• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

Ok, so I'll stick to jungling but maybe I can pop into lane on and off. What items do you start with? I started with a Basilius and a Clarity.

i guess the normal first items in pubs are either urn or midas (with midas always backfiring :lol )
so gloves and clarities if you're going midas, and whatever+clarities if you're going boots into urn
i don't really feel the necessity of basi with timed creeps, so only get that if there is no one else in the team going for it

Whoever is controlling the camera at GD Studio right now is doing a shit job. Didn't even click the dead courier when I'm pretty sure it had a relic that would have completed a rapier for Xboct. That could have turned the game with how reckless VP was playing.

shira

Whoever is controlling the camera at GD Studio right now is doing a shit job. Didn't even click the dead courier when I'm pretty sure it had a relic that would have completed a rapier for Xboct. That could have turned the game with how reckless VP was playing.

I believe it's weppas

Nymerio

I wish there was something like the popouts for item pickups but for items that were on a killed courier or who snatched aegis/cheese. Sometimes it's really difficult to see, especially if the chat is filled with "xxx has won a price for yyy"

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I heard you can play that shit with a controller. Goodbye DOTA.

You certainly can. It's a console game.

I won't talk too much shit on Guardians of Middle Earth. I tried it on Xbox, enjoyed it slightly, but thought, "I'd like to try a good version of this game." Less than a week later I played Dota 2 for the first time. May never have done so otherwise.

Pratfall

Safe laned as Lion with an Antimage who went gloves of haste and tangos against a solo bristleback. I went to stack and pull and by the time I had pulled the first wave antimage was down to 1/4 health. I struggled trying to harass bristle and give him some room by with just gloves of haste the AM just got absolutely stomped in lane. I even salved and pooled him tangos. LOVE PEOPLE JUST WANTING TO BUY MIDAS!

Spookie

So after playing some of the worst Dota 2 in my entire life today Valve did this:

tornyitem.jpg
tornyitem2.jpg

Thanks guys.

bounchfx

GD studio heavily hinting that the big update will be a custom map creation kit or custom map support!

Can't wait, actual omg mode.

I hope so, that'd be amazing. I wonder how they would handle modding the map? Full map editor? asset replace? (aka make new trees, towers, etc). actually it would be really cool if I could make a new Tower to use in the game... that would be awesome!!

I hope they add a sc2-like editor where we can set up custom matches and events. basically make our own horde mode or tower defense maps aha.

basically I just want to see more creation tools for the players and see what they come up with.

Diretide tonight? whats the word?

Spookie

Just had a Shadow Shammy build radiance first. I am quite literally suffering from depression by playing this game. I want to go and drink a bottle of Vodka to forget today.

UPDATE #9:
PC Game Update Goes Live Nov 14

Thank you based EA for saving me from this game.

traveler

Not Wario
I appreciate the effort Valve is taking to get Diretide back in, but someone needs to let them know the Greeviling isn't worth it just in case they apply this lesson to the next holiday. Keep trucking on the regular stuff at Christmas or come up with a different mode altogether.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I appreciate the effort Valve is taking to get Diretide back in, but someone needs to let them know the Greeviling isn't worth it just in case they apply this lesson to the next holiday. Keep trucking on the regular stuff at Christmas or come up with a different mode altogether.

Personally all I'd really want is the snow map (please for the love of fuck don't leave this out).

traveler

Not Wario
Actually, if we are to dictate Valve's priorities- not that I think this is a good precedent for the future- I'd take the map making tools over everything else. Would love to have a crack at making a single player campaign with them.

It should be Frostivus this year, instead of that shitty mode.

Karakand

Just had a Shadow Shammy build radiance first. I am quite literally suffering from depression by playing this game. I want to go and drink a bottle of Vodka to forget today.

I wonder if it's cathartic to just play the game wrong. Like the zen of trolling.

It'll be a smart move on valve's part if they are working on map editing tools for release in this upcoming patch. WC3 wouldn't have been half the game it was without that toolset, and I'm not even talking about dota 1.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, if we are to dictate Valve's priorities- not that I think this is a good precedent for the future- I'd take the map making tools over everything else. Would love to have a crack at making a single player campaign with them.

It would totally beat Blizzard to the punch too. Get people making all kinds of maps before HotS comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom