• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a simple hero filter would help so much. Even just making it so the hero's specific items are tagged so we can enter a hero's name in search.

Just anything at all to make it convenient to browse.

I am trying to find uncommon items for low prices, but no luck, it is just too damn tedious to do. What maybe would be possible is highlighting the items you already have. That is something, and sorting on heroes too, but I doubt that is possible.

I took a listen to some rival/ally lines some heroes have, and just chopping off the "Windrunner" from the beginning or end of the line works out okay. Some sound kind of weird, but it works.

I can't think of anyone with a Necrolyte rival or ally line...

M.D

Man, what a horrible loss :(

Played as clock on RD with a fellow gaffer, we were owning the other team, it was 14 kills for us before they got a single one, and we continued to own till about the 35 minute mark.. they were late game with dusa, sven and CK plus jugg and shadow shaman

We had no really carry with Invoker, OD, ET, warlock and myself as clock.. of course it didn't help OD picked after invoker already picked and they were then arguing about who is going mid :|

Necro with a new voice actor, a new model and a new name would be amazing

...except I'm positive it'll just be the removal of one line and a new name and nothing else :/

Necro always feels like one of the weaker designs in the game. His voice acting is lame (and is just Warlock delivered slightly different) and his model and textures are old and outdated. His animations aren't that great either, being fairly still and not moving much for his skill.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anyone know if items unboxed from old chests like Crystalline Chaos have the inscribed quality/gems attached to them now?

I opened a few ruby and emerald chests the other day and they had no inscriptions on them. I assume no since my inscription rate on new chests so far has been 100%.

I've only been playing Dota since July but is this a trend where they release 2 chests close to one another and one of them has all the good items and one is full of trashy weapons for trashy heroes that already have too much trashy loot to begin with?

I took a listen to some rival/ally lines some heroes have, and just chopping off the "Windrunner" from the beginning or end of the line works out okay. Some sound kind of weird, but it works.

I can't think of anyone with a Necrolyte rival or ally line...

I feel like that would be more or equal work to just recording new lines though. Especially if the voice actress was already in for something else or was freely available.

What does the Cursed affix mean?

tumblr_inline_mk4qouhJQ71qz4rgp.png

I feel like that would be more or equal work to just recording new lines though. Especially if the voice actress was already in for something else or was freely available.

Keeper's actor was in recently (Nolan North and Earth Spirit). Not sure about Drow and how easy she is to get. Necro's was in to record one Clockwerk line.

It's probably cheaper just to hack off Windrunner from the lines. That can't be that hard for a sound engineer to spend a couple hours at, versus all the editing, recording and stuff for bringing in actors.

JustinBB7

Wanted to a "quick" diretime game just now. Got till level 35 with Rosh.. was hoping for another shadow essence but got a cursed recipe instead. Everybody got either Shadow essence or cursed recipe.

It was really easy to get that far with the default setup. We had 3 bashes so rosh never used a spell. And we could just stand there and rightclick him. Got pretty boring though, hope it's not gonna be that easy every time. I rather have a quick game and then do another one instead of afking rosh for 20 minutes..

kvk1

The name change would be bad enough.

But if they change the responses for Windrunner I'll be heartbroken.

Jen Taylor kills it with that hero.

The consensus (on the Dev forums and a bit on Reddit) seems to be that Beastmaster will probably be next for a name change at some point. I'm not sure I agree with that, but then again Necrolyte and Wisp aren't exclusive to Warcraft either...

fiore

Banned
Man, what a horrible loss :(

Played as clock on RD with a fellow gaffer, we were owning the other team, it was 14 kills for us before they got a single one, and we continued to own till about the 35 minute mark.. they were late game with dusa, sven and CK plus jugg and shadow shaman

We had no really carry with Invoker, OD, ET, warlock and myself as clock.. of course it didn't help OD picked after invoker already picked and they were then arguing about who is going mid :|

RD, that was your mistake

kvk1

I play in the best mode: the spectator mode.

I have about 400 hours on Dota, none AFK, with only 40+ games under my belt.

The rest has been spent intently following professional tournaments.

I have issues.

Zeth

After opening 6 Diretide chests (masochism) - 4 treants (in a row), pudge hook, and crafted the courier with the recipe. God damn it, I've never had luck with chests ever - I guess my terrible RNG is catching up to even. Gonna try to sell some stuff to recoup some of my extensive losses buying cosmetics like crazy the past few months. Who am I kidding though, this hole only goes deeper. If I spent half the time matchmaking as I do on cosmetics and bot matches I wouldn't be in the trench :p

Sibylus

Banned

I have issues.
Honestly, the pro scene has crowded out most sports in my life, lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The consensus (on the Dev forums and a bit on Reddit) seems to be that Beastmaster will probably be next for a name change at some point. I'm not sure I agree with that, but then again Necrolyte and Wisp aren't exclusive to Warcraft either...
I'm pretty sure wisp is still "Io the Wisp", they just swapped which one is primarily displayed. Necrolyte is a made up name, but was given before ice frog was at the helm (I think Nick came up with it), but it really isn't all that great. While I'm used to the name, the one valve wants to change it to sounds alright.

Wind Ranger is just bad.

Zeth

I have issues.

I'm convinced we could form a team of similar players and be better than most people with similar MM experience. I'm in the same boat, 60 games (40 wins :p) Terrible cycle for me - the more knowledge and understanding I glean, the more painful it becomes to jump into crap-tier MM. Such is life.

xanavi

Think phase boots on bat are better than treads with the decrease in lasso range? You can pop them before you blink and if you miss slightly you can catch them up. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom