• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
also, if you guys are interested in a 'gaf' item let me know, maybe we can take some votes here on which hero/slot you guys really want to see something for and we can put it together.

Swiss Army staff for Rubick that changes the animation of every stolen spell. Should be easy. Get going.

ElyrionX

I just noticed that a lot of the newer items that were not available on the Steam Community Market previously are now there. Did something change?

Wok

This is cool data mining:
http://dotateam.me/time-data/

3DXz7zc.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Keep in mind that any data mining system cannot distinguish between a stompfest and a "balanced" game. It's like how you see Divine Rapers and Abyssal Blades in the "Most sucessful items" for heroes on DotaBuff. Any game where CM gets rapier is likely to be very lopsided but that doesn't mean you should build rapier on CM.

Hylian7

What's surprising? Meepo depends on having an exp/gold advantage, otherwise he's useless.

And the advantage starts meaning less and less the later a game goes.

Right, I realize that, but still he is a carry and has to come on line. I have a hard time believing that even with an extreme XP and gold advantage, Meepo wins 80% of his games in less than 20 minutes. Actually pushing into a base with 3-4 Meepos actually takes time, regardless of how hard you are stomping, so I would expect things to really hit their peak for him around 30 minutes.

I would have expected more of a bell curve with Meepo.

Keep in mind that any data mining system cannot distinguish between a stompfest and a "balanced" game. It's like how you see Divine Rapers and Abyssal Blades in the "Most sucessful items" for heroes on DotaBuff. Any game where CM gets rapier is likely to be very lopsided but that doesn't mean you should build rapier on CM.

This is also true, but does this mean that a bunch of people ragequit and abandon against a Meepo in less than 20 minutes or what?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I imagine the 80% win rate is when a player like ellen pudge or sixghost walks into a pub, auto picks meepo, and then proceeds to get Aghs in 10 minutes.

90% of Meepos are gutter trash, but that 10% of competent Meepo players are a force to be reckoned with in pubs. 15 minutes is still really fast however and I'm going to guess there are some number problems/outliers affecting this.

(Also since the graph peaks at 80% you're probably not seeing the 99% win rate at 15:00 that I suspect is there.

A caveat should be that the earlier a game ends, the more likely the numbers there are inaccurate and so greater attention should be paid to the 30-75 zone than the 15-30 zone. Think about it, a scant few of pub games end around 15 minutes which means all the figures for those games are totally out of whack. Although it's useful to see which heroes are dragging pub teams down.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Where can you stick a ward on the dire side ancients that shows the candy bucket in Diretide that doesn't get true sighted from the bucket itself? When playing on dire you can stick one on the high ground just to the right of rad's ancients thats perfect and lets you see all the goings on at their bucket.

NBtoaster

Where can you stick a ward on the dire side ancients that shows the candy bucket in Diretide that doesn't get true sighted from the bucket itself? When playing on dire you can stick one on the high ground just to the right of rad's ancients thats perfect and lets you see all the goings on at their bucket.

Just in front of the staircase to the river works I think.

ViviOggi

Just got to Rosh level 99 with a fully random group, highest score for the current cycle is apparently 112 or something. That shit takes long

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Dota 2 community market appears to be saturated from past few days, especially after the patch when valve scrubbed the market place.

Got a wicked bunch(30+) of cosmetic items, most of them around $0.03 to $0.05.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Even with the Rosh nerf I'm getting bored of Diretide but the thought of going back to vanilla, hatless Doto makes me sad. :(

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Opened one Diretide chest last night, got an Unusual Captain Bamboo. Sold it for 50 bucks and used that money to buy a bunch of cheaper items I wanted. Love it.

Dota 2 community market appears to be saturated from past few days, especially after the patch when valve scrubbed the market place.

Got a wicked bunch(30+) of cosmetic items, most of them around $0.03 to $0.05.

That sounds nice, too bad navigating the DOTA 2 market is so damn tedious to do.

Ianan

Are the in-house games always up at a certain time or is it kind of random? Played DOTA for about a year now but never had the chance to play with anyone from GAF.

Just a simple hero filter would help so much. Even just making it so the hero's specific items are tagged so we can enter a hero's name in search.

Just anything at all to make it convenient to browse.

I'm thinking about bothering jschakles (however you spell it) the creator of enhanced steam to try and get him to do something about the market. I'm not sure how flexible it could be or what he could do with it, but I figure it's worth a few emails.

Because of the amount of lines that will require redoing, they probably settled on Windranger awhile ago.

That or Windrunner is about to lose like half of her voice lines for a very long time. There's also a ton of heroes that have Windrunner rival/ally lines that will now be gone :/

Necro doesn't have that issue. He only says his name once, and they can just remove that line and barely anyone will notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom