• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Halberd on Timber is just to make him even more unkillable, which can be pretty fun.

My monitor should be here within the next few hours, let diretide commence!

G.ZZZ

Halberd on Timber isn't bad per say, but much more situational in my mind. If the game isn't going horribly shit and you can farm a Scythe, that's a way better option. Sheep > Disarm for a handful of reasons, Timber doesn't really need evasion due to reactive armor, and the more mana/mana regen you have on him the better.

This is actually a common misconception. Evasion is better the more armor you have. In general, the more high physical EHP you have, the better evasion is because it's a flat multiplier that stack on everything. I'll make a simple graph later to show how actually good are those in tandem, and how bad is vanguard with low armor.

This is actually a common misconception. Evasion is better the more armor you have. In general, the more high physical EHP you have, the better evasion is because it's a flat multiplier that stack on everything. I'll make a simple graph later to show how actually good are those in tandem, and how bad is vanguard with low armor.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm not discussing EHP. I'm saying he's tanky enough already that the evasion component from the Halberd is somewhat wasted making the Scythe with the better active anyway that much more cost effective.

G.ZZZ

If you play against Samarsky, report him. The dude has serious issues, if he stop playing it will be better for himself too. It's this guy here, pretty sad shit.

ksan

Why is Dark Seer's competitive win rate so low?

I heavily disagree with the sentiment that it's mostly because of the nerfs, we've seen low dark seer win rates post-patches before.
Instead, I would say that it's mostly that he is forced into compositions where he shouldn't be. He's still an amazing offlaner, and some drafters take the easy way out and say, ok we can offlane darkseer anyway, then they go on without any proper gameplan involving him.

I heavily disagree with the sentiment that it's mostly because of the nerfs, we've seen low dark seer win rates post-patches before.
Instead, I would say that it's mostly that he is forced into compositions where he shouldn't be. He's still an amazing offlaner, and some drafters take the easy way out and say, ok we can offlane darkseer anyway, then they go on without any proper gameplan involving him.

Except that his overall winrate has been steadily going down ever since 6.75. So it's not some isolated cases, it's a steady decline.

shira

Sing Sing got a webcam?! *dead*
SingSingIsMad.gif

Which rule is this?
ench_by_betawho-d6twq1s.jpg

I wanted to try playing Enchantress yesterday so I did a solo bot match. Micro is hard but Enchantress is a pretty fun hero. Her ult is awesome. The only thing is that I don't really like jungling. Can you lane her or is that frowned upon?

I guess the answer is that Outworld Devourer is unbeatable in low-level pub games.

The fact that I have a 60% win rate with OD is a testament to this.

Haha, someone posted the same thing on reddit:

http://imgur.com/0PCKPxB

JustinBB7

Gaf slow and crashing because of all the Diretide anticipation for tonight.

Hope it's fixed when it actually comes out though.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah you can lane Enchantress but it's kind of a waste since she jungles so well. Sort of like the inverse of Naix.

Yeah I think this is one of those subtle little understandings you start to pick up as you improve at the game. On the occasion that I select Lifestealer you usually get a lot of people assuming you're jungling or arguing that you should. My answer is usually something like "I'll be popping in and out." Seems to me that the most efficient safelane farm involves getting all the creepwave farm possible, intermittently hopping into the jungle for stacked camps or normal camps if the lane gets pushed out too far.

ksan

vp is finally starting to live up to the name of the team and the players
they've been playing pretty well lately

Yeah you can lane Enchantress but it's kind of a waste since she jungles so well. Sort of like the inverse of Naix.

Yeah I think this is one of those subtle little understandings you start to pick up as you improve at the game. On the occasion that I select Lifestealer you usually get a lot of people assuming you're jungling or arguing that you should. My answer is usually something like "I'll be popping in and out." Seems to me that the most efficient safelane farm involves getting all the creepwave farm possible, intermittently hopping into the jungle for stacked camps or normal camps if the lane gets pushed out too far.

Ok, so I'll stick to jungling but maybe I can pop into lane on and off. What items do you start with? I started with a Basilius and a Clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom