• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Solo queue? Probably Wisp.

Forgot about him. But Meepo is up there. I got blamed for because the team they were "4v5" because I was finishing Aghanims. Yet their Tiny was already fed to hell and back by 15 minutes and I finally got Agha online by 20.

Artanisix

Comes with the territory. The pub perception is that Meepo is a deadweight hero -- and a lot of the times, they're right, because Meepo requires significantly more effort to play than other heroes. Just need to shrug it off and keep playin' the meeps.

NBtoaster

They need to fix these bugs that have been in the game forever and irritate me

-Riki appears always visible to allies after respawning but before attacking
-Wards sometimes become untargetable
-You can sometimes target wards randomly even clicking nowhere near them
-When heros respawn their icon will briefly flash on the map where they died
-Necrolyte's beard very visibly clips through his chest
-The static version of Bristlebacks hero card uses an older version of the model with simpler textures
-The static version of Lone Druids hero card has a shorter beard
-The fish in Tidehunter's portrait clip through him

shira

-The static version of Bristlebacks hero card uses an older version of the model with simpler textures

Isn't there a flash before the horn sounds too

G.ZZZ

They should really fix Visage's familiars interactions with stuns too. They're annoying as hell, they should get stunned and they don't.

Hylian7

Combining the Meepo and bug talk, they need to fix the Caustic Finale Bug with Meepo! I died twice in one instance because of it the other day!

sixghost

Meepo has to be the hardest hero to play in solo queue. Maybe Medusa is harder. Maybe.

I've had some of my best Meepo games solo queueing. Every once in a while you get a support who actually understands how fed meepo can get if he's babysat and they stack jungle camps.

shira

Heroclix/Blink Daggers on the market, $30

nice little reddit post
360fx360f

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1qknqh/dota_2_heroclix_now_released/

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/wzk70674.html
Use 'BGGSANTA' code for 5% off

alternatives
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC70674#.UoQLZfmshcY
http://www.thewarstore.com/product88685.html
http://paizo.com/products/btpy91hz?HeroClix-DOTA-2-Dire-Starter-Set
http://www.potomacdist.com/detail.asp?itemid=dota2hcss
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p1046994.html

$99 on steam market
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Tidehunter Blink Dagger

I've had some of my best Meepo games solo queueing. Every once in a while you get a support who actually understands how fed meepo can get if he's babysat and they stack jungle camps.

But but but my 10 minute arcane boots.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Love Tide, but that Blink Dagger looks hella underwhelming in-game. It clips through the ground when he does anything except stand still.

Artanisix

It's kinda fugly TBH, don't care for it all that much. Nice for the novelty of having an actual ingame item as a cosmetic though, just nowhere near as cool as things like Manta, Shadowblade, Aghanim's Scepter, Dagon, etc.

Started playing DOTA about a week ago and have become very addicted to it. Playing single Draft pub games to get use to the mechanics and heroes. Really liking all parts of the game and finding it pretty competitive, which I love. Don't really have a favorite hero yet, I do think I liked ranged classes better than melee ones but it's hard to say which is more fun. Excellent game though especially for free lol.

I'm mixed on achievements. The game is overall much more serious/competitive than TF2, so if designed poorly they could ruin pubs for a long time (as in, worse than they already are due to achievement hunters doing goofy things rather than trying to win the game).

I mean you can see how awful it was in TF2 with achievement trading, idle servers, etc.

Kard8p3

Started playing DOTA about a week ago and have become very addicted to it. Playing single Draft pub games to get use to the mechanics and heroes. Really liking all parts of the game and finding it pretty competitive, which I love. Don't really have a favorite hero yet, I do think I liked ranged classes better than melee ones but it's hard to say which is more fun. Excellent game though especially for free lol.

Expect to put thousands of hours into it.

"At First"

ahaha, I just spent the last week and a half playing the same boring stalemate nonsense Halloween party mode map for 300+ times to get a stupid TF2 achievement (win 142 times!)

They never really got better
I just remember the medic cheves were shit compared to some of the later class updates.

Everyone just farmed them anyhow so whatever.

Anteo

I got a favorite hero, Crystal Maiden. She was the second hero I ever used (the first was DK). After a while you will find your favorite rol, as for me I like to play as a support but enjoy playing carry sometimes. Initiators are okay but still prefer to support most of the time.

I'm mixed on achievements. The game is overall much more serious/competitive than TF2, so if designed poorly they could ruin pubs for a long time (as in, worse than they already are due to achievement hunters doing goofy things rather than trying to win the game).

I mean you can see how awful it was in TF2 with achievement trading, idle servers, etc.

I think the best way to implement them would be: "Land at least 1 hook in 100 different matches", and make it so you need to win for it to count. It will make it harder for someone to just pick pudge and try lots of hooks, because only 1 will count towards the achievement and only if they win. Or it could go really bad

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My ideas for DOTA2 Cheevos: Hard Mode Edition

Meepo: Cast 5 Poofs on your main Meepo and Blink before the first Poof triggers
Invoker: Cast 6 Invoked spells on a single target within 8 seconds
Naga: Have you or someone on your team destroy a tower while Siren's Song is active and affecting at least 3 enemy heroes
Luna: Reach 1000 GPM
Windrunner: Attack a single hero 100 times in a single life
Linken's: Block a spell with Transfer Spellblock at most 0.5 seconds before it hits
Visage: Keep at least a single enemy hero stunned for at least 6 seconds without Abyssal Blade or Skull Basher
Axe: Get a Rampage while using Culling Blade to kill every hero
Nature's Prophet: Destroy or acquire every rune for the first 10 minutes of the game
Skywrath Mage: Win a game without attacking for 15 consecutive minutes at any point duing the game
Silencer: Steal 80 INT in single game
Morphling: Win a game with either Morph: Agility or Morph: Strength active permanently starting from 05:00 onwards
Treant: Get at least 60 last hits and 40 denies within the first 10 minutes of the game
Templar Assassin: Kill a target with 2 Melds back to back

ElyrionX

Started playing CM this week. She is truly hilarious. It's so easy to bully offlaners even when there are two of them around and the new Tranquils is made for her.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Haly, thats not how morph even works. The visage one is also stupid hard, you would have to resummon the birds mid stun lock to get to 6 seconds, or by an abysal blade.

And the treant one requires you to literally get every last hit in the first 10 minutes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Haly, thats not how morph even works. The visage one is also stupid hard, you would have to resummon the birds mid stun lock to get to 6 seconds, or by an abysal blade.

And the treant one requires you to literally get every last hit in the first 10 minutes.

It isn't? I mean, yes, it's not "auto-cast" like it was in DotA but I think my meaning is still pretty lear.

The Visage one is not much harder compared to the others in that list, it's just a matter of timing to maximize the time for each stun. If you're a Visage player you've probably already resummoned the Gargoyles to "refresh" them, this is just asking you to make the most of it. And I'd discount Abyssal's for that achievement anyway, but not Aghanim or Refresher.

At 10 minutes, about 75-ish creeps spawn on both sides (and reach each other), which means you need a success rate of 80% for last hits and 50% for denies. Hard, but not impossible and Treant is naturally suited to this. My deny record for Treant is 44, and this is wasn't expending any extra effort to get denies. If I built for it (QB, Stout), I could probably manage it in a few games depending on matchups.

I DID say "Hard Mode". And the great thing about these achievements is that if you can manage them you're probably contributing to your team's victory anyway (except for the SWM one which is throw city).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom