• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

So are other teams playing pugna as their #1/#2? I haven't really had a chance to watch to msg bff 6.79 games

Yeah, but i dunno, seen some games where the team seems to disregard any form of good game plan when running it, never pushing. That was among the few games where the game plan was executed very well, but it shouldn't be long until most teams should be able to adapt and run it like that.

yeah, gotta say, that's definitely some names that makes me want to read articles from that site

until I saw that there was mostly lol stuff...
Most of the initial content was from Gamespot's Esport section which heavily covers LoL but don't worry Dota 2 will get plenty of coverage as well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So Matt, what kind of stuff are you going to write. I doubt cbs wants patch analyst showing off the latest in virtual head ware.

Spookie

So Matt, what kind of stuff are you going to write. I doubt cbs wants patch analyst showing off the latest in virtual head ware.

Kirby is asserting his dominance in the world of hat mining. :p

Speaking of I hope the patch brings more hats for me to buy. :>

Edit: Forgot! Matt grats on the new role!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish I was at home so I could post a shock animation from Phoenix Wright. Could one of you guys do it for me?

Sahwit_Shocked.gif

I hope you like this one.
Cause it's freakin' me out

Lotto

3hs6LmD.gif

Since no one else did it.

Team Liquid has been doing so poorly since 6.79. They always look so lost whenever I see them play now. On the other hand it's good to see Fnatic back to form!

If you wanna read more about this whole 'they wont reschedule we are pros no one gets paid enough' thingy, Loda wrote a thing here: http://www.tv6.se/blog/loda/little-...random-rambling-discussing-low-salarys-dota-2

Also to steal more from reddit, here is what Valve had to say about playing Dota with the steam controller:

So far, Valve has been able to successfully play (and win) games in every genre -- except for one.
“Somewhat ironically, our flagship at the moment that we spend a lot of time thinking about is Dota 2,” Coomer said. “You can definitely play Dota 2 with this controller, but we wouldn’t say to anybody who’s a serious Dota player that this is an acceptable replacement for a mouse and keyboard for that game.”

“We have an internal joke. You can play Dota with the controller; you just can’t win,” Hope laughed. “Unless you’re playing against everybody else who has a controller, and then it’s a tractable problem.”
“There are definitely games that, although playable, aren’t good enough for the existing players to spend much time playing them with this controller,” Coomer explained. “There aren’t very many games like that on Steam, though. So when we say we’ve managed to accommodate the whole catalog, there are some places where, at the highest level, that’s not complete, because of things like Dota. But the entire catalog, we still think we can call it playable. There just aren’t that many in that category.” Hope said Valve has also “been doing a lot of experiments” regarding fighting games and will have more to reveal soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom