• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

Is that from Starbound?

Yeah I might grab that one. And the QoP one for $3 isn't bad either, though probably not as good as some of her other sets.

By the way, if anyone has the Alliance PA set I'd love to see it in action in-game. Really considering buying it, but since it changes animations and is on the more expensive side I want to know exactly how first.

I have it, tell me what you want me to do and I will.

Artanisix

I'm wondering if a phase drums build is better for a solo Kaolin instead of the arcane boots build. This would give him superior follow up power and right click rather than just raw utility. Hmm.

Will have to experiment with it later tonight.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
sorry for spamming my love of ES but man hes made me really enthusiastic about playing the game again, and trying to figure him out has been an absolute blast. its the first time ive been around for the release of a hero :D

The truth is you only like Earth Spirit so much because he's basically an earth bender.

Sanjay

Is this some type of sick joke by Valve?
bramblehorn_large.51b0943901d00d68629731eec40516a7146b502a.png

shira

So I bought a Shagbark, I want to put gems in him! How does one do this?

I read this:

Now I am confused! I thought I could just use a chisel on my Shagbark and slot some nice gems in him!
Yup gonna be like $500 to make a fancy shagbark

shira

I don't do Twitter

So make one and when he tweets it goes to your email - or you can F5 this thread/ongamers.com

All random and Single draft it is then. According to Dotabuff, having either Spirit in your team basically seals your fate. I'll have to sit the time period out in which baddies shit up pubs with new high skill capped heroes until exclusively people with skill pick them up. Kinda like with Elder Titan. His win% went through the roof when after a few weeks picked merely by those who knew he was OP.

jajaja
Vyutfdr.png

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is there a site or something that explains what these new items (wex, etc...) do? I'm a bit confused

Also, I tried playing Earth spirit in a pub game and that turned out to be a disaster. I was so bad, so very very bad

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Diretide is kind of fun I guess, I need more yellows though. So whoever gets the most candy wins right, so why are we killing Rosh again? Do you get anything for it?

I'm wondering if a phase drums build is better for a solo Kaolin instead of the arcane boots build. This would give him superior follow up power and right click rather than just raw utility. Hmm.

Will have to experiment with it later tonight.

Yeah haven't played him in a real match yet but I was thinking Phase/Drums would be good. Build him like you would an aggressive PA or Jugg. Bfury is nice but you don't need to rush it since he can dish out a lot of early damage anyway with his radiance burn. Bfury, Deso, and Crit are probably what I'd build as "big" items. Maybe AC or Mjollnir if that works as well. Possibly a second Bfury if you have time, particularly vs. something like PL.

Edit: Whoops, was thinking you were talking about Ember Spirit, not Earth - I'll leave that there anyway. Ehh, I suppose you could do phase, drums pretty much works on anyone. For solo maybe build him like you would Elder Titan - Urn, Drums, etc.

Diretide is kind of fun I guess, I need more yellows though. So whoever gets the most candy wins right, so why are we killing Rosh again? Do you get anything for it?

There's a theory that the more times you kill Roshan, the better chances of getting the Shadow Essence and Cursed Recipes (check the IG scoreboard - everyone gets Shadow Essence or Cursed Recipe at leve 81).

Aaron

Dota 2 seems to be back so... diretide? I don't want to be stuck playing with russians again. Their pings are terrible.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Also does hex not work on Rosh in Diretide? I keep having it reflected back and turning myself into a pig

There's a theory that the more times you kill Roshan, the better chances of getting the Shadow Essence and Cursed Recipes (check the IG scoreboard - everyone gets Shadow Essence or Cursed Recipe at leve 81).

It says in the description under the queue button that you get better rewards the farther you get.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management

I see, well me and some Colombian Russo-Brazilians got to level 3 once, so I figure I should be drowning in Show Essence soon.

The whole point in Diretide giving you essences and recipes is due to the fact that you can now craft the three essences with the materialize recipe which can reward you with an item ranging from Common to Arcana as well as 40% chance of giving you a new Common, Uncommon, Rare or Mythical recipe.

ElyrionX

Just finished watching IG hit Level 81 Rosh in-game. They didn't die but somehow the game declared Rosh victorious. Not sure what happened there

Deadstar

Join Diretide game.

All the Russians scream NO PVP, CO OP, spend the entire game swapping candy for exp, vow to empty all buckets by 16 minutes to tie the game them make a glorious Roshan attempt.

Then without fail. Without fucking fail. Some idiot on either team will make a mad dash to fill his team's bucket at the end. Has happened 100% of the time. I'm getting real sick of these "co-op" games. Nobody wants to play the mode, everybody wants to just level up for Rosh fight and one Russian idiot will grief the other team.

Sick of this.

What is the point of tieing in the first round and why does it matter when you attack rosh? You still get items even if you don't win. Do they get better the higher level you go?

Also, what are everyone's favorite diretide hero?

I picked pudge last night and asked the other team to feed me. Everyone in the game called me retarded... telling me we couldnt make the high score because I didn't pick a ranged agi carry :(

They done goofed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom