• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBSmatt posts the future of cyborgmatt.com
http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/11/ongamers-and-the-future/

switch up your bookmarks

pqnosU4.jpg

fiore

Banned
Man oh man do I enjoy games where the match is close and every move matters. Had a naga and enigma in my team, only one time were we able to get that combo right.

Skinpop

why is playing dota 2 during lunch/daytime such a horrible experience... takes forever to get a game and only russians.

shira

Nearly $20k added to the MLG prizefund already.
ib1IknAnGKJfVR.jpg

Only 3.17 million left till Techies

And that means nearly $60K for MLG/other benefactors. So the ticket sales are close to pulling a profit already (obviously covered the prize pool already but I have no idea how expensive it is to run the event.) This shows that the Dota 2 scene is well on it's way to being self-sustaining. Not there yet but within the next year or so.
MLG's goal is to build dota, not profit from this first tourney. Build brand recognition etc

Razzer

Nearly $20k added to the MLG prizefund already.

And that means nearly $60K for MLG/other benefactors. So the ticket sales are close to pulling a profit already (obviously covered the prize pool already but I have no idea how expensive it is to run the event.) This shows that the Dota 2 scene is well on it's way to being self-sustaining. Not there yet but within the next year or so.

Bpi7p8Y.jpg

JustinBB7

Just remembered that we're also still missing the last hit training mode that has been worked on for months and months and is already playable through a console command..

Are they saving everything for a big greeviling patch :(

rugioh

Banned
I'm afraid to play Dota tonight. It has been three days since my last loss and I can tell I'm long overdue for a trip to the trench.

Its a great feeling when valve seems to set you up for failure with 3 peruvians and 1 guy without a mic, and you still stomp the other team in less than 25 mins

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What is it in 6.79 that made them so crap?

Haven't been watching any DK lately but I would imagine it's the decrease in viability of trilanes and safe farming. The current meta is very strongly oriented towards early pushing which is like the polar opposite of the kind of Dota the Chinese teams classically like to play.

eznark

Banned
Why is there no RSS for ongamers? Or why am I so retarded that I cannot locate one. An answer to either which includes the RSS would be appreciated.

eznark

Banned
So does everyone still think that Riki got a huge buff in 6.79? I ask because I have rarely seen him played and in the last match we played I actually started thinking that on the whole, 6.79 made Riki less viable. With supports getting so much more money, it's easy to basically ward spam the entire map making him almost wholly useless.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Its a great feeling when valve seems to set you up for failure with 3 peruvians and 1 guy without a mic, and you still stomp the other team in less than 25 mins

Ended up losing real bad but I was with my regular 5 stack so I only have our piss poor play to blame. Got MM'd versus a stack from the Giant Bomb channel and they schooled us. I knew the streak was too good to last. T_T

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So does everyone still think that Riki got a huge buff in 6.79? I ask because I have rarely seen him played and in the last match we played I actually started thinking that on the whole, 6.79 made Riki less viable. With supports getting so much more money, it's easy to basically ward spam the entire map making him almost wholly useless.

No one smart thought that the riki changes would help him. Invisible dagon riki is on the same level as choo choo train bloodseeker. Its only good on paper.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
might as well just go refresher force staff and run around and just get people really out of position like a badass invisible batrider

This could be pretty funny in all the shit tier pubs I play in with both teams sitting in mid for minutes at a time just staring at each other across the river waiting for nothing to happen.

Nymerio

This could be pretty funny in all the shit tier pubs I play in with both teams sitting in mid for minutes at a time just staring at each other across the river waiting for nothing to happen.

lol I know exactly what you mean. And then people get mad if you dare to leave so you can get on with your farming.

rugioh

Banned
lol I know exactly what you mean. And then people get mad if you dare to leave so you can get on with your farming.

it makes me so mad.. I leave to an empty lane to get some cs then they start pinging nonstop and bming when they're not going to initiate anyways

collige

Banned
GAF. How 2 play Sepecter? Is he a solo ganker? Tank man? Purple guy?

Well, she's not a guy. She's also a very hard carry. Farm all day all night, participate in fights with Haunt when you need to. Since you can always jump into a fight, you don't have to worry about sticking with your team if a fight is gonna happen. Usual item build is Treads/Phase -> Drums -> Diffusal -> Manta/Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom