• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can go home GAF
We pimped ET, and now after these games, he will be a popular pick.

After Treant Protector, Elder Titan, who else needs our shining spotlight?
Pugna, undying, skeleton king, omniknight, disraptor, skywrath, and silencer are really good in my opinion and it's crazy to me they aren't currently in the meta as I think there is tons of potential there and people aren't being creative enough to find new things. I understand it shifts (relatively) slowly, but come on teams! Be the force that pushes it along!

JustinBB7

Just lost a 1 hour 18 minute game, I was PL as pretty much our only hard carry vs Medusa/Slark/Razor.

I could kill them all, but they out rat dota'd the PL and never fought and just split pushed us to death. Man slark is annoying with bkb/leap/ult all the time. 723 last hits that game. At least I broke a record I guess.

We talk about Disruptor being underrated, but now that I think about it with ET being so hot, he starts to make a lot more sense. Spirit + Shock harass? Lane is lost, don't even try. And glimpse + the thunderdome arena ensures that the ET can punch people after the spirit returns. Not to mention the ult. Barrier, Stomp, Storm and Earth Splitter have a lot of synergy.

Now obviously you won't be running ET mid in this setup. Could work as a dual lane if you're into that, but something like Naga or Lina would compliment really well for an aggressive tri-lane.

Boken

Banned
We talk about Disruptor being underrated, but now that I think about it with ET being so hot, he starts to make a lot more sense. Spirit + Shock harass? Lane is lost, don't even try. And glimpse + the thunderdome arena ensures that the ET can punch people after the spirit returns. Not to mention the ult. Barrier, Stomp, Storm and Earth Splitter have a lot of synergy.

Now obviously you won't be running ET mid in this setup. Could work as a dual lane if you're into that, but something like Naga or Lina would compliment really well for an aggressive tri-lane.

i always wanted to max disruptors Q first

shira

tumblr_mulfc9DJfi1sl74abo1_1280.png
tumblr_mt0zo4CImD1qfzph8o1_400.jpg

Hylian7

Regarding all this Dis Raptor talk, maxing Glimpse is best.

"But Hylian, where do you get damage?"

From your tower or lane partner(s), silly. The kill potential goes way way up with more points in Glimpse as you can bring people back into extremely sticky situations. Think of it like a longer Pudge hook that goes through units and terrain. Does this not sound awesome?

You can take one point on Thunder Strike and one in Kinetic Field early. The only reason for Thunder Strike is to cancel Salves. If your enemy brought no Salves, skip it and get another point in Kinetic Field.

NBtoaster

Centaur still broken (or at least ridiculous).

How is this hero not in the meta?

He's pretty much as bad as Timbersaw.

Probably because he needs a blink to do real work, and safe lane farm is better on someone that can achieve good attack speed/damage late game, he would get nothing done in offlane, there are better supports that can harass and have ranged disables, hes a really slow jungler and if mid he cant push the wave without hurting himself or using a lot of his tiny mana pool.

G.ZZZ

From your tower or lane partner(s), silly. The kill potential goes way way up with more points in Glimpse as you can bring people back into extremely sticky situations. Think of it like a longer Pudge hook that goes through units and terrain. Does this not sound awesome?

You can take one point on Thunder Strike and one in Kinetic Field early. The only reason for Thunder Strike is to cancel Salves. If your enemy brought no Salves, skip it and get another point in Kinetic Field.

Not to ruin your parade but max glimpse is already a thing on support Disraptors. I'm still waiting on support Skeletorz.

Hylian7

Not to ruin your parade but max glimpse is already a thing on support Disraptors. I'm still waiting on support Skeletorz.
As it should be. I see 90% of pub Dis Raptors maxing Thunder Strike first, as well as people and guides everywhere saying to max Thunder Strike first. The skill really is not that good. Glimpse is where it's at.

NBtoaster

Eh, Thunder Strike actually does pretty good damage (400 total when maxed) and you shouldn't skip it because the main purpose is to provide you vision of the target giving you more time to glimpse it back.

bounchfx

woo! bh set DONE. just need to do presentation stuff now, should have it submitted tomorrow night. I'm pumped, this one was FAR more work than any of the others but I'm quite happy with how it came out. It's a bit out there, like most of my stuff, but hopefully some people will like it... :)

I think glimpse vs. thunderstrike is highly situational. People forget but thunderstrike was buffed recently - guides might not be updated to account for that, especially if the hero isn't getting much play.

I mean I've solo killed an Anti-Mage in lane maxing Q first over glimpse. All his spells are really good honestly.

He probably just needs one more adjustment and you'd see him picked up a lot more frequently. Either indirectly with another BKB nerf, or a buff to him - personally I like making barrier impassable regardless of BKB. You could still blink out of it (if not silenced by storm), maybe get force staffed out, but nothing else. Or possibly make static storm more like doom, silencing abilities and items. An AoE doom might push him to god tier.

Boken

Banned

Thanks sensei

G.ZZZ

I think glimpse vs. thunderstrike is highly situational. People forget but thunderstrike was buffed recently - guides might not be updated to account for that, especially if the hero isn't getting much play.

I mean I've solo killed an Anti-Mage in lane maxing Q first over glimpse. All his spells are really good honestly.

He probably just needs one more adjustment and you'd see him picked up a lot more frequently. Either indirectly with another BKB nerf, or a buff to him - personally I like making barrier impassable regardless of BKB. You could still blink out of it (if not silenced by storm), maybe get force staffed out, but nothing else. Or possibly make static storm more like doom, silencing abilities and items. An AoE doom might push him to god tier.

He just need to be able to glimpse himself, no need to nerf BkB again. That'd make for some nice tricks, like glimpsing yourself if you see you're in danger, or TP yourself to base to recover mana, then glimpse yourself back to lane.

F!ReW!Re

woo! bh set DONE. just need to do presentation stuff now, should have it submitted tomorrow night. I'm pumped, this one was FAR more work than any of the others but I'm quite happy with how it came out. It's a bit out there, like most of my stuff, but hopefully some people will like it... :)

Can't you give us a sneak peak or a hint at what the "style" looks like? ;-)

He just need to be able to glimpse himself, no need to nerf BkB again. That'd make for some nice tricks, like glimpsing yourself if you see you're in danger, or TP yourself to base to recover mana, then glimpse yourself back to lane.

I just mentioned BKB since its nerfing seems to be a trend. Self-glimpse (or even just ally glimpse) would be pretty awesome though and could make for some sick plays (and griefing, but you could do worse with what's already available).

Oh and I had my first real Timbersaw game tonight. My only previous one had people DCing no more than 10 minutes in so I never got a chance to properly play him before. Went mid vs. SF and did okay, team crushed the game though winning all the other lanes. Tons of fun and I'm eager to try him again with a different matchup and in a game that wasn't already pretty one-sided before I started roaming.

Thunderstrike does 160/240/320/400 damage for 130 mana. It's really good harass at level 2 even. It also gives vision for 4 seconds so you definitely don't want to skip it altogether. If you're mainly going to be fighting in the lane then I haven't found a 1400 range glimpse all that necessary, it can be good for ganking mid though. I think it depends on the lane anyway.

Obviously you don't want to leave glimpse too late, if you're a pub support who can get reasonable levels it's maybe not that big a deal, but I guess it's more of an issue in competitive. Disruptor seems like he's in that spot with Dazzle, Witch Doctor and Warlock where they need levels too badly to be a tri-lane support but aren't a top tier mid either.

Boken

Banned
I hope whoever made this realises they have to make one for everyone else.

How's Pokémon Boken?
did you see the lines for the game
pokemon is a national pastime

my problem with disruptor is that glimpse gets SO MUCH out of levels its ridiculous.

Q gets 80 damage per level

W gets +400 range, -10cd and -30 mana?

jesus

G.ZZZ

my problem with disruptor is that glimpse gets SO MUCH out of levels its ridiculous.

jesus

Yeah this is so horrible i dunno why i'm putting up with it honestly.

No, because I don't actually have the game yet. I won't be able to until at least Wednesday.

At least Big W has it for $44. Maybe.

(also i would ask 'what's your party' but i can guess what one member is from your avatar)

Also I love maxing out Glimpse for the sheer shenanigans it provides. There is something to be said about maxing out Thunder Strike in aggressive tris though.

shira

It works! Free Golden Baby Roshan couriers for everybody!

Things that you will need:
Baby Roshan Courier - http://imgur.com/1JvYmii
Genuine Smeevil Courier (red smeevil should be unlocked, not sure if 100+ view is needed) - http://imgur.com/th2PFPK
Okay, lets get started:
Buy a courier
Make sure you equipped the Baby Roshan courier in the player's loadout before activating it
Once the courier is activated, equip the genuine smeevil in the player's loadout (http://imgur.com/NmqylRX)
You may or may not need to upgrade your courier into a flying one
Congratulations! you now saved thousand of dollars by having a bugged roshan :p
End result: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595891200054456580/CE36BC25B16E91184D45080A81983E47800FF22B/
additional ss: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595891200055144279/F964EB81A358E2664667FC19CEBC5E1657E624DF/

M.D

Is there a reason why we don't see Vengeful Spirit more in pro games? She's such an awesome hero, all of her skills are pretty damn good and Nether Swap can be useful in so many different situations

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

jesus
Honestly I tend to just max Glimpse and Thundershock first and only get two levels in Kinetic Barrier.

I dunno if you're in a tri or even a dual lane and you can get extra auto attacks from a barrier, that's worth way more than 60 damage over 4 seconds with another level of thundershock. And then you have more guaranteed ult silence and damage.

Is there a reason why we don't see Vengeful Spirit more in pro games? She's such an awesome hero, all of her skills are pretty damn good and Nether Swap can be useful in so many different situations

Because there are better supports against multiple enemies, I haven't seen many pro games with roaming heroes (which is why Sand King did so bad in TI3), very low mana.

BY THE WAY, anyone knows the website that had a "tier list" of the heroes in TI3, it is not the gosugamers one, it had heroes that rose in the meta and had Troll, ET and so on "not on captain's mode".

jesus

Not sure how Disruptor is for pro level battles but Disruptor and Jakiro is fucking awesome in normal MM.

Using Glimpse on an enemy who just tp'ed to a tower and sending him back to base is probably one of the best things to do in Dota 2 ever.

Edit: Man I haven't played Dota in a while. Only play it now when this one cute girl does so. Problem is she's all the way in the UK so I get like 300ms lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom