• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will kick myself for not betting if EG wins this Bo3. Though Game 1 was definitely a goofy, unserious draft from [A]. With a thrown game like that, the odds are certainly much better than 89% to 11%.

So I got charge of darkness'd by Rubick for the first time yesterday and that was pretty hilarious. That's all I have to say.

Also Pugna seems interesting, I want to learn him.

shira

So I got charge of darkness'd by Rubick for the first time yesterday and that was pretty hilarious. That's all I have to say.

Also Pugna seems interesting, I want to learn him.

I'm not sure how the game decides who hits first if you charge the sb.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I'd assume that EG and [A] scrim quite frequently so the games would be pretty close? Interesting to see EG take the first game.

Need more Fnatic wins though :D

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'd assume that EG and [A] scrim quite frequently so the games would be pretty close? Interesting to see EG take the first game.

Need more Fnatic wins though :D

i think alliance scrims more with fnatic and the other EU teams, scrimming with EG means both teams are up at awkward times

Hylian7

Can someone analyze this replay and explain to me why we lost this game? I'm pretty sure I know why, but I want to see what other people say, and our team was arguing, someone blaming the whole thing on me.

Bottom line is I'm pissed off that we lost to a SUPPORT FACELESS VOID. This team was complete idiots and not rotating and letting people get dived by FACELESS VOID AT LEVEL 5.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/375219502

Can someone analyze this replay and explain to me why we lost this game? I'm pretty sure I know why, but I want to see what other people say, and our team was arguing, someone blaming the whole thing on me.

Bottom line is I'm pissed off that we lost to a SUPPORT FACELESS VOID. This team was complete idiots and not rotating and letting people get dived by FACELESS VOID AT LEVEL 5.

but y u heff 2 b mad

Low Tier

kag is finally redeemed

elyetis

Just looking at the dotabuff page I'm surprised your team could loose after 'only' 34 min, with so much anti push potential.

edit : 7 min in, better rotation from the opposing team, better use of ward
edit 2 : hmm I would say everyone fault ? but it sure is sad to see that faceless did a better ganker job than tusk.

JustinBB7

James said the Spirit Breaker set would come in the client today. And MLG had their tweet about today.

Yet... nothing comes...

Valve gave up completely and doesn't even update for tournaments anymore :(

Sibylus

Banned
James said the Spirit Breaker set would come in the client today. And MLG had their tweet about today.

Yet... nothing comes...

Valve gave up completely and doesn't even update for tournaments anymore :(
Yeah, this is a much bigger problem than merely disappointing by being uncommunicative. Money on the line, yo!

Hylian7

For those that are watching that replay, I should mention something (since you can't see team chat in replays). Part of the reason they blamed me was because I went for maxing laser, then March, and said I should max Laser then Missiles. I told them I disagree, since Laser Missile is a snowball build and you can always farm and get BoTs if you go Laser March, then have the pushing power you need.

so I watched it and I'm not sure why you're surprised or why you asked someone to watch it.

1.) Their warding was more effective. It allowed them to gank regularly where your team's ward placements left you to be a victim over and over again.

2.) Their support play was better than your team's support play. Rubick was always around with timely telekenesis'. Void held people in place with his ult.

3.) Zeus and Huskar combined for 14 of the team's 16 kills and 7 assists @ 20 minutes, and only 6 deaths. Nobody bothered to gank solo Huskar for the entire laning phase.

4.) @ 20 minutes, Zeus, Huskar and Drow represent 3 of the game's top 4 farmers. @23 minutes, their team has 4 of the top 5 in net worth.

5.) You had nobody to tank the damage output of a moderately fed Huskar. People kept getting caught out and leaped on (including yourself) on a regular basis. Bot Tier 2 fight, for example. Two of you TP into 3 or 4 of them and get straight-up vaporized. I don't recall there even being a proper 5v5 engaement, but given how the farming phase went, it probably would have been a 5-for-2 affair.

6.) Anti-Mage was pretty bad. Once he tried to blink away from Huskar into neighboring trees...and missed the trees...and died to right-clicks.

7.) You picked a great split pusher, but had no real chance to split push. It took you 20 minutes to get travels up on Tinker. As you know, those need to be online in the first 10-12 minutes or your window to be a menace begins to close.

The fact that Void was playing support was immaterial. It could have been any hero. The problem was Rubick, Zeus, Huskar and your team's inability to do anything in terms of farm, ganking, or pushing back.

I'm surprised that you're surprised you lost.

edit: I meant to say Zeus was a problem, not Void.

Hylian7

so I watched it and I'm not sure why you're surprised or why you asked someone to watch it.

1.) Their warding was more effective. It allowed them to gank regularly where your team's ward placements left you to be a victim over and over again.

2.) Their support play was better than your team's support play. Rubick was always around with timely telekenesis'. Void held people in place with his ult.

3.) Zeus and Huskar combined for 14 of the team's 16 kills and 7 assists @ 20 minutes, and only 6 deaths. Nobody bothered to gank solo Huskar for the entire laning phase.

4.) @ 20 minutes, Zeus, Huskar and Drow represent 3 of the game's top 4 farmers. @23 minutes, their team has 4 of the top 5 in net worth.

5.) You had nobody to tank the damage output of a moderately fed Huskar. People kept getting caught out and leaped on (including yourself) on a regular basis.

6.) Anti-Mage was pretty bad. Once he tried to blink away from Huskar into neighboring trees...and missed the trees...and died to right-clicks.

7.) You picked a great split pusher, but had no real chance to split push. It took you 20 minutes to get travels up on Tinker. As you know, those need to be online in the first 10-12 minutes or your window to be a menace begins to close.

The fact that Void was playing support was immaterial. It could have been any hero. The problem was Rubick, Void, Huskar and your team's inability to do anything in terms of farm, ganking, or pushing back.

I'm surprised that you're surprised you lost.

Makes sense, the surprise just came out of the shock value of the support Void. It shouldn't work and it somehow did, even before he hit 6.

Top lane claimed they "won it" and AM was supposedly farming well, guess not. I would go back and look myself but Dota network is down.

Do you think it would have made a difference if I went Laser Missile instead of Laser March?

any hero can be a support

But a lot of heroes are terrible supports. Just like any hero can be a carry, but a lot of them are bad carries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom