• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching the sugar rush record being set.

Currently at Level 85.

Shadow Shaman
Lion
Tinker
Abbadon
Undying

Venge
BS
Pudge (with 70k hp, can't see his damage)
Troll
Magnus

Lots of auras, lots of disables to cancel Roshan's abilities.

edit:
Level 89 is the new record. iG just broke their old record. They were maybe 5 more seconds from reaching level 90. Took them an 62 or 63 minutes, total.

I see Venge and Undying in every single record, I can guess because of the DMG aura and the Amplication of Undying.

I also see Shadow Shaman and Pudge. I don't get those two.

KingKong

I see Venge and Undying in every single record, I can guess because of the DMG aura and the Amplication of Undying.

Shadow Shaman is because you can drop like 5 sets of wards I think, Pudge is because they feed him to give him an insane amount of strength

whole thing seems dumb though, apparently the platinum Roshan is just a drop you can get from crafting a recipe and not a reward

Pudge is because if you fountain camp you can get 99999999 damage.

Shadow shaman lets you have lots of wards because of the way rosh refreshes you.

Has Icefrog ever publically talked about any particular rules of his hero design (apart from 'you can't do such and such in WC3'? I'd be very interested in reading about this.

shira

Servers are shot to hell since there's a trillion people playing.

But really, we've had more than we've ever had before so I guess we found our breaking point. Fuck.

Might as well give up at this point ;\ It's what I did.

OXrjQDr.jpg

Pudge flesh heap stacks can be stacked forever. More stacks mean more damage coming out of the hero. Combine dumb base damage thanks to all the strength stacking with a couple of daedalus' and battlefuries and the damage on crits just chunks Roshan. The way it works is that the enemy team just...volunteers to be killed over and over again for...however long you want to build up your base damage.

In the game I watched the record set in, Pudge had almost 70,000hp while owning no HP items in his inventory. I didn't see how many heap stacks he had, but his team had 171 kills, presumably all by him. All to get more stacks to boost his base damage.

Shadow Shaman was there for serpent wards (with the roshan refreshes, he had at least 2 sets of wards down at all times, and for the shackle which can disrupt Roshan from casting his various abilities.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
From what I understand Oracle is new and op as shit & still not in CM.
I don't know much about most of the others, but going by gamepedia, Abyssal Underlord and Goblin Techies didn't get any change since 6.75 ( so close to 2 year ? ) and are in CM I think ( didn't find a list of the hero in CM in dota 1 ). There is also 3 other hero who didn't get any change in 6.79 ( but it could mean some heavy change are still being made ? ), so yeah I don't really get the Oracle choice.

pit lord has been reworked a few times (abyssal underlord) and nobody likes to play with or against techies; but honestly I believe ya'll are overthinking their hero choices (especially since there aren't many left and the ones that are left all have certain quirks)--it could be as simple as, "yo i feel like making this hero he looks cool" (aka valve style) or icefrog: "PORT THESE HEROES FIRST PLZ."

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I can't really describe it. Just something about 6.79 and Earth Spirit/Oracle felt different than other patches we've gotten

I think you are making connections where none exist. Why should valve favor any hero over any other in that way. They still all have to get in. Oracle and ES are borderline broken just like most new heroes icefrog makes. Nothing about their design seems "valve made" instead of "icefrog made." You cant even give a concrete reason.

I kind of feel like LC with come out with Abyssal for this reason, and they'll tie into eachothers lore like they probably wanted to do with LC + Abaddon

And Oracle thrown in... for some reason? :p

Oracle appears to be as far along as Pit Lord. This excites me because Oracle seems like a super fun hero that I will love playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom