• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I also just realized that besides the spirit mention on the two new items that were added, that they put in the Spirit Breaker set for the Dream League ticket. 3(!) spirit mentions from that hat patch!

And those voice lines make it sound more like the 6.79 hidden quest (or other event mode) than anything else.

Also, that bamboo HUD is pretty nice.

eznark

Banned
That MLB bundle is pretty dope. The courier is rad, the HUD is probably my favorite and the rune is fine. Pretty pumped I picked it up.

brentech

That MLB bundle is pretty dope. The courier is rad, the HUD is probably my favorite and the rune is fine. Pretty pumped I picked it up.
Glad you got the baseball bundle =D

Grabbed it as well. I like the courier better without flying. I like my portal HUD more I think.

Earth Spirit has the same voice as Tiny and/or Nature's Prophet?

I mean, it's fitting, but kind of confusing, don't you think?

Also there's 2 voices there. The first line is probably Ember, while the last line Earth. Obviously they didn't include Storm in there or it'd be entirely obvious to us what's going on.
Be awesome if they were the first three to have trilane lines. If all three are in the area they use the three person lines.

It'd be a new take on the ally/rival line concept.

eznark

Banned
Glad you got the baseball bundle =D

Grabbed it as well. I like the courier better without flying. I like my portal HUD more I think.

I can't stand the portal stuff. It's so obtrusive.

I'm trying to convince someone to make a Brewers HUD with my typos.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
GAF. How 2 play Sepecter? Is he a solo ganker? Tank man? Purple guy?

One of the hardest carries in the game, probably just under Medusa in terms of farm time until she's effective. But she's also probably my favorite hard carry in the game to play, I just love how her skills work and I find it pretty easy to farm with her if my team is decent.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/375208080

Awesome RD match last night. Our Tiny and Centuar absolutely dominated their DK, WD, and SS trilane. What a wombo combo they make. The enemy Pudge was doing a good job at ganking but he couldn't stop our momentum. I laned with Lich so of course it went well, but I was surprised at how well the enemy Windrunner offlaned against us. I think we only killed her once before the midgame. The kill score was 46 - 30, which makes it look closer than it really was. We just kept overcommitting after we won teamfights so a few of us would end up going down too. But our opponents were still never able to capitalize on our mistakes.

I really like Luna. Once you get some items and max Glaive, you are a farming/pushing machine. I love how you can hit towers and your attacks bounce to enemy heroes who come near. And her move speed is great. I tried stacking ancients with HotD but never got it right. Oh well, usually I completely forget to try it altogether.

JambiBum

So I just played a match of RD where I had possibly the dumbest luna of all time on my team. Luna and warlock went offlane against a dazzle and veno with a bloodseeker in the jungle. It's a shitty lane set up for them in the first place but to make it even worse Luna did not level beam or her ult at all. She went straight push/farm build against what she considered a "trilane". Even after warlock told her to stop putting points into glaive she still did it. Didn't even level her ult at all. They got shit on top so badly that it screwed the rest of our lanes over. When the game was basically over I told the other team what her skill build was and they all laughed and said no wonder we never got stunned. Every single person in that game told her that was a bad idea and she was like "No it isn't, watch my last game, it's the best build".

Times like this are when you have to just shake your head and wait in the fountain.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
just sold my alpine ursa set, drodo, 3 ti3 smeevils and 2 oskys, feel dead inside.

untitled-302qores.gif

So I just played a match of RD where I had possibly the dumbest luna of all time on my team. Luna and warlock went offlane against a dazzle and veno with a bloodseeker in the jungle. It's a shitty lane set up for them in the first place but to make it even worse Luna did not level beam or her ult at all. She went straight push/farm build against what she considered a "trilane". Even after warlock told her to stop putting points into glaive she still did it. Didn't even level her ult at all. They got shit on top so badly that it screwed the rest of our lanes over. When the game was basically over I told the other team what her skill build was and they all laughed and said no wonder we never got stunned. Every single person in that game told her that was a bad idea and she was like "No it isn't, watch my last game, it's the best build".

Times like this are when you have to just shake your head and wait in the fountain.

Christ. I don't even put one level into Glaive until 10. It seems like that would be pretty basic knowledge... but then again I keep getting "support" teammates who auto attack creep waves and steal my last hits, so even the most basic ideas seem to get ignored by a lot of players
in the trench.

They better have these Spirits ready, I'm not sure how much this community can take for teasing. TF2 has had stuff teased that came out 4+ months later, I don't know if the community is that patient anymore.

JambiBum

Christ. I don't even put one level into Glaive until 10. It seems like that would be pretty basic knowledge... but then again I keep getting "support" teammates who auto attack creep waves and steal my last hits, so even the most basic ideas seem to get ignored by a lot of players
in the trench.
That's usually how most people build her unless you have a free lane to do whatever you want. That is the only time that I can understand going glaives first. I've been out of the trench for a while now but sometimes the trench finds you. Went on a 12 game win streak a few days ago and then Dota decided enough was enough so now I get teammates like that. Most of the time I don't have any problems with teammates even when I solo queue but not since my win streak.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I had an all random game last night where the enemy blood seeker killed/denied a friendly weaver in the first 30 seconds of the laning phase, and later force staffed me into neutrals so I got denied by them. While a loss in the end, the game was hilarious. Tide/Double RP Wombo was too much.

This has to be the highlight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKLyfFH_El8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom