I managed to get my arcanes and forcestaff in fairly good time (farming mid when the midlaner was away etc) I also stole the easiest spell to steal in the game in viperstrike which gave me some good utility in early engagements.

As the midgame came up I also managed to get a blink for ultimate mobility. At this point we lost a couple of fights where I did make some mistakes but also made some good contributions, stealing Beastmaster ult one time and ogre fireblast another. Just generally being a nuisance and helping clinkz do as much dps as possible. However things got really cool once I managed to farm my aghs. This was going into the late game but more than the 5 second cooldown I was just in love with having the upgraded version of spells. Stealing aghs viperstrike makes you amazing for base sieges as you can just spam it on supports from long range, then when a fight breaks out I wait for roar, steal it, then throw back an even more powerful one. Pudge made some good hooks that were key to us getting the raxes, and eventually we just pressured them down.

The game would have been very different if their AM actually knew how to play his hero. In a 60minutes+ game he ended with yasha vanguard butterfly and abyssal. Pretty shit farm when he had plenty of time to get a battlefury and farm for the late game. If he had gotten six-slotted at the time needed we may have actually lost, but take what you are given I suppose. Point is, Rubick feels awesome.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/374914723

Sun Wukong is the next hero?

http://i.imgur.com/4OGDsxR.jpg

6.79 secret quest

Ultimate: 72 Transformations
Wukong transforms himself into a targeted enemy Hero, obtaining his skills and changing his primary attribute to match of the target Hero. His stats and items remains unchanged. Wukong cannot use his original skills during transformation.
Cast Range: Global
Duration: 20/22/24
Cooldown: 150/135/120
Wukong's primary attribute will change according to the Hero transformed, as well as the attack method
If Wukong transforms into Meepo, he'll spawn several of his own clones, the clones will die without killing him once the duration was over. He can still be killed if a clone die during the transformation though
If Wukong transformed into Morphling and morph his stats, the stats will be permanently changed even after the transformation.

Yo Icefraud, quit ripping off SMITE

http://smite.gamepedia.com/Sun_Wukong

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wukong transforms himself into a targeted enemy Hero, obtaining his skills and changing his primary attribute to match of the target Hero. His stats and items remains unchanged. Wukong cannot use his original skills during transformation.
Wukong's primary attribute will change according to the Hero transformed, as well as the attack method
If Wukong transforms into Meepo, he'll spawn several of his own clones, the clones will die without killing him once the duration was over. He can still be killed if a clone die during the transformation though
If Wukong transformed into Morphling and morph his stats, the stats will be permanently changed even after the transformation.

But there are 110 Heroes Icefraud, why can Wukong only turn into 72 of them!

BHK3

Banned

I really hope none of you take this seriously since it was just a random post on reddit...

Okay I was writing up a more extensive post on why certain heroes don't have cosmetics yet, but it basically boils down to Valve Time™. You can make items for heroes that haven't been released for cosmetics, but in all likelihood you're going to be wasting time (could be a little, could be a lot) doing so. So there isn't much of a point in working on such things when you could be making sets/items for heroes that are prepped for them with a much more reliable turnaround (as little as a week to get into the store from the workshop.)

If not listed on this page, don't expect anything soon for a hero.

Specifically regarding Luna - she was broken down in the game files and in the importer for a time, but has since been removed from the latter. The whole deal with the updated mount (being in on test, then being out after many people disliked it/preferred tea towel cat) likely slowed everything down with her.

-----

Also the sound mix on Dream League today has been way off. Not sure how best to describe it, but something feels muffled in comparison to everything else. I think the commentary level might be way too high.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So are other teams playing pugna as their #1/#2? I haven't really had a chance to watch to many 6.79 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom