• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

So during Diretide some guy kept insisting everyone attack the bucket of candy but not pick it up to farm or something, was he right or full of shit?

shira

BZFT1XCCIAIquee.jpg:large

Is that girl on the right with the blue supposed to be Chen? Because I think I wanna play Chen now GOTDAm

I think so, Deathprophet - Kunkka? Chen

Might be LOL Boken?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Generally heroes with high mobility and high burst damage. Like Morphling, QoP, Puck. That's because these are the type of heroes who can hit the treats a few times, get the treats and blink/morph out over the cliff. The burst damage doesn't matter much in the initial mode but in the sugar rush mode when you face Roshan you basically just stack up on E Blades and Dagons nuke Roshan down. People have been saying that physical damage is more effective now but E Blade + Dagon 5 still does a shit ton of damage. Mobility also helps when it comes to evading Roshan's attacks.

Other heroes are good at being defensive which include Undying, Twin Headed Dragon who can just camp the treats and protect it well enough. Tinker is beast in both once he gets Blink, Dagon and E Blade as well. He can just March near the pots for defense and against Roshan just burst him down.
You need a real lineup and people who dont die to Roshan. Main thing is you need to stack the fuck out of minus armor, I've seen Rosh at like 60 or 80 armor.

traveler

Not Wario
This is actually a pretty good idea.

All of the games I've played with Skywrath have gone to lvl 4 Rosh with absolutely no coordination/cooperation whatsoever while my none aghs skywrath games just went to lvl 2 at best. Just bought a bloodstone and a scythe at Rosh and relied on the auto refreshes. If I could get a team to work together, I'm pretty sure it'd deal some crazy damage. None of the replays I've seen with Skywrath have him go aghs + bs because you'd need a ton of charges to be able to drop reliably, but I think setup properly it could compete.

on that note, what items give the greatest amount of mana? I was thinking I'd go aghs, bstone, then maybe 4 skadis? Or would scythe be better? Could also partner up with OD to proc essence aura to victory.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Generally heroes with high mobility and high burst damage. Like Morphling, QoP, Puck. That's because these are the type of heroes who can hit the treats a few times, get the treats and blink/morph out over the cliff. The burst damage doesn't matter much in the initial mode but in the sugar rush mode when you face Roshan you basically just stack up on E Blades and Dagons nuke Roshan down. People have been saying that physical damage is more effective now but E Blade + Dagon 5 still does a shit ton of damage. Mobility also helps when it comes to evading Roshan's attacks.

Other heroes are good at being defensive which include Undying, Twin Headed Dragon who can just camp the treats and protect it well enough. Tinker is beast in both once he gets Blink, Dagon and E Blade as well. He can just March near the pots for defense and against Roshan just burst him down.
You need a real lineup and people who dont die to Roshan. Main thing is you need to stack the fuck out of minus armor, I've seen Rosh at like 60 or 80 armor.

People don't have a fucking clue how to Diretide jesus

KITE ROSHAN UNTIL HE GETS CLOSE AND ASKS FOR CANDY THEN TP AWAY run down the clock DON'T JUST GIVE IT TO HIM IMMEDIATELY AAAARRRGGGGHHHH

shira

People don't have a fucking clue how to Diretide jesus

KITE ROSHAN UNTIL HE GETS CLOSE AND ASKS FOR CANDY THEN TP AWAY run down the clock DON'T JUST GIVE IT TO HIM IMMEDIATELY AAAARRRGGGGHHHH

You think that's bad idiots in trench attack the other team

Hylian7

i wish people would stop playing riki

hes a waste of a spot on the team
He's a dewarder!

And a carry on the side.

Seriously though, the hero isn't bad, but annoying in the lower brackets where people think invisibility = invincibility, failing to realize that it only takes one of a few items to spot him sneaking around your team. Then be goes against a team of people who all buy detection and doesn't expect it. To play Riki you have to learn to predict detection, or deal with it and fight with your team.

Satch

Banned
to everybody that was talking shit about earth spirits ult

man

youre wrong

youre just

the words you were using are false

Shinypogs

People take diretide way too seriously, it's taken all of two games for me to hate this mode. I have never seen people as pissed off as when someone costs the team a piece of candy.

Lotto

Both of these heroes are super fun. Kaolin actually surprised me at how fun he is, honestly wasn't expecting much from just reading his skills but Valve did such a good job with his animations/effects. I really like how all the spirits are kind of skill intensive/combo-ey, makes things a lot more satisfying when you actually pull off one of them without being interrupted.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Ember Spirit seems pretty hype.

Earth Spirit seems like a cool hero too, but really high skill cap. I feel like I'm playing him entirely wrong lol. I understand kicking statues though, and hey, that's always dope.

Dahbomb

It's fun when both sides work together to try and get the rosh record, but that's rare.
Yea the Rosh killing is the most fun part. Its like taking on a giant MMO boss or something. Too bad everyone just builds E Blade Dagon with some players making Orchid/Veil for extra damage so the fight isn't interesting as it could be.

I hope they release that custom map toolset soon.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Whilst playing Diretide I leveled up and got a rare CM staff and then the next game I randomly got Morcant. Never got back to back rares before. Felt good. I think I'm at my rare quota for the rest of 2013 now unfortunately. :(

I'm really liking Diretide cause it's lightweight dumb fun, but I'm regretting that I'm not getting any Kaolin practice in actual games yet.

Do I really need a 5 stack to just actually play diretide?
No, have fun with the stack of Russians and losing 0 to 125 like me, cause that shit don't matter.

Speaking of Diretide has anybody noticed the blue essences being WAY more rare than the red and yellow? I have a huge pile of recipes and yellow but no red and blue at the moment and I only see 1-2 blues drop per game. It's really annoying.

Gotta love getting reported for playing Diretide Competively. I wish they never said you could get rare items form defeating Roshan cause its turned Diretide into a bore where no one fights and everyone wants to stand around for twenty minutes.

Hylian7

to everybody that was talking shit about earth spirits ult

man

youre wrong

youre just

the words you were using are false
Yeah, a lot of people don't understand it.

Remember that this refreshes EVERY TIME AN AFFECTED HERO GOES NEAR A STONE REMNANT! This means you can keep this up for a very long time, like an entire team fight! On top of that, all magnetized heroes share the silence from Boulder Smash with a remnant. If you play your cards right (and with a bit of luck), you can basically become a Venomancer and Silencer all in one with this ult.

I look forward to playing this hero in real games when I get back in town Monday. This was easily my second most hyped missing hero from Dota 1 (the first is Zet, the Arc Warden, I'm on a kick for micro heroes lately)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom