• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

I wonder what the Axe statue owners get.

Also Cyborgmatt are you ok? Much content.
So many baller items. Thunder Lizard added. Doom's pentagram sword. Crown of Omoz. So many things to buy. Too bad my PS4 shipped

shira

I wonder what the Axe statue owners get.

Also Cyborgmatt are you ok? Much content.
So many baller items. Thunder Lizard added. Doom's pentagram sword. Crown of Omoz. So many things to buy. Too bad my PS4 shipped

Yeah it says

WETA Placeholder 1 Axe -> Battery of the Crested Cannoneer
WETA Placeholder 2 Butterfly -> Monarch
WETA Placeholder 3 Demon Edge -> Demonshard
WETA Placeholder 4 Vanguard Shield -> Vanguard Shield
That aint right

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wow. Ember spirit really sets a new bar for hero models/animations/abilities. Much higher quality than pretty much everything else in the game. Valve keeps this up and they'll have to constantly remake every old hero lol.

sephi22

The bow and Axe shield look great. The Doom demon edge looks like a copout. I wish I had ordered a Bfly instead of another Axe statue

Ketch

I don't understand Earth Spirit. What is his combo? what does he do?

I guess initiator? Roll in, knock away the scary guy, pull the squishy guy towards you? But why do his clones seem so much more useless then the other spirit's clones?

shira

The bow and Axe shield look great. The Doom demon edge looks like a copout. I wish I had ordered a Bfly instead of another Axe statue

The bow looks kinda plain

VMroHLkh.jpg

lol purchase&equip sets on the picking screen. . .

Trasher

Liked the prior SS design much better. =/

You can tell that they just tried to make him look "cooler". Instead of a fat gut they gave him a turtle shell to take up that space? lol

Okay some thoughts:

Storm Spirit is worse (in terms of play, the upgraded model is really nice). His attack animation changed and it's much more sluggish, akin to Lina's. Really, really shitty.

Earth Spirit: This guy will be top tier. His skill cap seems exceptionally high as well. Between life grip, rolling over terrain (destroys trees though), etc. All his skills have a multiple insanely good uses. And as an initiator? He can come from over a screen away very fast just with his skills. Will probably fill a similar role to Timbersaw or ET - preferably mid or offlane, but he might work as support too.

Ember Spirit: Oh my god does this guy look awesome. Will be very hard to top the default kit with cosmetics. His movement feels very floaty though. Not sure where you put him, probably mid or as the farmer in a dual lane (possibly tri). He's not really a hard carry though - more along the lines of a Juggernaut at best. Searing Chains seems a little underwhelming, but I didn't get the chance to use it in realistic scenario - it does interrupt channels though which is great. Sleight of Fist is like a AoE targeted mini Jugg ult - really, really fun, and the 6 second cooldown gets kind of ridiculous. Tons of great uses for it especially since it returns you to your starting position. At level 4 Flame Guard is kind of like a free Radiance, though I'd probably max it last in most cases unless being more defensive/farming - very, very good spell though. Fire Remnant is neat - more about positioning than damage. Will be great for Rosh standoffs or T3 tower fights - great at zoning due to the threat of Ember jumping in. Will also make for some sick escapes/chases.

HYPE!

Hylian7

Yeah, I pretty much see Earth Spirit as mid or offlane and pretty much agree on Ember Spirit. Also, does Ember Spirit have jungling potential with that shield? I have yet to try it, but I wonder if it's doable.

Nirvana

Already found an exploit with Earth Spirit. You can use his Q to kick ancients up onto the cliff on Dire side and they wont attack you. Not the biggest exploit considering the minor xp/gold you get from it, but could be something useful you could do in the offlane. I guess. Also I can't wait to see videos of ancients being kicked into people on the low ground and killing them haha.

Edit: You might also be able to aggro Rosh with them. Going to test it now.

Hylian7

I'm going out of town tomorrow but will be back Monday, come Monday, IT'S TIME TO SMACK SOME STATUES AT PEOPLE!

I really want to get good at Earth Spirit, seems like such a fun hero.

Ember Spirit is really awesome too.

Kreunt

Banned
I hope Earth Spirit isn't going to be as annoying as I think he might be.
Please don't be Monkey King all over again.

Edit: watched some ES stream, looks great.
the new cinematic camera stuff is cool too.

Artanisix

Awesome awesome awesome update. Really excited to start playing actual games and learn how to properly play Earth Spirit. Seems like an extremely high skill-cap hero. Chatted with n0b for a bit, necrobook seems really good on the hero as it essentially functions as extra rocks for knock backs and grips and synergizes well with your spells. Ember is badass and extremely intuitive to use, will be playing him more.

Hylian7

Tested Rubick interactions with the new heroes.

Ember

Everything works like you would expect it to. Stealing Fire Remmant or the sub ability that lets you return to them gets you both the main ability and sub ability, and yes, they are fire Rubicks like the Storm remnants.

Earth

You can steal Stone Remnant, and your Stone Remnants will stay for the duration even if you lose the spell, steal something else, die, or whatever. You can use his other spells with the Stone Remmants just like Earth Spirit does.

The Stone Remnants for Rubick are the same model, but smaller.

I really love that they changed them from just being "rocks" to something much more interesting.

IceMarker

Tested Rubick interactions with the new heroes.

Ember

Everything works like you would expect it to. Stealing Fire Remmant or the sub ability that lets you return to them gets you both the main ability and sub ability, and yes, they are fire Rubicks like the Storm remnants.

Earth

You can steal Stone Remnant, and your Stone Remnants will stay for the duration even if you lose the spell, steal something else, die, or whatever. You can use his other spells with the Stone Remmants just like Earth Spirit does.

The Stone Remnants for Rubick are the same model, but smaller.

I really love that they changed them from just being "rocks" to something much more interesting.
Just remember, the more heroes they add, the stronger Rubick gets!

Ianan

Okay some thoughts:

Storm Spirit is worse (in terms of play, the upgraded model is really nice). His attack animation changed and it's much more sluggish, akin to Lina's. Really, really shitty.

Earth Spirit: This guy will be top tier. His skill cap seems exceptionally high as well. Between life grip, rolling over terrain (destroys trees though), etc. All his skills have a multiple insanely good uses. And as an initiator? He can come from over a screen away very fast just with his skills. Will probably fill a similar role to Timbersaw or ET - preferably mid or offlane, but he might work as support too.

Ember Spirit: Oh my god does this guy look awesome. Will be very hard to top the default kit with cosmetics. His movement feels very floaty though. Not sure where you put him, probably mid or as the farmer in a dual lane (possibly tri). He's not really a hard carry though - more along the lines of a Juggernaut at best. Searing Chains seems a little underwhelming, but I didn't get the chance to use it in realistic scenario - it does interrupt channels though which is great. Sleight of Fist is like a AoE targeted mini Jugg ult - really, really fun, and the 6 second cooldown gets kind of ridiculous. Tons of great uses for it especially since it returns you to your starting position. At level 4 Flame Guard is kind of like a free Radiance, though I'd probably max it last in most cases unless being more defensive/farming - very, very good spell though. Fire Remnant is neat - more about positioning than damage. Will be great for Rosh standoffs or T3 tower fights - great at zoning due to the threat of Ember jumping in. Will also make for some sick escapes/chases.

HYPE!

Honestly I've just been playing a game as Storm Spirit and it barely feels any different, nothing dramatic anyway imo.

Ketch

So I did a little reading up on Earth Spirit. It seems he's a mid/offlane early roamer with good gank potential and then mid to late game initiator (once you get a bkb).

combo goes: Drop a rock behind your target, use grip to pull the rock to you, which causes 125 damage and 1 sec stun if it hits (at lvl1). While the rock is travelling, start to roll into the enemy. So you roll over the rock hitting the enemy causing another 90 damage and 80% move and attack speed slow (lvl 1 again). Now kick the enemy back towards your teammate/tower to secure the kill.

When initiating in the mid or late game: you'd want to roll in (over a rock), bkb, ulti, and then drop rocks in the group to refresh the ulti timer... I guess even though the rocks explode from your ulti they last long enough to be used in your abilities... and the roll has only got a 4 second cool down... and did I mention it's 80% move and atk speed slow!

Items would be something like: mana boots or soul ring and treads, urn, bkb, and maybe orchid or rod of atos or shiva for late game. He's probably a good mech carrier, good int stat for a str hero apparently, and maybe you'll be able to afford it soon from early ganks.

elyetis

Cyborgmatt shouldn't have hyped me; patch isn't bad sure, but it really only come close to the most conservative predictions ( heck I would say LC + spirits was conservative ).

shira

Tobi's in Busan
1422502_616139205098403_1545284770_n.jpg

529509_616139221765068_1793098321_n.jpg

67024_616139258431731_1470854331_n.jpg

Wooo korean cosplay. I expect good things

What's the point of buying this expesive-ass WETA shit when these items can be crafted?

wut? Genunine and Immortals should stay as such only limited amounts and via in-game code/valve duplicates
or whatever the new designations are
Item Quality Keywords
The item quality keyword "Vintage" has been changed to "Elder".
The item quality keyword "Tournament" has been changed to "Heroic".
The item quality keyword "Haunted" has been changed to "Cursed".
The item quality keyword "Strange" has been changed to "Inscribed".

sephi22

wut? Genunine and Immortals should stay as such only limited amounts and via in-game code/valve duplicates
Immortals are fine.

Genuine:
"The Ancient Scroll Case" has a chance to drop an Exceptional Recipe. These make items that were previously only available as Genuine quality promotional items. The recipe creates a non-genuine version of the item.

Sure, your crafted Vanguard will only be called Vanguard and not a Genuine Vanguard. But who gives a fuck if there will be more than 500 of them now.

shira

Immortals are fine.

Genuine:
"The Ancient Scroll Case" has a chance to drop an Exceptional Recipe. These make items that were previously only available as Genuine quality promotional items. The recipe creates a non-genuine version of the item.

Sure, your crafted Vanguard will only be called Vanguard and not a Genuine Vanguard. But who gives a fuck if there will be more than 500 of them now.

Well for selling purposes a Genuine will always proc more $$$.

It's a balance for people who don't live in the US or have easy access to the Valve Store

And Exceptional Recipes will be worth as much as the most expensive Genuine item. Calm your tits. They could even rename the WETA stuff Genuine/Elder/Vintage like the timebreakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom