• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Been trying to teach one of my friends how to play, we did pretty aight considering how new he is, but damn is it hard for me to explain this and that in the middle of fights. I really suck at talking and playing at the same time. :[

We had a (very Russian) Pudge in one of our games tonight hook creeps left and right, and he thought it was the most hilarious thing in the world. I love that. Welcome to Dota lol.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I need a Jack recipe. Wonder how rare they are. I think I've opened 5 chests so far and haven't seen one.

Xizk

Traded my Hallowed for keys and opened some more chests. First chest had Inscribed torchbearer with 2 sockets. One free and other had heroes revealed with dust.

ViviOggi

Been trying to teach one of my friends how to play, we did pretty aight considering how new he is, but damn is it hard for me to explain this and that in the middle of fights. I really suck at talking and playing at the same time. :[

If only there was some kind of coaching feature!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody got any Earth chests they don't wanna open? I'd just go buy a bunch for 3 cents but I don't have access to the community marketplace.

Played some earth spirit practice games and I think he's awesome. His basic ganking combo of grip, roll behind them and then boot them into your tower is so good. I can't see why he has such a low winrate unless people are just derping around and rolling into the enemy team to die.

I'm still not how to use his ult in team fights though. You could do something like blink next to someone and magnetise them, grip a rock through as many you can and then boot the rock back through the same people to silence them. Will kicking the rock through people spread the magnetise debuff to them though? And then after that I guess you need to stay alive and try and keep placing rocks and chasing people with the roll.

Arkanius

Played some earth spirit practice games and I think he's awesome. His basic ganking combo of grip, roll behind them and then boot them into your tower is so good. I can't see why he has such a low winrate unless people are just derping around and rolling into the enemy team to die.

I'm still not how to use his ult in team fights though. You could do something like blink next to someone and magnetise them, grip a rock through as many you can and then boot the rock back through the same people to silence them. Will kicking the rock through people spread the magnetise debuff to them though? And then after that I guess you need to stay alive and try and keep placing rocks and chasing people with the roll.

He falls off after mid game since his damage doesnt scale.
If everyone targets you first in team fights, your ultimate wont do much impact.

I lost 3 games yesterday as him after amazing starts. Your stuns and silences can only do so much

Nymerio

I just love it when we win with lineups like this:

wCWtE3Bl.png

All Random <3

LiQuid!

Yay, traded some essences away for Earth chests, got Disraptor's raptor on the first one and the CM mythical on the second one. So happy at the moment! The CM mythical seems to be worth 11+ keys or so on Dota 2 Lounge but it's soooo nice and CM is my best hero so I'm going to hang onto it.

LiQuid!

Sorry I wasn't responsible for the CM Liquid but a raptor is better than nothing... right?

Raptor was a (admittedly distant) second place that I wanted from that box, so I'm glad to have it, thanks again!

LiQuid!

Servers been trashed since Valve gave Diretide. I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

Razzer

Valve said that when the game went into full release they added enough servers for 450,000 more people. At the time peak concurrent was around the 300,000 mark. So we are pretty close to the limit that they estimated. Seems like maybe they were a little overambitious with that guess though, judging by the problems right now. That said it could just be the sudden influx rather than the actual numbers so we will see how things recover over the next few days.

Just a quick question on crafting guy, I have a recipe that says 3 common items but most items I put in don't seem to work even though they are commons, am I missing something or is this a bug?

Zeth

Just a quick question on crafting guy, I have a recipe that says 3 common items but most items I put in don't seem to work even though they are commons, am I missing something or is this a bug?
Yeah they seem a bit buggy. Sometimes dragging eligible items in doesn't give you the sound effect and shows a blank box. I had to apply one item at a time on the recipe I did.

The servers are huddled in a corner, quivering and crying.

I meanwhile, am screaming at them to let me get back into the game and grind more hats.

LiQuid!

I managed to snag the Alphid courier from one of the quas/wex/exort recipes yesterday. Not my favorite courier, and not worth much, but I've been rolling with a crappy Greevil as my only courier so that was exciting to see.

Wok

I don't get why there are three phases in Diretide: the first (capture the candies) and the second phase (feed Roshan with candies) make sense, but the third phase (everyone has the best equipment and is level 25 to defeat Roshan) should be a different mode. I would call this mode MMO simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom