• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

Was this a nexon commission request or you guys came up with it yourselfie?

It kind of reminds me of Korean lore where suitors would kidnap potential wives and then keep them until they agreed to marry, in effect "wifestealers"

It was Nexon's idea that we brought to life. It's the courier for their next season, I believe it will be bundled with the ticket!

Also, Wifestealer eh? sounds like a new set idea...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
At $30 per person that means you can finally fulfill your dreams of owning Timebreakers.

* Couriers that scale their particle effects based on their games viewed will work again.
* Fixed several bugs that caused recipes to be generated with incorrect requirements.
* Fixed a bug that caused the UI for a recipe that requires multiple inputs of a particular rarity to incorrectly display a requirement for a specific item once the input requirement was partially fulfilled.
* Uncraftable items will no longer be generated as required inputs for recipes. Recipes that currently have uncraftable inputs will be adjusted to require a random item of the same rarity.
* Fixed a bug where inscribed gems would only display their first digit on the Steam Community Market.
* Inscribed gems now are named only by the type of stat they track instead of the type of stat they track and the value. This means that all items of the same type will appear together on the Steam Community Market. I.e.: No more "Kills: 1" category and "Kills: 2" category instead there would just be one "Kills" category.

Diretide Candy Rush changes:
- Roshan no longer belly aches.
- Roshan refreshes hero abilities only once per life at 50%.
- Roshan cannot be frozen, disarmed, or silenced.
- Roshan can be stunned and hexed.
- Roshan has a Spell Block ability (10 sec cooldown).

When are they going to fix random chest items from the newest chest being Marketable and the others not?

Lum1n3s

alrighty here's the bad boy we've been working on for a bit, finally submitted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYjsfFhji2M
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196516282

We also took 'making of' video for the marketing illustration and one of the animations, which you can see on the workshop page. I'm gonna try to take video of my process for future items. I know it's very silly but I hope you guys dig it, it's a fun one I think!
I... I need this, now!

sephi22

We also took 'making of' video for the marketing illustration and one of the animations, which you can see on the workshop page. I'm gonna try to take video of my process for future items. I know it's very silly but I hope you guys dig it, it's a fun one I think!

Yo these Nexon items are fucking fresh.
Will put some Orbital Decay on this motherfucker

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

JustinBB7

Looks amazing, very different too.

Will sell very well I think. It's pretty unique.

bounchfx

Thanks guys! and oh crap, we forgot to mention, but we're hoping for Valve to add a cloud/wave-like particle under the Gama during flying mode. It was in the plan from the beginning but it's really hard to know what Valve will actually do. There's still no animations for the Tusk axe so our fingers are crossed that those become Kinetic gems.

Artanisix

Thanks guys! and oh crap, we forgot to mention, but we're hoping for Valve to add a cloud/wave-like particle under the Gama during flying mode. It was in the plan from the beginning but it's really hard to know what Valve will actually do. There's still no animations for the Tusk axe so our fingers are crossed that those become Kinetic gems.

That makes me sad, I would totes purchase the axe if it had any unique animations because Tuskar is quickly shaping up to be my current favorite hero.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Would necro be a good first item for Tusk after phase and drums? You could pop the necrobook right before you snowball to get the increase move speed, and the necrobook units could also help bodyblock the guy inside the shards. Strength and intel are the two stats he needs as well.

u know this is a really good idea im going to try it next tuskarr game, ty; i really admire you're mastery of these unpopular offshoot heroes sixghost. player gaf!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've used NecBook on Tusk and while it's pretty neat it doesn't solve his issue of being a very momentum reliant hero. I wasn't outputting nearly enough DPS with drums and Nec3 by the time I finished it. However I don't really play Tusk as a 1-2 so that might be it.

bounchfx

Making custom animations when the importer tool doesn't support them is pretty optimistic.

and yet T_Vidotto gets an entire sets worth. Yeah, it was optimistic, and Andrew had them working in game just fine. Perhaps in a future update... the files are there, hehe.

Regardless,

Artanisix if you want the axe I'll be happy to buy you one if you use it when ya play Tusk sometimes. I still haven't even gotten my self made lol.

edit: oh shit! Just got them. Was trying to get in the neogaf IH but it's full as usual XD. Worth it!

shira

and yet T_Vidotto gets an entire sets worth. Yeah, it was optimistic, and Andrew had them working in game just fine. Perhaps in a future update... the files are there, hehe.

Regardless,

Artanisix if you want the axe I'll be happy to buy you one if you use it when ya play Tusk sometimes. I still haven't even gotten my self made lol.

edit: oh shit! Just got them. Was trying to get in the neogaf IH but it's full as usual XD. Worth it!
PA was tagged Legendary, has to be worth the price.

bounchfx

PA was tagged Legendary, has to be worth the price.

yeah our goal for the Axe was Mythical, unfortunately as Matt said there's no importer tools (yet?) for custom anims even though we did submit them, and I would have loved to do custom particles too because the entire idea behind it was to have frost falling off the tip of the blade. The whole thing didn't hit the goals we were aiming for since without Valve we can only do so much, and they seam VERY stretched thin as it is, so we just do what we can :) I'm pretty sure TV got inside approval for that set, I doubt they would have put it in for anyone else. We have really big plans going forward, so we'll see ;)

bounchfx

also, if you guys are interested in a 'gaf' item let me know, maybe we can take some votes here on which hero/slot you guys really want to see something for and we can put it together.

Low Tier
also, if you guys are interested in a 'gaf' item let me know, maybe we can take some votes here on which hero/slot you guys really want to see something for and we can put it together.

meepo item cuz everybody on gaf is so good at that hero

Artanisix

Regardless,

Thanks for the offer, I'll probably end up buying it in the near future since it's so reasonably priced anyway 8)

bzm

HNJzktL.png
courier

manfestival

Do you like raptors or nice CM hair? Earth
Do you like summons like Treants, Wolves and Golems? Diretide
Do you like crappy weapons for heroes with a million items, but with a chance for a decent Lion staff, but also a chance at the creepiest and ugliest Batrider item ever? Ember
Do you like wasting money for no reason because everything is cheaper on the market? The Rarities, Scroll or Gem chests.

Honestly, I'd say Diretide, just for the Icerack Pack, which I consider to be the best designed item in the entire game, even looking nicer and more in style than Valve's own default Wolves.

i gotta ask, are those the most desired items from the chests?
cause i never bought any keys prior to yesterday and i opened the dire and earth chests(only 2 keys) and got the wolves and the raptor... did i do good? lol

Atlantis

Windrunner sounds like a really poor one to do, since she says her name in a bunch of lines. While liking the name Necrolyte, I could see Valve wanting to redo it.

I doubt Valve wants to change either of the names. Changing Windrunner would suck pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom