• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

They better have these Spirits ready, I'm not sure how much this community can take for teasing. TF2 has had stuff teased that came out 4+ months later, I don't know if the community is that patient anymore.

Yeah I imagine they would release the update this month but any later than that and it would be fair to wonder why diretide had to be cancelled

Taborcarn

I opted in for the beta. The shorter matches are what interests me.

Now that I have an infant at home, it's really been hard to get full matches in. He always decides that about 20 minutes into any given Dota match is the perfect time for him to start screaming his head off.

eznark

Banned
The animations in that Blizzard MOBA look janky as hell. Why is everyone moving so stiffly?

The synchronized creep attacks in the developer interview are hilarious.

Also the way they talk about it makes it sound like it's meant to be a game for children.

eznark

Banned
I didn't even mean it in a derogatory fashion. It seems like it's a game they want kids to be able to play. 15-20 minute games? Removing some of the skill-based aspects like last hits and gold.

I don't know, seems to work with Hearthstone.

JustinBB7

Sounds like it's a super casual game for die hard blizzard fans.

As long as they don't pretend it's an e-sport game like LoL tries to do, it should just pass us by.

Ketch

I think the biggest problem with Blizzard Dota is that the art style is incompatible with nasty BM trash talk.

Like, how do you sling homophobic slurs when you're playing in a sparkly saturday morning cartoon universe?

eznark

Banned
I think the biggest problem with Blizzard Dota is that the art style is incompatible with nasty BM trash talk.

Like, how do you sling homophobic slurs when you're playing in a sparkly saturday morning cartoon universe?

LoL players make it work

Ketch

Too bad the gameplay is always shit too.

Nah. Their game design may have issues but gameplay (and cinematics) is where bliz shines brightest. Combat in D3 and all of SC multiplayer are arguably best in genre.

LoL players make it work

I like to think of LoL as a badly drawn anime universe, and the horrid behavior and language kind of fits perfectly in that context.

Who is the hooded guy with the wings made of blue light? The one who's fighting the StarCraft lady. He looks pretty cool.

And that blonde StarCraft chick is bangin.

sixghost

I didn't even mean it in a derogatory fashion. It seems like it's a game they want kids to be able to play. 15-20 minute games? Removing some of the skill-based aspects like last hits and gold.

I don't know, seems to work with Hearthstone.

When they say there are no last hits, do they just mean for hero kills? What would even be the point of creeps if there were no last hits on creeps?

When they say there are no last hits, do they just mean for hero kills? What would even be the point of creeps if there were no last hits on creeps?

Eh, SMITE technically has last hits but they aren't that important. I don't know how the Conquest (Dota-style) mode is played now, but it used to be all about pushing the lane and taking towers ASAP. So you can imagine my surprise when I had to learn to do the exact opposite thing in Dota 2.

I'd have to watch again, but I thought it said more of a de-emphasis on last hitting, not an elimination of them. Like you don't have to worry about who was getting farm as it's all shared. Could be totally wrong though. Edit: Purge said no last hitting. So I am wrongs.

Could be neat where you have a dedicated farmer who just feeds into your carry, sort of like how bounty works now but more explicit.

IceMarker

Apparently the same buyer as the $38k one a few days ago?

DIbeLWt.gif

BALLS looks like they remade the warcraft 3 engine with higher resolution textures and higher poly counts. Will Valve's Dota 2 art direction hold up ten years from now?

Smithy C

I played a game yesterday where a pudge missed all but one hooks. I'm beginning to think I should never play pudge. Am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom