• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Is there a link for this somewhere? Or is it in client in the "hall of fame" thing or whatever.

No idea. It was in my live games tab and I just clicked to watch it. When I got in, there werre only 1000+ spectators. 5 - 10 mins later, there were more than 9000 lol

I'm wondering if a phase drums build is better for a solo Kaolin instead of the arcane boots build. This would give him superior follow up power and right click rather than just raw utility. Hmm.

Will have to experiment with it later tonight.

Were would you get your mana to cast? Or you are playing him as a intiator ganker?

Anyone get the feeling Oracle and Earth Spirit were more Valve made (rather than Ice Frog) than previous heroes? They sure seem eager to get both in the game for barely being half a year old.

Ultrabum

Anyone get the feeling Oracle and Earth Spirit were more Valve made (rather than Ice Frog) than previous heroes? They sure seem eager to get both in the game for barely being half a year old.

Valve IS icefrog, that is why we can't reveal his identity. It is because 1. It's multiple people 2. They don't want it to get weird with 1 company making a game on another companies engine ect.

this is a joke

or am I icefrog?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Nope i just think they liked the idea of a spirit patch and a lot of people (and probably icefrog) find these two more fun to play than many of the older heroes. A few of the heroes we still have left have gone through remake after remake (i.e. pit lord, phoenix, terrorblade) and a few others still have a lot of balancing to go through (i.e. oracle, winter wyvern). The spirits made sense.

Nope i just think they liked the idea of a spirit patch and a lot of people (and probably icefrog) find these two more fun to play than many of the older heroes. A few of the heroes we still have left have gone through remake after remake (i.e. pit lord, phoenix, terrorblade) and a few others still have a lot of balancing to go through (i.e. oracle, winter wyvern). The spirits made sense.

But Oracle has serious work done in the files. He seems to be one of the next heroes despite his imbalance.

I don't know, there was just something odd about Earth Spirit's abilities and stuff that seem like they were made in source first and then ported to WC3. He was also rushed into the game, and it seems Oracle is the same.

I'm just skeptical about this claim that balancing and heroes are all Ice Frog. I just don't see how that's possible without Valve poking in and helping him design things and balance. I got that a lot with the last balance patch. It all felt a lot like things Valve themselves would add to balance.

JustinBB7

God damn, servers are still shit. Either network is down or it takes 10 minutes to find a match, another 10 to find a server and then it's 9/10 ready...

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
But Oracle has serious work done in the files. He seems to be one of the next heroes despite his imbalance.

I don't know, there was just something odd about Earth Spirit's abilities and stuff that seem like they were made in source first and then ported to WC3. He was also rushed into the game, and it seems Oracle is the same.

I'm just skeptical about this claim that balancing and heroes are all Ice Frog. I just don't see how that's possible without Valve poking in and helping him design things and balance. I got that a lot with the last balance patch. It all felt a lot like things Valve themselves would add to balance.

What makes something "Valve-like" and "Icefrog-like"???

SamVimes

These so called statsmen should scrap any stat from old patch because it's basically worthless, every item timing is completely off.
Besides GD Studio and kpoptosis (that maybe does gdstudio's as well?) they almost never say anything interesting.

DarkKyo

You don't beat Roshan this year, it's an endurance to see how far you can get instead of being the fastest team to kill him.

Ohhh that's actually pretty neat.

BTW anyone having problems crafting? I got a ton of recipes but whenever I drag an item from my inventory into a crafting slot the crafting slot is blank and I can't press "Apply". It's like crafting is disabled for me or something... I was able to drop a rare into a recipe last night but after that I haven't been able to add anything else to any recipe.

elyetis

I can understand when it comes to Earth spirit ( thematic patch, opportunity to rework Storm, etc ). But even thought I don't think it has to do with the 2 last hero being 'valve like', I do am puzzled about their work on oracle.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I can understand when it comes to Earth spirit ( thematic patch, opportunity to rework Storm, etc ). But even thought I don't think it has to do with the 2 last hero being 'valve like', I do am puzzled about their work on oracle.

Eh if this was one or two years ago I might say it's fishy, but we're down to techies, oracle, terrorblade, winter wyvern, arc warden, phoenix, pit lord, and LC. You're basically picking between new heroes, broken heroes, and heroes that are remade every other month. I still think Icefrog is in charge of balancing/hero design (I'm sure he bounces ideas off his coworkers or "team" I dunno how he works or if he even lives in Seattle).

But I mean at this point, who knows? He could be in the Bahamas under NDA, enjoying his millions.

shira

I can't believe shira hasn't posted these pics yet:

http://i.imgur.com/9xV0wfh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4Ojw0JE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3DRJUBx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IRIFRyq.jpg

reddit r/dota2 is having a field day with the new camera tool.

LOL

you gonna take this abuse, Shira?

gagQtQA.png

shira

Ohhh that's actually pretty neat.

BTW anyone having problems crafting? I got a ton of recipes but whenever I drag an item from my inventory into a crafting slot the crafting slot is blank and I can't press "Apply". It's like crafting is disabled for me or something... I was able to drop a rare into a recipe last night but after that I haven't been able to add anything else to any recipe.

IDK, crafting is hard, maybe it's bugged.

I was stumped on this for like 5 minutes. Some crafting requires a specific item - its grayed out untill you add that item

ib0VHLgGnfMghL.png

Eh if this was one or two years ago I might say it's fishy, but we're down to techies, oracle, terrorblade, winter wyvern, arc warden, phoenix, pit lord, and LC. You're basically picking between new heroes, broken heroes, and heroes that are remade every other month. I still think Icefrog is in charge of balancing/hero design (I'm sure he bounces ideas off his coworkers or "team" I dunno how he works or if he even lives in Seattle).

But I mean at this point, who knows? He could be in the Bahamas under NDA, enjoying his millions.

It's just so weird.

Like, this is a remake of a game. But it can't directly reference the old game, use its characters directly (unless they were generic), music, etc.

Has there ever been a remake of a game that wasn't allowed to use any IP from the previous game?

Also IF works at Valve. He's also fixed a few bugs on Dota 2, or at least was active in a few bug threads on the dev forums, and implied he fixed them.

If every hero since Skywrath has been Valve, that leaves WW and Zet in this weird bubble of being Valve made but not being priority to add. Once LC and Oracle are added, WW and Zet end up being the only post Dota 2 heroes left, but why ignore them entirely (especially WW, who seems more or less actually balanced)?

watching the sugar rush record being set.

Currently at Level 85.

Shadow Shaman
Lion
Tinker
Abbadon
Undying

Venge
BS
Pudge (with 70k hp, can't see his damage)
Troll
Magnus

Lots of auras, lots of disables to cancel Roshan's abilities.

edit:
Level 89 is the new record. iG just broke their old record. They were maybe 5 more seconds from reaching level 90. Took them an 62 or 63 minutes, total.

elyetis

You're basically picking between new heroes, broken heroes, and heroes that are remade every other month.
From what I understand Oracle is new and op as shit & still not in CM.
I don't know much about most of the others, but going by gamepedia, Abyssal Underlord and Goblin Techies didn't get any change since 6.75 ( so close to 2 year ? ) and are in CM I think ( didn't find a list of the hero in CM in dota 1 ). There is also 3 other hero who didn't get any change in 6.79 ( but it could mean some heavy change are still being made ? ), so yeah I don't really get the Oracle choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom