• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit3

So, anyone got some blue essence they want to part ways with (i'll give some reds and yellows). I have far too many of them and so many recipes I can't cook.

Also why is it when you tell everyone in all chat DON'T TELEPORT TO ROSHAN that at least 2 people always teleport to roshan.

So, anyone got some blue essence they want to part ways with (i'll give some reds and yellows). I have far too many of them and so many recipes I can't cook.

Also why is it when you tell everyone in all chat DON'T TELEPORT TO ROSHAN that at least 2 people always teleport to roshan.

If you have spares, drops those suckers on the Steam Market and grab the Blue essence instead!

Kreunt

Banned

im always short on blues aswell, i wonder if there is something wrong with the drop rate.

Skab

Nah, I was talking about these:

M65b283.jpg

20130409150740.jpg

BQ8P79XCQAEgjMG.jpg

Hammers and Chisels all come in single stacks now, unless they're unboxed, apparently

Effectively a 4x price increase...

Who in their right mind is going to buy them when you can open a crate and get around a 40% discount...

Zeth

jeebus veno with OoV is sooo good early game <3

I love Veno lately. Probably because he's the support I'm most likely to land early kills/assists with. I've been using OoV since I saw it popping up in some of the guides; I assumed his sting passive was an orb, so do you prioritize oov until it's leveled later?

ElyrionX

is it possible to access the last hit challenge without going through the tutorial? I tried going through the starting DK one but it was so goddamn tedious.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Yeah I got OoV and gale lvl 1, wards, then poison sting, but in hind sight I should have gotten Gale again for the poison ticks.

Tuskar didn't stand a chance :D

Anuxi's stream is at the highest viewer count I've ever seen it - 1200+. Quite impressive!

Edit: 1800+

Edit 2: Also on the front page of Twitch!

yeah that was so crazy! Dat power of a brand name SingSing :3
And balls >.>
lol.jpg

perspective: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...w_dota_patch_has_a_player_mode_called/cdgna1h yes stolen from scumhive reddit

Its an unpopular opinion, but it confuses me nonetheless. Valve has 330 employees, a mere fraction of Riot's numbers. And Riot has one product. Valve supports multiple video games with semi-frequent updates, a hardware project with 30+ team members (Steam Machines), the most popular social gaming platform in the world (Steam), and the most popular PC gaming store in the world.

Like... seriously. What the fuck is Riot doing? Valve has released more content updates to Dota 2 in the past 5 months than Riot has in two years. The First Blood content update, mid September. The Three Spirits content update, mid November. The 6.78 (late summer) and 6.79 (mid october) parity balance updates. And none of these include the near-hundreds of cosmetic armor sets, weapons, ward skins, HUD skins, loading screen skins, taunts, and couriers they randomly add here and there.

In the same timeframe, correct me if I'm wrong, we had 2 heroes (Lucian, Jinx), 4 hero reworks (Yi, Garen, Sivir, Heimer), 12 skins (Pool party x5, new champions x2, Police Vi, Zyra, Sultan Gangplank, Forecast janna, Arcade Hec), a few item reworks (Phage, Aegis), and various balance updates. That's like 10% of what Valve added.

And let's not even consider Heroes of the Storm. Blizzard is now entering the MOBA market, and they are specifically targeting their MOBA at the casual market. 15-20 minute game length, shared experience, no gold, multiple unique maps, and all the Blizzard IP and lore which is unparalleled among any gaming universe in the world.

valve stop updating so much you make lol look bad

Yeah I got OoV and gale lvl 1, wards, then poison sting, but in hind sight I should have gotten Gale again for the poison ticks.

Tuskar didn't stand a chance :D
dont max gale

Max sting and gale then wards.

Funnily enough, this came out today:

http://dotametrics.wordpress.com/2013/11/18/skill-build-analysis-venomancer/ said:
Based off this, I suspect that the strongest Veno build is 1 point in Gale early for gank attempts, then max Poisonous Sting followed by Plague Ward (such as 1/4/1/1 by 7, then 1/4/4/2). This build has the highest overall win rate in both High and Very High, and it gives Venomancer a lot of neutral killing potential in an environment where supports are often starved of XP due to the 6.79 nerf to the pull camp. Venomous Gale builds aren’t bad though and can likely sync well with certain playstyles, but Gale builds should still max Sting relatively early.

I think 6.79's buff to the wards is pretty substantial. He still falls off pretty early though and wasting his window on gale is silly in my opinion.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Max sting and gale then wards.
Nah man, max sting then wards, and max gale last. Also, if you are dirt poor, skip level 2 Ult until you can up your mama pool, without arcane boots or a drum, you really don't have the mana for it.

Artanisix

Huh, I actually feel like supports get more XP these days than they did before. Also I'm of the camp that believes in maxing Gale and Sting over Wards.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Holy shit I never realized that Shadow Wave was physical damage and thus would interact with armor reduction

...I suddenly want to play Dazzle much more

sixghost

Holy shit I never realized that Shadow Wave was physical damage and thus would interact with armor reduction

...I suddenly want to play Dazzle much more

It also causes one instance of physical aoe damage around each teammate it heals. As if you needed another reason to pick Dazzle in every game you have a Meepo on your team.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
perspective: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...w_dota_patch_has_a_player_mode_called/cdgna1h yes stolen from scumhive reddit

valve stop updating so much you make lol look bad
Okay even ignoring everything else how the hell does Riot have 1,100 employees? No seriously, thats not even meant to be derogatory, I just want to know what they do. Sitting in a cubicle for eight hours a day what do they contribute to the game? What are their job descriptions? I mean what the fuck

Dec

Showcase mode is awesome but it would be so much better if it weren't so damn foggy.

Ya but I don't think there's a great solution to it. The view distance is shit because you usually never see from an angle where it matters. They could disable fog and render further only in that camera mode I guess, but who knows how easy that is to do.

kvk1

Okay even ignoring everything else how the hell does Riot have 1,100 employees? No seriously, thats not even meant to be derogatory, I just want to know what they do. Sitting in a cubicle for eight hours a day what do they contribute to the game? What are their job descriptions? I mean what the fuck

I wager quite a bit of that number is dedicated to PR, marketing, etc.

Huh, I actually feel like supports get more XP these days than they did before. Also I'm of the camp that believes in maxing Gale and Sting over Wards.

I think more XP unless in a defensive tri-lane since the pull camp was nerfed so heavily. More affected on Dire since Radiant can pull through and do the double or triple pull. Not to mention shenanigans like the Rubick lift pull on Radiant or blocking into Ancients with ES on Dire.

The other thing is the rise of supports that can jungle well as a way to counteract the loss of the pull camp being so worthwhile before. CM and Veno particularly besides the usual suspects like Chen, Enigma, Doom, etc.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Ya but I don't think there's a great solution to it. The view distance is shit because you usually never see from an angle where it matters. They could disable fog and render further only in that camera mode I guess, but who knows how easy that is to do.

The viewing distance is not the same in regular camera and showcase mode. You can easily reproduce this yourself by looking for landmarks which are clearly in the area of vision and switching camera. You'll see the viewing distance is significantly shorter. And in your own base there will be a bunch of fog.

In reality it's probably for performance reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom