• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow blades are finally affordable (~ 100 €).

good to see. they were waaaaaaaay overpriced.

as I said back in September, it's like people didn't know that Valve was gonna restock the shit. Pay $300 today, or wait a few weeks and pay 1/3 that amount? I guess one has to decide how important being the first to have something is.

Out of my last 21 games only three have been losses. This is not the Dota I know.

Also two of said losses were with my top 2 heroes! It's like backwards land!

soon.

Zeth

Not surprised about the Shadow Blade. I have a few luckboxes arriving next week. Not sure if I should sell them to buy the item(s) I want, or open them and probably get screwed.

shira

https://twitter.com/SpeedGamingTV/status/399238633720266752
iVI3Q9jue5i6U.png

Oh shit son EG done fucked up, rtz + EE 4lyfe

Wok

Not surprised about the Shadow Blade. I have a few luckboxes arriving next week. Not sure if I should sell them to buy the item(s) I want, or open them and probably get screwed.

I would sell the boxes and buy the items. It sounds more rational.

u need to maximize your burst dmg, so u need max refraction and meld. It just takes practice. Meld is a hard skill to land. All there is to it.

I think a second point after maxed refraction is good if you're not getting blink, otherwise i would max meld every time.

Ok thanks. I will just stick to the standard build then. She is a tough hero because Meld is really easy to whiff, especially with low level Psi Blades. But I really liked her burst damage and all her skills are awesome. I could see TA being my favorite hero if I can get better.

harSon

Banned
My Dota is all fucked up right now. Can't see projectiles, attack animations or denies and creep/hero gold. It makes farming pretty much fucking impossible. It's like this even after restarting steam, dota and my computer x_x

My Dota is all fucked up right now. Can't see projectiles, attack animations or denies and creep/hero gold. It makes farming pretty much fucking impossible. It's like this even after restarting steam, dota and my computer x_x

Valve trying to make the game like Heroes of the storm already?

bounchfx

hey guys, some friends I do sets with made a hud, take a look!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193155051&searchtext=
268x268.resizedimage

87D77486AC05AC4525325C0A673065E3755E169B

thumbs if ya like it. Should have more cool stuff to show soon!

----------

in otter news, started playing as Shadow Shaman again, first time since the new patch. He was gotdam before and he is GOTDAM now with the ulti buff. Saw a faceless void melt before my eyes. It was beautiful. Also.. it's really hard teaching someone to play. Really hard. There's just so much in this game to keep track of.

in OTHER otter news. I played Heroes of the Storm yesterday, gonna play more today. It seemed pretty fun, but it's definitely LoL-Lite. I don't think it's for anyone that already plays Dota. I think it can take away from the lol crowd which is already pretty casual (in comparison), but this is by far the 'lite-est' moba I've played. It has tall/invis grass, NO buying items, everyone levels at the same time, multiple maps, towers with limited ammo, etc. Gonna try some other heroes today, it's awesome that you can play as their heroes, as it's pretty much just fanservice, the game. It won't replace dota for me but I can see playing it when I don't feel like thinking or if I want that 'type' of game with friends that had a hard time learning Dota.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I want Venge cosmetics. Who do I have to blow?

Sibylus

Banned
fuck verification. that's just more time wasted. If he has decent internet, he'll have the entire game downloaded in 15-20 minutes.

Just delete, start the download and go get a cup of coffee.
Pssh, please. If his files are corrupted, verification replaces them and saves him the entire redownload. Babies and bathwater.

Sanjay

I just picked up a steel series sensei raw because my death adder was pooping on me and it's been working great.

So was mine, which Deathadder do you have? its very easy to open up, the top half can be opened up with no tools, just use a thin blunt knife. The bottom half you need to unscrew.

Most the time, its dust and stuff messing with the sensor.

Hows the Sensei compared to the Deathadder? I have one but have never used it.

bzm

hey guys, some friends I do sets with made a hud, take a look!

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/685965905405838082/82EF38452DE0EA97C090C07D7B7C098F970C941E/268x268.resizedimage[IMG]
[IMG]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/685965905405898661/87D77486AC05AC4525325C0A673065E3755E169B/[IMG]
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193155051&searchtext=[/url]

thumbs if ya like it. Should have more cool stuff to show soon!

----------

.[/QUOTE]
I think you owe anbokr some new pants.

sixghost

How do you counter TImbersaw in the laning phase?

Make sure to keep clicking on him to check how many points he has in reactive armor. If he has no points in it, harass the hell out of him. If you see it with 5 or more charges that means he has 2 points in reactive, so don't even bother right clicking him until you are going for a kill. You really need a lane with multiple stuns if you want to kill him. Slows really don't effect him that much because he can just timberchain away. Try to stun him during him timberchain animation since it gets cancelled by stuns now.

BraXzy

I just picked up a steel series sensei raw because my death adder was pooping on me and it's been working great.

How is it in comparison? How are the buttons on the side? Seem pretty small compared to the Adder ones. Glossy or Rubber?

I'll keep this in mind when I need a replacement for my own :L

Artanisix

So was mine, which Deathadder do you have? its very easy to open up, the top half can be opened up with no tools, just use a thin blunt knife. The bottom half you need to unscrew.

Most the time, its dust and stuff messing with the sensor.

Hows the Sensei compared to the Deathadder? I have one but have never used it.

Don't remember which Deathadder I have, gotta go dig through my desk to find it. The left click stopped working, which makes playing dota and browsing the web really awkward, so I had to replace it. Might take a look and clean it up, if I can fix it I'll give it to my girlfriend.

Sensei feels pretty damn good, my only gripe is that sometimes I accidentally hit the buttons on the right side. I opted for the rubber one and it feels nice and sturdy.

Also Heroes of the Storm, jesus christ Blizzard. This is how you don't do cosmetics.

Adding Lina, Nature's Prophet, and cementing Sand King on my "heroes I don't enjoy playing" list. Lina just feels like Lion except mana starved and her stun is way harder to land. NP is just boring. And I can't put my finger on why I don't like playing SK but I just don't.

domstah

http://dotabuff.com/matches/377678590

I share this with you in frustration and shame - this game is the worst game of Dota ever played. I don't know what went wrong - we had them about 35 minutes in - we just need one good push in the middle, and then spent an hour clowning around like this was a three ring circus.

I don't know if anyone actually watches match replays when they are posted - but this is either the best comeback ever or the worst game of Dota 5 people could ever play together.

I take my fair share of blame - i had so many items I often forgot to use them, but by god my team was comprised of people undergoing live lobotomies or something.

Spookie

YES! I finally finished AM on my A-Z challenge. I got called a cancer to the game, I made a lot of money, followed 109's advice to split push and met a friendly English Russian! Feelsgoodbroskis!

Fnatic in the quarter finals of Eizo Cup and Stay Free in the other quarter final, really hope we get that semi-final

Battle of the HonTrash!

bounchfx

You part of redmoon now?

The neon green accents are offputting since it really stands out and distracts your eye, my suggestion is a dark red or even grey/black . Or have it user changeable.

Hey, yeah. Started it.

As for the green, oroboros was shooting for something to match the SF redesign that was hinted at, more of a 'inspired by' piece than a hero HUD. I know there's some changes/fixes coming for it and I'll suggest to dim the value of the green perhaps if it's getting distracting, though afaik he is sticking with green in general.

Thanks dudes. I'm in line to try heroes of the swarm again. Gonna try arthas this time...

BraXzy

Ahh.. this is why I love this game.

Just had a game as nightstalker mid, I was doing pretty well, got a few mid kills, ganked top to help the solo windrunner. Things were going well. Then the Windrunner DC'd for no reason just saying "i leave". Dunno why.

Anyway, long story short, with a man down, we kept dominating and by the end 3 of their players had rage quit. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom