• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

These sound files for Necrophos can't be right.

His voice is slowed down to a crawl and you cannot understand a damn word he's saying. It's not just a filter, it's a complete voice audio rework. Either that or they messed up the audio files. He sounds like a slow, apish brute who is mentally handicapped... does not seem right.

sephi22

Guys, is my game bugged or is Necrophos talking in pig farts?

I'm assuming this is just me, because not only does my game have the new voice filter, but his voice is now 5x slower and deeper. He was one of the best voice acted heroes in the the game and now he just makes guttural noises

EDIT: Curses. Vergil beat me

I always forget that Veno is an agility hero

Why the hell is he an agility hero?

Because Manta, Shadowblade carry Veno is beast.
He probably should be an INT hero, but whatever.

Guys, is my game bugged or is Necrophos talking in pig farts?

I'm assuming this is just me, because not only does my game have the new voice filter, but his voice is now 5x slower and deeper. He was one of the best voice acted heroes in the the game and now he just makes guttural noises

EDIT: Curses. Vergil beat me

Maybe they're taking him in a direction similar to Wisp. You never know these days.

sephi22

These are only prototypes, but those WETA pre-orders are kinda fucked unless Valve gave them the headsup
They were fucked from the get go. Demon Edge is red, not green. Butterfly doesn't look the game's icon of butterfly. Vanguard looks cooled that the game version. And now Mane-gate.

That's par for the course for Weta I think. That's what happens when you start taking pre-orders 2 years before you start shipping

shira

tumblr_mwnatfTaU41rzyhgzo1_1280.jpg

New SK rage

Exuro

[IM]http://24.media.tumblr.com/17934b45d8e8e33e12d96ff1f0d6d5c4/tumblr_mwnatfTaU41rzyhgzo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

New SK rage
I'm going to guess that this is just for the chinese client, but that does look like a lot of detail being put into it. Can't say I could see them have two differently named heroes for chinese/non chinese clients. Going to be interesting if it is a complete makeover as the already made items for him won't exactly fit.

rofl @ Skeleton King

how do i even say necrophos

necrofros?

I would guess neck-row-faus

sephi22

WooO!! My BH set got in! If you like it, grab it, it's only 4 bucks!! I'm sad it's common as we were aiming for mythical, but whatever hehe.
I know a lot of Dota 2 stuff is contracted. But can you tell me how much you earn from say, a rare set that you made independently?

NBtoaster

I always forget that Veno is an agility hero

Why the hell is he an agility hero?

His passive makes him a good right clicker, Being an agi hero means he gets more damage and attack speed per level for his right click.

If he was an int hero he would have enough mana to spam gale which would be too strong (as it stands he can only cast 1 gale like every 2 minutes with base regen, and can't even nova+gale at level 6).

These sound files for Necrophos can't be right.

His voice is slowed down to a crawl and you cannot understand a damn word he's saying. It's not just a filter, it's a complete voice audio rework. Either that or they messed up the audio files. He sounds like a slow, apish brute who is mentally handicapped... does not seem right.

It's bugged, when the patch first came he just sounded like the old Necrolyte with a little helium in the room.

BeesEight

Little disappointed with the toned down Pudge but am really growing to like the Venomancer. I always felt the previous worm version was a little weak.

Sad about the Windranger change. Would have preferred Lyralei especially given that they want to really distinguish themselves from the old Blizzard designs. I don't think keeping WR acronym is really that important anymore.

Still think Dazzle is the real winner of this patch though.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Looks like we are gonna be getting mass renames and remodelings as Valve trips over itself to avoid copyright infringement on Blizzard's shitty hero brawler.

Boken

Banned
Valve has conducted extensive market research and concluded that more than 50% of their players are new and don't give a shit about legacy naming, so they're changing the names to be safe.

jk valve doesn't do market research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom