• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh lord how do you screw up Mirana ult? Like, I get the arrow is hard to land but she actually landed the arrows just fine. But she didn't skill her ult until 8 and she used it to set up a gank like once and used it to help us escape like never. We fucking needed it to initiate on fights and take out their fucking Sniper who was getting farmed as fuck and she never spoke and never fucking used her ult.

Boken

Banned
Oh lord how do you screw up Mirana ult? Like, I get the arrow is hard to land but she actually landed the arrows just fine. But she didn't skill her ult until 8 and she used it to set up a gank like once and used it to help us escape like never. We fucking needed it to initiate on fights and take out their fucking Sniper who was getting farmed as fuck and she never spoke and never fucking used her ult.

league of legends player

fiore

Banned
Players just don't get with the times. They don't do research. They just stick with the same mentality as when dota first started.

Vaporak

Why is 6.79 DK so bad.

I wouldn't say bad, but they've only got about an even W/L in the new patch which is a big drop from where they used to be. The new patch definitely seems to have crunched the "elo ratings" of the teams closer together, at least in china.

Pratfall

I really wish I liked Lions look and cosmetics better. He is by far one of my best heroes but he just kinda looks like a short dude.

GorillaJu

I try to avoid Lion because his slow movement speed and short range of Spike make him require really good positioning and timing and it's hard to get those when with a group of pubs. Jakiro is generally a safer bet for pubs - Lion often ends up feeding.

That said his recent buffs (most importantly hex range) make him much more viable.

All of those heroes (basically like all heroes in Dota) are fun in their own way. Lina and Sand King are both high-impact supports and can get a lot done in the early game, which is why they are generally more fun than say, a Crystal Maiden or Disruptor for a lot of people. Lina can blow single targets up instantly with her combo and Sand King can basically single-handedly win teamfights, especially once his blink dagger is online. Once you learn the shift-blink Sand King ultimate, you can really make a massive impact on the outcome of games.

Nature's Prophet can be boring if you play him as a pure farming jungle hero, which most seem to. You can take lots of different paths with the hero though. Midas is generally a good idea, especially if they have a late game carry to worry about, but you don't have to follow the standard shadowblade into DPS build. You can rush a mek and support your team early, you can get a dagon and play an early ganking role, but most importantly, don't just afk farm and leave your teammates to 4v5 for the whole early game. The best way I've found to play him is to save your ultimate in the early-mid game for teamfights or ganks and try and maintain a global presence as early as possible. You can show up to mid and help push the tower if the enemy mid is ganking, or support mid or another lane if they are struggling, you can really get a lot accomplished if you just come out of the jungle every once in a while; makes for a more effective teammate and a much more fun game for you as well.

Fair points. I know they are all strong heroes in the right hands, but I just don't like their feel. It's hard to describe. Some heroes are just more satisfying to play. Like the heroes I bolded. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMJSWKPYko

This video will make you pro sand king player

I was expecting a short, funny SK clip. Got a one and a half hour Dota 1 lesson instead.

Pratfall

Lion for me is so good for me in low level pubs because the enemy team always groups up to gang bang target no 1 and I can usually get 3 or 4 with the spikes. They do a ton of damage in early game and can totally swing a team fight. Also I blew up a PL today with finger of death and it was just the best.

Aaron

I try to avoid Lion because his slow movement speed and short range of Spike make him require really good positioning and timing and it's hard to get those when with a group of pubs. Jakiro is generally a safer bet for pubs - Lion often ends up feeding.

That said his recent buffs (most importantly hex range) make him much more viable.
You complain about Lion's slow movement, and choose Jakiro instead? What?

In my last game, the Jakiro blocked me twice from escaping death because he was too slow to get out of the damned way so maybe I'm a little biased against him, but that's one hero I won't touch due to his movement.

ElyrionX

$120. . . If you got money to burn. . .

Lol. I was just curious.

Plus, I'm an audiophile. I own headphones that cost more than $1000 so I don't need a shitty one to add to my collection. As it is, I already find it hard to justify spending $50 on the aether wings for Puck who is my favourite hero. So nope.

GorillaJu

You complain about Lion's slow movement, and choose Jakiro instead? What?

In my last game, the Jakiro blocked me twice from escaping death because he was too slow to get out of the damned way so maybe I'm a little biased against him, but that's one hero I won't touch due to his movement.

Read again. It's his short range of Spike in combination with the slow speed. Jakiro has very long range and can stay in safe positions without lowering his effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom