• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceptor

this is amazing...

CONSTANT FIGHTING

Edit: damn @ the faces in the
FOU
losers booth..

but really, glad to see a packed venue and enthusiastic crowd

shira

this is amazing...

CONSTANT FIGHTING

Edit: damn @ the faces in the
FOU
losers booth..

but really, glad to see a packed venue and enthusiastic crowd

Free hats for all.

I guess EG.Korea sponsorship?
Doesn't bodewell for DK/Alliance.

ViviOggi

No Interview-chan?

Some real characters on Startale though, loved everything about this tournament.

Ir2E0R0.jpg

Satch

Banned
one of you guys has to have ursa's pink scarf and one of you guys has to want to give it away to me for the low low price of free ninety nine

i fucking hate everyone that complained about it and got it taken out of the store i hate you i hate you i hate you I NEED IT

Hylian7

Either I had an extrordinary leap in Meepo competence, or he really is extremely buffed in 6.79. I'm telling you, new Meepo is legit. I really wish the pro scene would notice him and start picking him.

Razzer

I know I'm like 12 hours late on this conversation but anyone saying tinker is boring obviously isn't playing him like a man.

(This game is amazing so it's worth watching.)

elyetis

Just saw the blog post, so little in it yet that's really all I wanted, the same blog post but 2 weeks ago and things wouldn't have went as far as they did. Let's just hope the same mistake won't happen again ( not speaking of missing a seasonal event, but the fact they didn't say a word before it happened ).

Now they better have a really really big update with how it's hyped, ( as in not just ember/earth spirit ), which would not on only explain why it seemed more important than diretide, but also how it can still not be ready yet Not simply speaking of new hero ( even thought I really wouldn't say no to LC + spirits ) even thought that's what I want the most, but other things we know are in work ( last hit thingy, custom game mod, finaly a true way to know your own level/bracket/whatever ).

Nirvana

I'm just preparing myself now for the servers dying and 300 bugs occurring, followed by the sound of more whining from the community. Valve is kind of too awesome for not only giving us a big update, (which probably would have stopped the complaining anyway), but also giving us diretide.

Honestly, Valve - what a fucking guy.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Moody put ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ back in the thread title so I can easily find it when scanning the community page.

Thanks.

GorillaJu

You just have to know how to counter that guy, but it's true.

I'm not worried about him kicking my ass, I'm worried about him ruining games because people insta-lock him then feed uncontrollably and become useless for their teams.

When I played Dota WC3, anytime someone picked Techies, the host would just drop everyone and remake. It's just a stupid game-ruining hero 90% of the time.

elyetis

I'm not worried about him kicking my ass, I'm worried about him ruining games because people insta-lock him then feed uncontrollably and become useless for their teams.

When I played Dota WC3, anytime someone picked Techies, the host would just drop everyone and remake. It's just a stupid game-ruining hero 90% of the time.
I doubt a hero will change the community, it's just that some hero tend to attract specific kind of people already part of it. Like you usually expect pudge (& sniper & riki ) to be the first to unpause.
The trench is already everywhere, but with techies you will know there is 90% chance that the trench is there before the pick end, while atm you discover it 5-10min into the game.

elyetis

Seriously, we're at a point where there should be several acceptable modes for anyone.
Acceptable yes.
But I still hope we get a mod where each player get to ban a hero, atm ban mechanic is limited to mods with a captain.
I also still think there is a big potential in a game mod where you pick the role ( & hero ? ) you intend to play, with a given lane setup.

BigAT

I doubt a hero will change the community, it's just that some hero tend to attract specific kind of people already part of it. Like you usually expect pudge (& sniper & riki ) to be the first to unpause.
The trench is already everywhere, but with techies you will know there is 90% chance that the trench is there before the pick end, while atm you discover it 5-10min into the game.

Uh...what?

Seriously, we're at a point where there should be several acceptable modes for anyone.

Maybe its not applicable to everyone, but queueing for anything outside of AP will get you people who are obviously not in the same tier.

The better solution would be to queue with friends only.

elyetis

Uh...what?
That's only my ( and some of my friends ) personnal experience. If a team pause the game and there is a pudge in the opposite team, most of the time the pudge player will be the one who's gonna unpause the game ( a little less true, but we more or less saw that same trend with riki and sniper player ).

Coincidence, maybe ( maybe simply the fact it's the most played hero ? ).
The better solution would be to queue with friends only.
I rage far too much in dota 2 to keep enough friends for that.

BraXzy

one of you guys has to have ursa's pink scarf and one of you guys has to want to give it away to me for the low low price of free ninety nine

i fucking hate everyone that complained about it and got it taken out of the store i hate you i hate you i hate you I NEED IT

What pink scarf is this? Pic?

So I want to get better at Templar Assassin. I know the standard build is to max Meld and Refraction first and only take one point in Psi Blades. But is there any merit to my idea of only taking one point in Meld and then maxing Psi Blades and Refraction first? The two times I played TA I was seldom hitting Meld shots before I got a Blink Dagger anyway.

Oh dear haha. When was that in the game? I've never seen it
It's worth a couple hundred bucks.

It's from like a year or so ago. It got taken out and there is massive demand for it. When you hear people talking about alpine ursa or the people who complain about it that's one piece of it.

Low Tier
So I want to get better at Templar Assassin. I know the standard build is to max Meld and Refraction first and only take one point in Psi Blades. But is there any merit to my idea of only taking one point in Meld and then maxing Psi Blades and Refraction first? The two times I played TA I was seldom hitting Meld shots before I got a Blink Dagger anyway.

u need to maximize your burst dmg, so u need max refraction and meld. It just takes practice. Meld is a hard skill to land. All there is to it.

SamVimes

I think a second point after maxed refraction is good if you're not getting blink, otherwise i would max meld every time.

Razzer

I realise this has probably been asked before but I couldn't find where it was said so could anyone suggest a good gaming mouse? Anything in the £30-60 or £60-100 price range would be best.

Zeth

10 game win-streak - Just posting this here to ensure that I lose the next one.
Anyone want to look and laugh at my first 40 MM games? http://dotabuff.com/players/5737295
I've only recently started playing real matches since finding a few people to queue with. The pub atmosphere had deterred me from MM for months, I would just play hundreds of bot matches and spectate pro stuff. I need to play MM more, instead of just toying with different heroes w/ bots when I have free time. I'm hoping to get some teams that have even a basic understanding of the game soon.

I realise this has probably been asked before but I couldn't find where it was said so could anyone suggest a good gaming mouse? Anything in the £30-60 or £60-100 price range would be best.

I've been using a Razer Deathadder for a while and really like it

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Out of my last 21 games only three have been losses. This is not the Dota I know.

Also two of said losses were with my top 2 heroes! It's like backwards land!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom