• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm so fucking lost without OngamersMatt update. IDK what to buy or what does what anymore.

It still seems nobody has any idea what the Diretide courier is or how to obtain its recipe. Distressing to me as that's really all I want out of this whole thing.

shira

Is anyone else broken?

Game didn't wrap up at the end of a DT match. Now it says it can't find the network

Yes
tumblr_inline_moyd1zId7R1qz4rgp.gif

don't worry, as soon as matt's blog post his up he can ressurect the servers and fix the battle rewards

G.ZZZ

I come back and servers are fried :(

Wanted to play some inhouses today zzz

EDIT: oh Stephano is back to SC2? I'll watch the frenchie then.

EDIT2: holy shit he still got it

it has a cooldown so you would have to sleight of fist over fifty enemies and get really good procs to bash 5 heroes in one go of it

but yes it works with it you can bash off it

Oh, forgot about the CD on the that. How does it interact with Maelstrom/Mjollnir?

Possibly the best hero for Deso though since you could theoretically hit 5 people with it instantly debuffing them.

Btw does anyone know if illusions will carry the fire shield buff?

And thinking Magnus is a real nice pairing with Ember due to empower giving you the bonus damage and cleave, allowing you to skip or delay a Bfury. Alchemist, Weaver, and Dazzle all might be nice pairings as well for their AoE armor debuffs.

It's too bad sony-valve never continued their partnership, would be kind of fun to play dota 2 on ps4.

Extremely possible due to x86-64 processor and BSD platform.

BraXzy

My last few games have cemented the fact I believe this game needs a concede option of some kind. I've had game after game where things just went wrong, the other team got insanely far ahead and it just becomes a sit around and wait game. There's no chance to farm because even as a team you'd just get wiped. Obviously it would need to be very carefully implemented to avoid trolling and stuff but I was thinking of some possibilities.

I'm not sure what would make a game eligible for conceding, there would need to be specific criteria. But what if the option comes up, and it is anonymous, so unless you're with a 4 stack, they don't know who is and isn't conceding. So for example, the game is going terribly, a concede option pops up somewhere and then the rest of the team receives a notification saying a team member has opted for it, do they wish to concede?

I know I know, bah we don't need a concede. But I still think there's a way to put it in without it becoming a terrible thing.

KingKong

this rares -> mythicals recipe is mighty tempting, especially if you can find the one with 6 random rares and just one specific one, which you could trade for another 1-2 random rares, so basically 8 rares + ~$1.00 for a mythical

shira

this rares -> mythicals recipe is mighty tempting, especially if you can find the one with 6 random rares and just one specific one, which you could trade for another 1-2 random rares, so basically 8 rares + ~$1.00 for a mythical

there are a lot of bad mythicals

Ultrabum

My last few games have cemented the fact I believe this game needs a concede option of some kind. I've had game after game where things just went wrong, the other team got insanely far ahead and it just becomes a sit around and wait game. There's no chance to farm because even as a team you'd just get wiped. Obviously it would need to be very carefully implemented to avoid trolling and stuff but I was thinking of some possibilities.

I'm not sure what would make a game eligible for conceding, there would need to be specific criteria. But what if the option comes up, and it is anonymous, so unless you're with a 4 stack, they don't know who is and isn't conceding. So for example, the game is going terribly, a concede option pops up somewhere and then the rest of the team receives a notification saying a team member has opted for it, do they wish to concede?

I know I know, bah we don't need a concede. But I still think there's a way to put it in without it becoming a terrible thing.

It has concede, just not in "ranked" matchmaking.

Join a lobby, type gg = starts countdown till throne explodes.

KingKong

there are a lot of bad mythicals

good point. yeah idk crafting doesnt seem worth it unless you have a ton of uncommons that you want to convert into rares. No idea why you'd want to polymorph something unless you just don't care about your old drops and want to change them to the new post-first blood drops

Spirit3

The humanity. I've worked 5 days straight, 12 hours a day, hoped for a bit of DOTA2 and the servers are busted. I have no luck with online games.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
cool, cursed recipe is 1 buck and shadow essence is going for 4. now if only we knew what a cursed recipe makes, COME ON MATT
How many times do I need to say it.

Cursed recipe gives you a normal drop, ranging from uncommon to legendary, that will have the cursed item quality.

Calidor

so marketplace got a wipe & reset, and since there was no price history of previous items sold I managed to make $18 by selling lot of crappy commons @ $0.25

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
so do we know how gems are attainable? are they drops? purchasable? only from deconstructing other items?
Seems most gems will come from chests, but a few drops will have kinetic gems in them.

Looks like valve is trying to make phase 3 not require farming all of phase 1. You seem to get a 1000 GPS the entire phase, making farming candy in round 1 pointless.

First diretide game ever was incredibly boring. Half the group wanted to just feed pudge for ever and the rest wanted to play. Just ended up being a huge cluster.

There should be a better way to get items so the game isn't entirely ruined by people who just want to farm. Reminds me of Gears of War when people wanted achievements and they'd line up to be killed by a certain weapon. BORING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom