• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

The two new of heroes are cool and long overdue but the rest is quite anti-climatic. Valve and Bruno shouldn't have hyped it up so much.

Artanisix

The two new of heroes are cool and long overdue but the rest is quite anti-climatic. Valve and Bruno shouldn't have hyped it up so much.

Dunno about you, but I think coaching is a really cool feature. There are many times I wish I could just "play" alongside someone without actually playing, if you get my drift.

Anyone going to stream themselves checking out the patch on the test client? I'd like to see what the ui looks like.

I can but it's taking a significant amount of time for me to download the update =/

I like new Storm. I'm assuming he has the exact same voice since he still looks like he fits.

Other two spirits look awesome too. Sucks to be Tresdin I guess.

WOW.

I guess it will have been worth the wait.

And I did correctly predict crafting, but this is on another level with all the sockets and shit too.

Still want more broken down models. Hopefully new Storm, Ember, and Earth are ready soon if not immediately.

shira

So shira are you actually gonna buy the new CM ixmike set since it's being added?
idk, with the crafting there might be so many new things to buy and experiment with - big mistake on valve's part imho. Shoulda released the player stuff first - have people waste their money - then totally turn the market inside out.

I'm glad you can have 5 signatures on an item now.

Sibylus

Banned
tumblr_inline_ms1w4gDdZ91qz4rgp.gif

Zeknurn

Dunno about you, but I think coaching is a really cool feature. There are many times I wish I could just "play" alongside someone without actually playing, if you get my drift.

It's no doubt a good feature to have and it could be very useful for those that use it but I don't see it being something that a larger amount of the playerbase use. I play with two or three friends and it's something we'll never use since giving up a player for another random that won't listen isn't worth it.

Are you kidding? This totally fucks the market economy

Rarer items in Dota 2 are incredibly overpriced and if this bring them down considerably it's great. Hopefully they'll add recipes for all the rare couriers.

GorillaJu

The Ancient Scroll Case has a chance to drop an Exceptional Recipe. These make items that were previously only available as Genuine quality promotional items. The recipe creates a non-genuine version of the item.

Oh that's interesting indeed. Gonna have quite an effect on the market.

Ethereal Gems

Adds a particle effect to the item.
All unusual effects can now be colorized.

This as well, no? Though I guess there will still be uber-rare colors that will never be replicated.

shira

http://tf2b.com/updates/d2t
i6WsN85ebncl8.jpg

Red Jesus Knight
Eel added to Blink Dagger
Sing's Set changed to honored canoneer leel
All the pro sets got stupid names

And the WETA items added - I wonder who made them - looks like vanguard = axe
Demonshard doom = demonedge
Drow Monarch bow = butterfly?
axe statue item is just placeholder with singsing item

Throe EG courier and windrunner ward added