• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

et is dumb but we still need a bat nerf before anything else
Bat is fine. He has been nerfed into the ground. Remember when he could attack during Lasso? Yeah...

All he really needs is some kind of "slap on the wrist" nerf if anything.

ET though, I can agree. While my win rate with him means nothing, I only lost one game with him, and it was my first game with him where I had no bloody idea how to play the hero.

aeolist

Banned
Bat is fine. He has been nerfed into the ground. Remember when he could attack during Lasso? Yeah...

ET though, I can agree. While my win rate with him means nothing, I only lost one game with him, and it was my first game with him where I had no bloody idea how to play the hero.

there's no real risk to picking bat, he can lane against almost anyone and win, farm like crazy, is survivable as hell, and has one of the best ganking ability sets in the game. if he's not banned there is absolutely no reason to not first pick him.

G.ZZZ

Bat still sport a pretty high winrate alongside his 100% pick/ban ratio. He'll get a nerf, probably even a significant one (i'm thinking his turnrate will be nerfed first, then maybe a base str or armor decrease).

ET will have the aura split on hero/spirit->armor/spell resist and he'll be fine.

This is all meaningless to talk about anyway because we all know this game is dead and isn't getting any updates ever.

Hylian7

Bat still sport a pretty high winrate alongside his 100% pick/ban ratio. He'll get a nerf, probably even a significant one (i'm thinking his turnrate will be nerfed first, then maybe a base str or armor decrease).

ET will have the aura split on hero/spirit->armor/spell resist and he'll be fine.

This is all meaningless to talk about anyway because we all know this game is dead and isn't getting any updates ever.
If I recall correctly, wasn't Bat's turn rate buffed a while back? I remember back when he was first released in Dota 2, people complained that he didn't "feel" right in Dota 2, despite being a top pick in Dota 1.

If I recall correctly, wasn't Bat's turn rate buffed a while back? I remember back when he was first released in Dota 2, people complained that he didn't "feel" right in Dota 2, despite being a top pick in Dota 1.

Yes, with a 2.6 STR gain that was reversed. For nerfs, I'd say reduce the turn rate on sticky palms. It is pretty damn notable even early on.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Clearly the 115 friends I have who play Dota 2 aren't enough yet, because I didn't see anyone on, so I had to solo queue and get stomped in a 19-1 stomp with a Puck who missed basically every orb and silence and said

SORRY

DELAY

there's no real risk to picking bat, he can lane against almost anyone and win, farm like crazy, is survivable as hell, and has one of the best ganking ability sets in the game. if he's not banned there is absolutely no reason to not first pick him.

The risk to picking him now is giving up heroes like Wisp or ET, who are also completely busted. I'm glad that the latest round of heroes that made it into CM are getting picked a lot because it makes the ban-pick phase less focused on just banning the wisp and the bat. You've got Troll, Abbadon and ET suddenly getting first round bans and picks, which creates a choice between those and the old guard of top tier heroes that dominated for the last several months.

To me, ET is the real problem hero out of all of them. He provides a team with more damage than any other hero in the game, he offers tons of control through the ultimate and the stomp, he outlanes almost anything, he moves stupid fast and hits stupid hard because of the aura. He's the complete package.

ksan

dota 2 is pretty dog trash compared to dota 1 in some regards, not being able to cast while turning is one of the reasons

dota 1 sf is the coolest shit ever

overall dota 2 is by far better though, even in-game

Yes, with a 2.6 STR gain that was reversed. For nerfs, I'd say reduce the turn rate on sticky palms. It is pretty damn notable even early on.
They can make the turn rate scale with levels instead of a flat 70%.

I don't feel that's his issue though as then he'll still be a good laner, and if someone feels he isn't he'll still destroy the jungle. I don't know what they could do without making him worthless.

Anteo

Clearly the 115 friends I have who play Dota 2 aren't enough yet, because I didn't see anyone on, so I had to solo queue and get stomped in a 19-1 stomp with a Puck who missed basically every orb and silence and said

SORRY

DELAY

Well you never added me.
You could have said 116 friends

ET is also bugged right now that Astral Spirit damage upon cast applies the Aura before the damage. It's the other way around in Dota 1.

G.ZZZ

AFAIK, IF buffed the hero because Valve wasn't fixing it and basically he forced them to actually fix it. However, the hero was already super good in Dota1 before the huge buffs he recieved (Str buff, turn rate buff).

AFAIK, IF buffed the hero because Valve wasn't fixing it and basically he forced them to actually fix it. However, the hero was already super good in Dota1 before the huge buffs he recieved (Str buff, turn rate buff).

That's an interesting take on it considering he is a Valve employee.

G.ZZZ

That's an interesting take on it considering he is a Valve employee.

Considering how many "bugs" were ported from Dota2 to Dota1, and how huge disparity bugs are still around or remained around for a long time, it really looks like they're still working separately on the two games.

Artanisix

Before calling heroes a problem, you should really sit down and figure out if there are good ways to counter them. ET is the hottest hero on the market right now (called it) but that doesn't mean he requires kneejerk nerfs.

Same thing happened with Nyx, with Magnus, with KOTL, with PL, with Alch, with OD, and with many others... All you need is some extensive brainstorming and testing. If, and only if, the hero retains some ridiculous winrate should you be dishing out the nerfs.

Clockwerk and TA are good responses to ET. I haven't played a whole lot of dota lately so I haven't been able to come up with other good counters, but there's a good start for you guys.

Before calling heroes a problem, you should really sit down and figure out if there are good ways to counter them. ET is the hottest hero on the market right now (called it) but that doesn't mean he requires kneejerk nerfs.

Same thing happened with Nyx, with Magnus, with KOTL, with PL, with Alch, with OD, and with many others... All you need is some extensive brainstorming and testing. If, and only if, the hero retains some ridiculous winrate should you be dishing out the nerfs.

Clockwerk and TA are good responses to ET. I haven't played a whole lot of dota lately so I haven't been able to come up with other good counters, but there's a good start for you guys.
I think AC builders (and Rubick) would be good counters for him during the teamfights

ffff, nothing better than beating in some tryhard pubbers in ap. Their team was nyx, huskar, weaver, batrider and dark seer. Our team; prophet, troll, pudge, bounty hunter and tidehunter.

Bh track gold, refresher tide, basher on bh, skill full pudge hooks, dps prophet and my troll ult pulled us through the game. Best part is perma bashing in weaver's dumb bug face.

Baha

Missed this earlier during the match:
cgujO8U.gif
Funn1k uses bloodstone to suicide and heal dendi so he can survive s4's attack.

Wok

I have finally found a hero to counter Drow Ranger: Phantom Lancer. I had a 1 vs 1 mid at some point during the game, and the poor Drow was overwhelmed. Ahaha!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have finally found a hero to counter Drow Ranger: Phantom Lancer. I had a 1 vs 1 mid at some point during the game, and the poor Drow was overwhelmed. Ahaha!

You could also just use Spirit Breaker, Drow's biggest weakness are heroes that get right up in your face.

JustinBB7

Any invis hero counters her, Pudge counters her, Spirit Breaker.. Puck.. anybody that can get next to her really. Many, many heroes counter Drow.

Also guess patch tomorrow then, seems to be the new thing. But doubt it will be anything until end October :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Any invis hero counters her, Pudge counters her, Spirit Breaker.. Puck.. anybody that can get next to her really. Many, many heroes counter Drow.

Also guess patch tomorrow then, seems to be the new thing. But doubt it will be anything until end October :(

Hopefully the Halloween Event Starts before Halloween this year.

We actually have to get a patch tomorrow, D2L starts and the ticket isn't in the store yet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1o93nl/hyperx_d2l_season_4_full_details_east_and_west/

Wok

You could also just use Spirit Breaker, Drow's biggest weakness are heroes that get right up in your face.

Well, I usually cannot counter Drow Ranger. Plus in my case, they had Spirit and some invisible heroes.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/344209282

Missed this earlier during the match:
Funn1k uses bloodstone to suicide and heal dendi so he can survive s4's attack.

I noticed that Dendi should have died when this happened, but I didn't know what healed him. I thought it might have been wand charges or a mek, didn't realize that Funnik made this play. I've been critical of him on Na'Vi since the beginning, but he plays a damn good Timbersaw offlane.

Small tidbit: if you are playing Windrunner in a farming position and the other team has high-mobility heroes (AM, QoP, etc) rush an Orchid. It'll do a lot more for you than Force Staff will.

Arkanius

We can go home GAF
We pimped ET, and now after these games, he will be a popular pick.

After Treant Protector, Elder Titan, who else needs our shining spotlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom