• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodland

So is massing dps instead of ethereal blade/dagon the way to go now?

Yep, heroes are..

Troll - Used for ult/DPS
Treant - Ult interrupts big AOE nuke
Sven - DPS
Alch - DPS
Magnus - Empower/DPS

PA - DPS
Dirge/Skelly - Damage amp/DPS
Rubick - Takes troll/treant ults, general all-around
Jugg? - DPS
Lycan - DPS

Think Jugg/Lycan are interchangeable but I forget what can be used in their place. The rubick and treant get attacked by 4 members of the other team so the cleave hits rosh, while tre and rubick alternate ulting rosh to stop his insta-kill nuke. During the pre-rosh game, both teams dominate a couple of wolves/centaurs for bonus armor/damage auras, etc.

Aselith

So is massing dps instead of ethereal blade/dagon the way to go now?

Apparently agreeing that we are going physical damage and then buying ethereal blades to be a dick is the way to go now.

Fuck this new Diretide. :( If I wanted a million fucking essences I'd play Frostivus.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you get Artificer's Brand Crafting Recipe out of a chest because im finding it really hard to look for, not on the market or Dota 2 lounge
They don't seem to drop at all yet, they aren't in any loot lists. My bet is the ui isn't ready for something that needs 200+ items to make, so valve just held off on them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So Matt, how done are pit lords abilities? Do they work, are the effects set up?

Also, next patch is going to be spooky demon patch. Pit Lord, terror blade the wraith king, and new sf model. Lc delayed on account of valve marking her as realised, eta until valve notices is March 2014.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So Matt, how done are pit lords abilities? Do they work, are the effects set up?

Also, next patch is going to be spooky demon patch. Pit Lord, terror blade the wraith king, and new sf model. Lc delayed on account of valve marking her as realised, eta until valve notices is March 2014.

NO NO NO NO NO, TERRORBLADE IS NOT WRAITH KING U BASTARDS

shira

1012738_575409042508114_1605891786_n.jpg

baka! windrunner wears sandals

Just bought a chisel and used it, and now it's at 4/5 uses, meaning they fixed that bug

However, they haven't given back all those other chisels that were used and erased after just one use... I imagine that fix is a little bigger and will happen tomorrow.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
So the next big update is probably going to have Pit Abyssal Underlord, Oracle, Legion Commander, new Shadow Fiend model (with fixed swagger) and the Holdout game mode.

I can't wait! :)

Gxgear

Aui just said on stream that yasha first on PL's better than diffusal...god I've been yelled at on more than one occasions for building yasha first.

Hylian7

Remember how people didn't think Elder Titan was Tauren Chieftain at first?

Yeah, I think Wraith King has to be either Terrorblade or Arc Warden.

Razzer

Reading the opening to this thread has convinced me to give it a try. Is there plenty of friendly new comer servers?

There is just the 'servers' and nothing else, all one big batch. That said, ask any gaffer and I'm sure they would be happy to play with you and teach you. Hell with the new coaching feature you could ask someone to coach you.

Edit: Also matchmaking will put you with other new players so you will not be outclassed unless it's a smurf.

So the next big update is probably going to have Pit Abyssal Underlord, Oracle, Legion Commander, new Shadow Fiend model (with fixed swagger) and the Holdout game mode.

I can't wait! :)
Get in line shadowfiend, venomancer was in line before you, and, storm and phantom assassin.

His remake was announced at the same time as pa and before storm was pulled from the workahop. People at ti3 said it was far along,if not shippale back then... What's taking it so long :(

Razzer

Get in line shadowfiend, venomancer was in line before you, and, storm and phantom assassin.

His remake was announced at the same time as pa and before storm was pulled from the workahop. People at ti3 said it was far along,if not shippale back then... What's taking it so long :(

The same thing holding back LC probably. Changed priorities.

NBtoaster

Winter Wyvern seems like the funnest hero not in the game. On demand flying movement and outrange towers. huge AOE nuke. Save allies. Get enemies to kill each other.

Well I just got a Mok Legendary courier as a level up drop. Didn't know until I checked my armory though because the scoreboard at the end only showed me getting a Polymorph: Rare recipe.

Might trade it though, but will have to see how it looks in a match first before I decide.

ElyrionX

I presume the current PA is already the remade version?

I think Zeus needs a remake far more than anyone else though.

sephi22

Old man Terrorblade would be the biggest dick move Valve can pull.
Make him Arc Warden. I don't care. Arc Warden looks like a bipedal Labrador with purple armor in DoTa1 anyway. No one will cry.

I never played Dota1 but illidan's design is iconic. Make something that looks similar but different enough to prevent copyright infringement.

Old man Terrorblade would be the biggest dick move Valve can pull.
Make him Arc Warden. I don't care. Arc Warden looks like a bipedal Labrador with purple armor in DoTa1 anyway. No one will cry.

I never played Dota1 but illidan's design is iconic. Make something that looks similar but different enough to prevent copyright infringement.

illidans design deserves to be on a linken park album cover and nothing more

Lotto

Bristleback is the worst hero in the game right now. Why anyone would pick him is beyond me.

I'm bitter that the captain in my captain's draft game decided to choose him for me when there were much better heroes in the pool (which I asked for) and I did terribly with him

But seriously, he's definitely not a hero that fits my playstyle. Q/W ad nauseam.

Also, Wraith King = Skeleton King but alive. His sword texture and 'King' moniker implies as much.

sephi22

Speaking of things that belong on a Linkin Park album, the new camera is great.
(Also pictured: Viper bot scheming about his rampages)

Also, Wraith King = Skeleton King but alive. His sword texture and 'King' moniker implies as much.
Isn't a wraith a ghost/spirit? In that case its not an alive SK, its like a deader SK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom