• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBtoaster

Went 3-6 in my first real Earth Spirit game. He has so many possible combos, and it's difficult to remember what skills do damage and are best for the situation. He also seems to have no real way of farming creeps. And I was put with an uncommunicative stack which didn't help, though we still won.

Got a Blink on him because I though it would make positioning for bolder smash easier, but he has so many skills to use and other buttons to press I almost never used it.

Still want to try him more, when you do get kills its hilarious.

GorillaJu

Maybe Im dumb but wouldnt someone like a mega farmed Phantom Assassin (with reduce armor skills) be best for Roshan?

Something like

Venge
Alch
Slar
PA
Dazzle

Would be interesting but the problem is that unless Valve decides to do a hotfix, feeding Pudge is the best way to go about it.

Everything is back on the store

Also not having individual items for sale from the new sets is stupid... the vast majority of my purchases were impulse 99-1.99 pieces from various sets.

I do appreciate the awesome 3.99 Earthshaker set. Love it!

Razzer

Something like

Venge
Alch
Slar
PA
Dazzle

Would be interesting but the problem is that unless Valve decides to do a hotfix, feeding Pudge is the best way to go about it.

Seeing as you can have 10 heroes for it maybe get a troll and ogre magi to maximise her attack speed etc. There is other stuff I'm sure.

Does anyone know if Trail of Amanita is affected by the color change?

I like the effect... but grey mushrooms? They look like colorless versions of the poop you find in Binding of Isaac.

Zoon

Anyone got issues with DT rewards?
I got two essences but they are not in my inventory.Is there a limit or something?
EDIT: Also the games don't appear at most-recent games tab

ViviOggi

Anyone got issues with DT rewards?
I got two essences but they are not in my inventory.Is there a limit or something?
EDIT: Also the games don't appear at most-recent games tab

Server hiccup most likely. The stuff might appear in a few minutes.

KingKong

So how many people got a Diretide recipe?

I played 3 games and had 1 drop, and I have the essences to craft it but I'm not sure if it's worth getting a (most likely) crappy common or uncommon if I could sell the recipe for a couple of bucks on the marketplace once it's up

Portrait mode is awesome. Can't wait to watch some goofy streamer, singsing probably, play an entire completely from it.

So how many people got a Diretide recipe?

I played 3 games and had 1 drop, and I have the essences to craft it but I'm not sure if it's worth getting a (most likely) crappy common or uncommon if I could sell the recipe for a couple of bucks on the marketplace once it's up
they won't be going for a couple bucks

try 30 cents

GorillaJu

Seeing as you can have 10 heroes for it maybe get a troll and ogre magi to maximise her attack speed etc. There is other stuff I'm sure.

Do auras and shit suddenly affect everyone, regardless of side in raid boss mode? I figured you'd still only get 4 people's buffs because you can't buff dire if you're radiant, etc.

I have had two games where I got to pick ember and both times someone early abandoned. So sad.

Razzer

Do auras and shit suddenly affect everyone, regardless of side in raid boss mode? I figured you'd still only get 4 people's buffs because you can't buff dire if you're radiant, etc.

Well have the auras that reduce roshes stats be on the other team and the ones who buff PA be on her team.

Can you feed a Silencer a bunch of int for the pure damage? Like with Pudge and flesh heap. (Although I don't know maybe silencer can't steal any more int after the other team runs out.)

Forkball

I haven't played in over a month, I feel so out of it. I guess I should jump back in though, but I need to read the 6.79 updates. What are some heroes worth playing again after that patch hit?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
oh man that's my cue to go read some hilarious dota 2 dev board bitching

Someone a couple pages back was considering cashing out his Owlion too. I wonder if he did, cause that thing just dropped more than half its value.

Can't say I feel bad for anybody tho. All this speculation on digital items rubs me the wrong way.
FUCKING hell I shouldn't have been so greedy
Never mind, think I found him!

Earth Spirit is very good at Diretide. Can lock down candy stealers with stuns and silence, has a great escape mechanism in roll (drop a rock at their candy and use it to escape, you can clear the river), can grab allies away from the candy if they're in trouble, can push enemies away from defending their candy. He does serious damage with everyone all bunched up. He's got nice bulk too.

Trouble I guess, is that he's terrible at actually killing Rosh (he can only right click him). I consider that such a minor part of Diretide, but I know most people consider it the only reason to play...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Earth Spirit is very good at Diretide. Can lock down candy stealers with stuns and silence, has a great escape mechanism in roll (drop a rock at their candy and use it to escape, you can clear the river), can grab allies away from the candy if they're in trouble, can push enemies away from defending their candy. He does serious damage with everyone all bunched up. He's got nice bulk too.

Trouble I guess, is that he's terrible at actually killing Rosh (he can only right click him). I consider that such a minor part of Diretide, but I know most people consider it the only reason to play...

Storm Spirit is fucking awesome at Diretide since you get so much fast gold for Bloodstone and Hex. The only reason my friends and I got our asses kicked in a match yesterday was that we forgot how experience gain worked in the mode and spent the first two minutes protecting our bucket

I'll buy it
in an indie bundle.

p0GHyQW.jpg

20 1

All random and Single draft it is then. According to Dotabuff, having either Spirit in your team basically seals your fate. I'll have to sit the time period out in which baddies shit up pubs with new high skill capped heroes until exclusively people with skill pick them up. Kinda like with Elder Titan. His win% went through the roof when after a few weeks picked merely by those who knew he was OP.

Artanisix

All random and Single draft it is then. According to Dotabuff, having either Spirit in your team basically seals your fate. I'll have to sit the time period out in which baddies shit up pubs with new high skill capped heroes until exclusively people with skill pick them up. Kinda like with Elder Titan. His win% went through the roof when after a few weeks picked merely by those who knew he was OP.

>_>

But you do know that both of these heroes take practice to play well, right? Particularly Earth Spirit. He's completely new to even most Dota 1 vets. I was sluggin' it out yesterday with him and only have a decent grasp of playing him. You'll be waiting a long time if you refuse to play AP while the community "learns" the hero.

>_>

But you do know that both of these heroes take practice to play well, right? Particularly Earth Spirit. He's completely new to even most Dota 1 vets. I was sluggin' it out yesterday with him and only have a decent grasp of playing him. You'll be waiting a long time if you refuse to play AP while the community "learns" the hero.

I'm not waiting for people to learn them properly. I'm just sitting the time out in which everybody picks them. In the long run, only people who feel comfortable with them will pick them so that's fine with me.

Is that from Starbound?

Also not having individual items for sale from the new sets is stupid... the vast majority of my purchases were impulse 99-1.99 pieces from various sets.

Yeah I might grab that one. And the QoP one for $3 isn't bad either, though probably not as good as some of her other sets.

By the way, if anyone has the Alliance PA set I'd love to see it in action in-game. Really considering buying it, but since it changes animations and is on the more expensive side I want to know exactly how first.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
So I bought a Shagbark, I want to put gems in him! How does one do this?

I read this:
To make an Artificer's Brand, you need 100 specific commons, 75 specific uncommon, 50 specific rares, 10 specific mythical, and 3 specific Legendaries. I believe you need a bunch of the same item and not a bunch of different ones though. This is the item to make any courier unusual, but god damn its expensive. Gems not included ether. Item is rated ancient.

Now I am confused! I thought I could just use a chisel on my Shagbark and slot some nice gems in him!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I always thought the individually priced commons/uncommons from sets was kinda pointless. They seem terribly overpriced for as ubiquitous and easy to trade for as they are if you're willing to put a modicum of effort in at Dota 2 Lounge. For me personally I'm much more willing to spend $3-5 on a complete, unified look for a hero if I like it. What I don't like is that a lot of these new bargain bin sets are labelled as rare yet contain no actual rare items so I doubt they will retain much trading value once they've been in the drop list for a while, if you into that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom