• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Ok so how does one go about obtaining unusual effects and autographs and stuff then? Someone has to destroy a courier to pillage the gems out of it?

Definitely won't be opening any of those if the best they offer is weapon mods.

I would like to know as well. I have a hollow jack and I want it to be unusual.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Okay how the fuck do orb effects work here. I had a Helm of the Dominator which I moved up in slots before Deso but that didn't help.

Also Ember is so fucking godly if the opponents fuck up level 1 skills. Sven and Ember vs Nyx SS. Nyx got manaburn and SS got hex. I just hit RADIANCEPIPE and Sven stunned and we got first blood instantly. Repeated at level 3 from their death and got a double kill. Sogood.

gQaRoxL.png

Speed Gaming have posted their player's contracts that are setup with Rattlensake. Seems like the team got a decent deal for themselves.

http://www.ongamers.com/articles/sp...improve-transparency-within-esports/1100-150/
Looks pretty solid to me. Generous %'s with room and board + living wage.

ViviOggi

Okay how the fuck do orb effects work here. I had a Helm of the Dominator which I moved up in slots before Deso but that didn't help.

Skadi, Deso and Dominator don't stack, with the exception that Skadi works together with lifesteal on ranged heroes. Slot positions have no effect on orbs.

shira

Ok so how does one go about obtaining unusual effects and autographs and stuff then? Someone has to destroy a courier to pillage the gems out of it?
Yes, they will also be available in later chests, just not the Gemstone Cache.

I would like to know as well. I have a hollow jack and I want it to be unusual.

Well there will be an item called artificer's brand which will probably cost $500-1000. It is not in the game currently. This item changes normal couriers to unusual ones.

iF6b6bceKJeH1.jpg

Other than that you have to buy an unusual one or unbox it from a chest.

Skadi, Deso and Dominator don't stack, with the exception that Skadi works together with lifesteal on ranged heroes. Slot positions have no effect on orbs.

Haha that's Warcraft style

Nymerio

So what orb effect do you get if you have multiple? The one you got first? I always assumed you get the effect from lowest slot.

markot

Banned
Im scared of playing dota >.< I have 123 wins and 113 loses. I dont want to be one of those losers with more losses then wins!

So what orb effect do you get if you have multiple? The one you got first? I always assumed you get the effect from lowest slot.

I think it depends on the order you pick them up. I know you have the drop them and pick them up again to change the orb, I can't remember if it's the one you pick up first or last though. I saw a PL do this in a pro game where he bought a skadi after a diffusal. (Apparently your illusions will still use diffusal even if you're hero is using skadi which is kind of neat.)

Also I'm pretty sure Skadi+Lifesteal is fine on melee heroes. This was something changed in dota 2 but I think one of the tooltips is still wrong.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is there a way to check which server a Diretide game was played on? I know Dotabuff has this info but doesn't track Diretide games. I'm pretty sure the game is putting me on Russian and SEA servers and I want it to stop.

ed: never mind, you can still manually check in Dota buff. Turns out they have been US servers. Why are there so many damn foreign speakers on US servers?!#!@%RY GHQ%JNHJ%H

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
For the most part yeah, Basher isn't an orb and Maelstrom only overrides other orbs (Skadi in this case) when the chain lightning procs.
Hmmmmmm. Vlads would also work because it's an aura right?

Skadi/Basher/Maelstrom/Vlads/SnY works right? But only 1 effect per hit maximum?
TP doesn't cause rupture damage?
If you blink or TP a large enough distance in a set amount of time it doesn't trigger tmk

shira

Is there a GAFstack for Diretide Rosh? I'd be interested in trying it properly, highest I went with pubs was 13 :/

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1qywpl/psa_you_can_use_heavens_halberd_to_stop_roshan/

This is hilarious.
1. figure out gamebreaking tactic IE Halbred on Rosh
2. get to level 80+
3. pause the game - wait till just before the cycle ends then unpause so nobody knows your strat. . .

I guess if the money for 10 cars is on the line might as well go full scumbag tactics

Speed Gaming have posted their player's contracts that are setup with Rattlensake. Seems like the team got a decent deal for themselves.

http://www.ongamers.com/articles/sp...improve-transparency-within-esports/1100-150/
This Contract is entered into, made under, and shall be governed by the laws of the People's Republic of China (PRC) in which RSnake has its principle place of business, if Player is outside the People's Republic of China (PRC) , the laws of the People's Republic of China (PRC) shall govern.

what could go wrong

shira

This Contract is entered into, made under, and shall be governed by the laws of the People's Republic of China (PRC) in which RSnake has its principle place of business, if Player is outside the People's Republic of China (PRC) , the laws of the People's Republic of China (PRC) shall govern.

what could go wrong

I'm not 100% sure what the taxation laws in Canada are, but if they win abroad then that could be tax free for Aui and EE

Enco

Twice I play in a 2 man stack and twice I get put with 3 fucking dumb pieces of shit.

This is why I play in a 4-5 man stack 99% of the time. If I didn't have enough friends to play with regularly there's no chance I would play this game. Zero.

I'm so mad right now. We were losing early game but I got fed and it was looking like a solid win for us. During late game tiny decides to throw me into their whole fucking team and we get team wiped. Seconds later they all go afk mid lane and let them end. SO. MAD.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Twice I play in a 2 man stack and twice I get put with 3 fucking dumb pieces of shit.

This is why I play in a 4-5 man stack 99% of the time. If I didn't have enough friends to play with regularly there's no chance I would play this game. Zero.

I'm so mad right now. We were losing early game but I got fed and it was looking like a solid win for us. During late game tiny decides to throw me into their whole fucking team and we get team wiped. Seconds later they all go afk mid lane and let them end. SO. MAD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Someone should just add that to the op.

LiQuid!

Crafting some of the recipes in this game is janky as shit. I had to try and add items to a recipe and then close it out and try again like a dozen times before they all stuck in the thing. It was just one of those augment common items to turn junk commons into uncommons. Definitely didn't seem to be working as intended but I got it to combine eventually.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Crafting some of the recipes in this game is janky as shit. I had to try and add items to a recipe and then close it out and try again like a dozen times before they all stuck in the thing. It was just one of those augment common items to turn junk commons into uncommons. Definitely didn't seem to be working as intended but I got it to combine eventually.

oh good it's not just me

Uncheck the show applicable items thing, and also try putting all the items you'll be crafting on your first page. Those are the two fixes that seem to work.

Haunted

Low Pri punishment is brutal now - 5 whole games with no goodies. This is too much Gaben, I yeild!
How would someone posting on GAF ever get into the low priority queue?

Played with a 5-stack of Giantbombers last time and someone was rude in chat and ragequitted halfway through. I was shocked.

I thought everyone in these communities would be nice. :(

Zeth

How would someone posting on GAF ever get into the low priority queue?

Played with a 5-stack of Giantbombers last time and someone was rude in chat and ragequitted halfway through. I was shocked.

I thought everyone in these communities would be nice. :(

I usually find pick-up groups in GB chat too, I've had pretty good luck and made some friends. Every time I try solo I end up regretting it so damn much.

Even if I'm grouping with newbies (like me) it's always 1000x better.

Sanjay

I was under the impression I was in some team with sanjay, but I guess I never really followed up.

I feel ya pain. Made the exact same mistake.

We only had 3 people, you, geetec and my self. I did try to make a team but I could not.

Sanjay I'm calling out for you brah! When I contacted you, you ditched me to play BF4 and told me to not worry about the closing date.. You told me we would start a team!
1v1. Deal with it like a real man.

I tried man, but with out knowing the tourney date I could not commit my self even and its why pretty much why I decided not to go ahead.

I was, he seems to have ditched us and didn't bother to inform any one :/

I did not ditch a team as one did not exist.

This. ^

I'll take second standing in que after Falcon. (If that's allowed).

This is what I pretty much did, finished work, got on mumble, asked when the tourney is, bzm tells me this Saturday. with that in mind I could not commit so I asked Stevewinwood to be on his team.

Sanjay, I demand a 1v1. Antone for your swindling.

We shall 1v1 SF.

LiQuid!

Diretide is starting to break my spirit. I'm looking for ways to subtly sabotage both the game and the rosh fight and not get reported. Why do people think they're going for the rosh record every time they play the game with multinational pick up groups??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom