• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

Gotta love getting reported for playing Diretide Competively. I wish they never said you could get rare items form defeating Roshan cause its turned Diretide into a bore where no one fights and everyone wants to stand around for twenty minutes.

OTOH, if the teams have already decided to work together don't be an asshole and kill the other team. At least say something or object. Betrayal sucks.

OTOH, if the teams have already decided to work together don't be an asshole and kill the other team. At least say something or object. Betrayal sucks.

I tell them I'm actually playing right and not wasting my time. Last year was fun, now its boring as hell as people just stand around. Might as well just stay in the base.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gotta love getting reported for playing Diretide Competively. I wish they never said you could get rare items form defeating Roshan cause its turned Diretide into a bore where no one fights and everyone wants to stand around for twenty minutes.

You don't even get a rare item. This is the entirety of the loot list:
"diretide_prizes_phase1"
{
"Exort Essence" "1"
"Wex Essence" "1"
"Quas Essence" "1"
"Recipe: Materialize Item" "1"
}
"diretide_prizes_phase2"
{
"Exort Essence" "1"
"Wex Essence" "1"
"Quas Essence" "1"
"Recipe: Materialize Item" "1"
}
"diretide_prizes_phase2_special"
{
"Recipe: Materialize Item " "1"
"Shadow Essence" "1"
}
Thats it. Essences and recipes.

TGMIII

Wagga is on stream getting 600 fed kills on pudge with 5 butterflys. . . I don't think I'm winning one

Wagas' stack won't ever get it. They keep fucking it up and waga has only just figured out that he should be getting a heart+butterfly+BF on pudge to farm the fountain. They also keep wasting time coming up with ideas that don't work despite the fact that people are telling him this.

Go watch the current leaders do it, they're miles ahead at every stage.

Also, if anyone is up for creating a 10stack to try the record let me know.

shira

Wagas' stack won't ever get it. They keep fucking it up and waga has only just figured out that he should be getting a heart+butterfly+BF on pudge to farm the fountain. They also keep wasting time coming up with ideas that don't work despite the fact that people are telling him this.

Go watch the current leaders do it, they're miles ahead at every stage.

Also, if anyone is up for creating a 10stack to try the record let me know.

no heart . . .

SamVimes

I tried one game of diretide solo queue and suddenly i was in tryhard land to try to abuse the rosh. Too bad the game bugged after the second phase and we couldn't complete it.

TGMIII

no heart . . .

Another record was set while I was typing that, the team before that had a heart but I guess you don't need it if you're quick enough.

Point still stands that the waga stack are still trying to theorycraft things that don't work. Who knows, maybe they'll come up with something that works eventually.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What would be nice is if Valve change the winning requirement every few days, and also had a leader board that would give like the top 50 groups a prize.

Shinypogs

Half the time I just give up on my team and farm candies by myself. I cannot keep up with these pseudo alliances and no one ever really wants to work together. I'll prob just grind essences and work on trying out new heroes. This is supposed to be for fun dammit.

shira

Another record was set while I was typing that, the team before that had a heart but I guess you don't need it if you're quick enough.

Point still stands that the waga stack are still trying to theorycraft things that don't work. Who knows, maybe they'll come up with something that works eventually.

Level 19 , this is crazy

Yeah the core seems to be pudge tank, troll and venge and mag for extra damage
with ss/lion disable
I'm surprised the tinker/rearm/dagon isn't more effective

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Extra Extra, read all about it. Platinum Baby Roshan is currently a normal Legendary Drop!
Code:
		"legendary_drops"
		{
			"Blotto and Stick"		"1"
			"Mok"		"1"
			"Platinum Baby Roshan"		"1"
			"Waldi the Faithful"		"1"
		}

TGMIII

Level 19 , this is crazy

Yeah the core seems to be pudge tank, troll and venge and mag for extra damage
with ss/lion disable
I'm surprised the tinker/rearm/dagon isn't more effective

Current record has something to do with pudge cleaving to rosh through autoattacking tiny.

EDIT: 29 is the new record.

Extra Extra, read all about it. Platinum Baby Roshan is currently a normal Legendary Drop!

Apparently someone got one through crafting.

shira

What would be nice is if Valve change the winning requirement every few days, and also had a leader board that would give like the top 50 groups a prize.

Code:
		"legendary_drops"
		{
			"Blotto and Stick"		"1"
			"Mok"		"1"
		}
LOL, they worthless - unless some completionist really wants to see CYCLE X on their rosh

Current record has something to do with pudge cleaving to rosh through autoattacking tiny.

yeah tinker is too useful with dagon 5

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Apparently someone got one through crafting.

Because crafting the diretide scrolls just gives you a random drop
Code:
		"diretide_items"
		{
			"dota2_timed_drops_lvl6"		"1"
		}

"dota2_timed_drops_lvl6"
		{
			"common_drops"		"1"
			"uncommon_drops"		"1"
			"rare_drops"		"1"
			"mythical_drops"		"1"
			"legendary_drops"		"1"
			"arcana_drops"		"1"
			"additional_drop"
			{
				"chance"		"0.400000"
				"premium_only"		"0"
				"loot_list"		"crafting_recipes_lvl6"
			}
		}

LOL, they worthless - unless some completionist really wants to see CYCLE X on their rosh
Schema says you still get a Golden Roshan.

Also, got a confirmation on reddit for some speculation of mine earlier. The Exceptional Item recipe (The one you have a 1/4 chance of getting out of a Scroll Chest) tells you what item it will make, unlike most other scrolls which just make a random item.

Satch

Banned
what are you guys getting on Earth Spirit?

so far, my builds have all included Arcane Boots, Heart of Terrasque, Urn of Shadows, and Eye of Skadi by the end of the game, but ive still got space for two more items (or one i guess because of needing TP), and could probably stand to replace urn of shadows... i noticed in the late game that his damage gets to be really terrible, so to mitigate that ive thought about getting Crystalys and/or MKB. i kinda want to try lifesteal as well, but i dont know if it's worth it. any thoughts?

sorry for spamming my love of ES but man hes made me really enthusiastic about playing the game again, and trying to figure him out has been an absolute blast. its the first time ive been around for the release of a hero :D

Code:
		"legendary_drops"
		{
			"Blotto and Stick"		"1"
			"Mok"		"1"
		}
King Golden Rosh reigns supreme. Enjoy your electroplated platinum roshan's, plebs!

what are you guys getting on Earth Spirit?

so far, my builds have all included Arcane Boots, Heart of Terrasque, Urn of Shadows, and Eye of Skadi by the end of the game, but ive still got space for two more items (or one i guess because of needing TP), and could probably stand to replace urn of shadows... i noticed in the late game that his damage gets to be really terrible, so to mitigate that ive thought about getting Crystalys and/or MKB. i kinda want to try lifesteal as well, but i dont know if it's worth it. any thoughts?

sorry for spamming my love of ES but man hes made me really enthusiastic about playing the game again, and trying to figure him out has been an absolute blast. its the first time ive been around for the release of a hero :D
Mek is pretty core on him if you're playing him as support. Unless someone else is buying it.

On a side note, I really like his push/pull mechanic. It's really good for saving lane mates assess. And that silence just lasts for-fucking-ever.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Join Diretide game.

All the Russians scream NO PVP, CO OP, spend the entire game swapping candy for exp, vow to empty all buckets by 16 minutes to tie the game them make a glorious Roshan attempt.

Then without fail. Without fucking fail. Some idiot on either team will make a mad dash to fill his team's bucket at the end. Has happened 100% of the time. I'm getting real sick of these "co-op" games. Nobody wants to play the mode, everybody wants to just level up for Rosh fight and one Russian idiot will grief the other team.

Sick of this.

Kreunt

Banned
how do i get a shadow essence?

also, i was going to strip the gems off my llama llama and put them on shagbark, but it says it destroys the courier when you do it :S fuck that.

PSA - If you have a Felicity's Blessing courier, the grass trail now appears in the color specified on your courier.

One of mine, for example purposes:

ow1c.jpg

how do i get a shadow essence?

It drops just like the red, blue and yellow gems do. It's just a very rare drop compared to those. I played a lot of DireTide last year and never got one to drop. I settled for trading to get one.

G.ZZZ

There's too much anger between our brethen gaffer players, we shall all follow 1.09 example and clear our heart of every emotion while at the same time achieving a whole new level of skill :dotanirvana:

buddha2.jpg

GorillaJu

Both new heroes' win rates are atrocious according to dotabuff lol

Well I'm currently in a game with a guy who insta locked Ember and went mid solo. He currently has bottle and brown boots at 19 minutes.

Me: Well this game is a joke, Ember has no idea how to play his hero.
Ember: true dat

Kreunt

Banned
annnnd I'm done with diretide :p

Trying to learn invoker as an aside. http://www.invokergame.com/

ITS TOO HARD

quas ex invoker is pretty easy to learn.
once you get your tornado > meteor > deafening blast combo down pat you start feeling stronk

Cold Snap, Sun Strike, EMP and Deafening Blast are all really easy to remember because they're simple invoke cominations

as for the others, personally i find it easier to remember the patterns my fingers make rather than what the spell actually consists of.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The Featherfall and Nightsilver sets are both back on the Dota 2 Store! I was real close to paying some dorks a lot of money for those!

Storm's one missing sleeve really bothers me. It makes him look lopsided or something and seems pretty pointless.

Having all the items on the ship feels a lot better, they should keep them all there, they don't seem to be hurting anything and offer a fair base price for everything for nothing that used to be fairly common like the Owlion jumps to 50 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom