• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Lol. I was just curious.

Plus, I'm an audiophile. I own headphones that cost more than $1000 so I don't need a shitty one to add to my collection. As it is, I already find it hard to justify spending $50 on the aether wings for Puck who is my favourite hero. So nope.

Kinda curious what do you think of the audio quality of Dota?

The bass rumble of the jugg healing ward wasn't something I figured out till I hooked up to subwoofers.

Troll thread was locked as it should've been. Nothing productive was going to come out of it. I am surprised thread making privilege wasn't revoked.
IDK, off topic is pretty easy to make troll threads, i guess everything gets filtered back to that drunk thread OT

ElyrionX

Kinda curious what do you think of the audio quality of Dota?

The bass rumble of the jugg healing ward wasn't something I figured out till I hooked up to subwoofers.

To be honest, I don't really notice it as most of the time I am too absorbed by the onscreen action. What I can say is that audio fidelity is generally of quite high quality and the sound mix is also pretty good.

On my audio setup, the separation amongst the various sound effects tend to be pretty clear and distinct though I did specifically prioritize this (on a musical level at least) when I bought my speakers and headphones.

M.D

http://dotabuff.com/matches/379189854

So, I played my first Spectre games last night..

We ended winning 5 vs 4 (for the other team), but they almost had us, it was the longest game I've ever played

What do you guys think about my item choices? It's pretty standard stuff, but my mind set is I basically wanted tons of HP and evasion (even tho they all ended up getting an MKB since the game went on for so long)

Looking back tho, now I realize I didn't have any big damage items. What damage items do you usually get on Spectre? I guess an MKB would've been good against the PA, but is something like a Daedalus a good idea?

I guess an AC would've been really good, considering all their damage was right click

Also, when do you usually use Haunt? Is it a good idea to use it at the start of a fight for more damage?

Usually one sided stomps are the worst thing to watch....

but damn that was a good game.

they executed their draft's strengths ingame amazingly well.

So who's really risen/dropped off in usage this patch (and I mean going from nothing to common and vice-versa)?

Off the top of my head:

-Lich (saw very minor usage prior to patch, but has absolutely exploded in picks/bans - much more of the latter)

-Venomancer (hadn't been used much at all for over a year)

-Batrider (ban/pick rate has dropped something like 40-50% from nearly 100%)

-Pugna (very, very rare previously)

-Luna (she hadn't been seen much since TI2, but her success rate in pro games in 6.79 has been pretty low so far, so she might fade into obscurity again)

-Invoker (rise from your grave - hadn't been seen at all in over a year)

-Wisp (dead for everyone but Fnatic)

Others too with less drastic changes. CM was trending before the patch but is even stronger now due to various changes - it's not unusual to see her as a second pick. Shadow Demon has made a bit of a comeback after having been dropped pretty much completely for awhile. Also for some teams, Bounty Hunter has moved into first pick/ban material, though he's always been a pretty solid pick, even when not being picked up as frequently.

When you can't kill a Venomancer with a hasted bat....game is done.

The odds on the match were INSANE. Based Goblak.

Also, sub 15-minute Bloodstone on Timbersaw.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
MLG prize pool is up to 100k.

Glad to see Dota's esports scene is actually self sustaining and profitable. :)

AHAHAHAHAH.

What a match. That last Alliance draft was pretty fucking greed in the early push though - didn't like that too much.

And while Rox isn't super good right now, the actual odds of that happening were probably more like 75-25 rather than 88-12.

obligatory trash rare pic dump huehue

dj209Kf.png

Shinypogs

I'm sad that Alliance lost but god damn those were some good games. Also fml I thought I'd have a normal sleep schedule once I stopped watching Broodwar and then sc2 proleague live but no, now I have to watch dota at all hours.

Zeth

Wait, was the Scythe headset recently in stock? I need to bookmark that link just in case.

I'd buy a scythe for $120 for sure.

BigAT

Is there a consensus on whether it's more valuable to sell a Lockless Luckbox or to open it first then sell the item inside?

Zeth

Question for Nvidia users: Can I use ShadowPlay to grab quick snippets from replays easily? I guess I should just install it and give it a shot.

Is there a consensus on whether it's more valuable to sell a Lockless Luckbox or to open it first then sell the item inside?

Yeah - not sure. Getting my luckboxes tomorrow. Really want Shadow Blade/Dagon, but I know if I open them I'll get two CK shields.

Zeth

I had a guy in a pub yesterday lecturing me that all supports should buy Scythe. This doesn't seem realistic unless I'm rich and the game is going extremely long. I was playing Windrunner. Of course this is coming from a Furion with an 16 min Midas. He also argued with me about whether my force was on cd (it was, I was spamming). Insufferable. How do people have these kind of balls? :(

Still. I guess I'd rather play with this guy than the non-english speaking, "SHET UP", creep auto attacking people. In the same game I laned with a Skele who auto'd every wave, even taking harass to mash on creeps with 100% hp. I took every single last hit - he was unfazed. The only thing he said all game was "SHET UP".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom