• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

The viewing distance is not the same in regular camera and showcase mode. You can easily reproduce this yourself by looking for landmarks which are clearly in the area of vision and switching camera. You'll see the viewing distance is significantly shorter. And in your own base there will be a bunch of fog.

In reality it's probably for performance reasons.

Otherwise, during the game, you can toggle the showcase mode and it could be used to see really far away.

shira

I got the new Meepo Backpack with a Socketed Towers Destroyed gem on it!

I hope they implement the strange name upgrades for towers destroyed

Vandalizing
Ravaging
Razing
Wrecking
Decimating
Demolishing
Disintigrating
Pulverizing
Atomizing
Planckifying
Steeple Toppling
Monolith Mashing
Edifice Defying
Tower-Bane

vehn

I hope they implement the strange name upgrades for towers destroyed

Vandalizing
Ravaging
Razing
Wrecking
Decimating
Demolishing
Disintigrating
Pulverizing
Atomizing
Planckifying
Steeple Toppling
Monolith Mashing
Edifice Defying
Tower-Bane

All the custom names are gone, replaced with inscribed.they probably removed the server notification that the item leveled up too.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Dat singsing POTM build <3

datpotm.jpg

JustinBB7

what is that 82% did i do the math right

eg is getting ddos'd because they're too lazy to stop using skype and get a new ip so they just get forfeits

Skype is not the problem, they fixed that months ago. They just used skype to get their ip's. But it's still easy to get that in other ways. Skype was just the easiest one.

Oh well, relaxing day for the GD studio this way!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Otherwise, during the game, you can toggle the showcase mode and it could be used to see really far away.

I don't think you've understood what I said. The showcase view has a much shorter viewing distance than regular camera. How would making them the same give you an unfair advantage?

JustinBB7

Just had a game where the Sladar on our team went sprint first level, while he was on the same lane as Veno vs a solo Beastmaster. Then he made mask of madness and shadowblade..

Why :(

Calidor

SingSIng stream is so entertraining to watch, all those apm to just kill creeps O_O

also he is playing Emancipator on his stream!

Skab

Had a very hectic game earlier today. 24 kills before the 9 min mark, 99 kills by the time the game ended at 42 mins. Was a mad house.

Also, the Wraith King textures bother me. Same sword model as Skeleton King. Same single shoulder armor piece and cape. I'm starting to wonder if he isn't, like, Skeleton King before the skeleton part or something. Sort makes me think it isn't TB.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So are we going to do some dire tide gaf houses tonight? Do we still get drops? Do you need to be in a 5 stack for the password thing to work?

Hahaha. Was spamming suicide on my Bloodstone when I was lassoed but I died before it went off. Problem was my Bloodstone was at 25+ charges so I respawned instantly and suicided in the well. Though I respawned something like 3 seconds after that with 10 charges remaining.

Pretty snowbally Death Prophet game. Had the Bloodstone at 13 minutes. Was beyond godlike with at least 11-0-11 before I died.

bzm

So really to late for more? I think I can muster up a full team in a few hours.

Sorry man, brackets closed. Not to mention it would be even messier with 11 teams. I think volodja was looking for a 5th since dfz can't play, maybe contact him?

Dec

I think I've posted this like 3-4 times over the past few months but:

Why does anyone still use Skype? Takes a bit of time to set up Jitsi correctly but the quality is 20x better, and it has no ads and no auto-gain adjusting bullshit.

Boken

Banned
just like why does everybody still use facebook?

social entrenchment is a powerful force. something needs to be much more functionally superior that people leave en masse to make anything social platform the new defacto standard

geetec

Neo Member

No! I don't care if it's literally your courier Matt. This was my idea first!

Communication is key, just like in dota!
If this goes well maybe I'll do another sometime.

Yeah you're right. I was thinking the same exact thing, it's fine. Maybe next time.

Sanjay I'm calling out for you brah! When I contacted you, you ditched me to play BF4 and told me to not worry about the closing date.. You told me we would start a team!
1v1. Deal with it like a real man.

bzm

Yeah you're right. I was thinking the same exact thing, it's fine. Maybe next time.

Sanjay I'm calling out for you brah! When I contacted you, you ditched me to play BF4 and told me to not worry about the closing date.. You told me we would start a team!
Damn, Sanjay?
1v1. Deal with it like a real man.
damndamn

Dec

just like why does everybody still use facebook?

social entrenchment is a powerful force. something needs to be much more functionally superior that people leave en masse to make anything social platform the new defacto standard

It is much more functionally superior but for some reason people complain about how bad Skype is, then never look for an alternative. Makes no damn sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom