• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

I wake up to find all this! Gotta look through it all.

New Veno model is sick. If you liked him being cute then too bad because he ain't meant to be. He's a terrifying monster and now he looks like one.

Dazzle looks ok, but losing the mohawk is a shame. Sideways change there I feel.

Axe now has a mane haha. Looks mildy better I guess, not much change.

I prefer new Luna mount, and she is now a slightly more blue colour for some reason.

Gyro looks much nicer, as does Omni. Good changes there.

Pudge isn't a huge change but does seem to be about copyright.

Speaking of which, Wraith King is probably gonna be SK. Some are speculating that he is too similar to Leoric specifically which is why the change is needed.

Overall though good changes.

Skeleton King -> Wraith King is going to be a change filled with tears from every facet of the community, I can just feel it. A really popular hero being turned into something entirely different doesn't seem like it'll go well.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Skeleton King is a popular hero?!

If I manage to live thru this Windranger debacle Valve can literally do nothing to phase me from here on out. They could turn the entire cast into chibi hamster people and I could give no effs.

man i'm confused as hell but dawngate looks really nice. Still the problem with all these mobas is no animated portraits. Even brood war had animated portraits...

That wraith king transition will be jarring as hell. Hoping its only for chinese clients. All those bone puns, cosmetic items and such, how is this going to work?

Eitherway its not a huge deal, its easy to replace the models with the old ones.

edit: Maybe not so easy, looks like some modders are running into trouble. I'd love it if they made old stormspirit and veno arcana items for free, or as an achievement (such as win 500 games or something).

Arkanius

Nothing against the changes except:

Pudge -> Broke cosmetics and design
Omniknight -> Red doesn't fit at ALL
Wraith King -> SERIOUSLY? Just because of Leoric? Get some balls Valve

Sibylus

Banned
Skeleton King -> Wraith King is going to be a change filled with tears from every facet of the community, I can just feel it. A really popular hero being turned into something entirely different doesn't seem like it'll go well.
Skeleton King -> Wraith King is going to make people flip.
I hope if they're going this route, that they'll bring some crazy rework into the mix as well.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
You'll never be this good with Earth Spirit.
I790Kz7.gif

DarkKyo

Why do people think Wraith King is going to be a flat out substitute for SK's normal model? Why can't it be some kind of Arcana item mod or simply the new Chinese model? All of his cosmetic items are bone themed, you'd think if Wraith King's model was in the works for this long they would have stopped adding cosmetics for him that feature bones and the gold/black/red color scheme....

If Leoric is announced as a HotS hero, we'll know it's probably a total remake of Skeleton King.

Also, if this is what they have to do, I wouldn't get too attached to Nyx or Nature's Prophet either. Both are incredibly similar to their WC3 models, and both are heroes in HotS

If Leoric is announced as a HotS hero, we'll know it's probably a total remake of Skeleton King.

Also, if this is what they have to do, I wouldn't get too attached to Nyx or Nature's Prophet either. Both are incredibly similar to their WC3 models, and both are heroes in HotS

I won't miss Nyx. The only cool thing about him his is voice. As long as he's still an insect thingy with spikes, it'll be fine.

Nature's Prophet on the other hand... I like him, but ultimately his design does seem kind of lazy compared to a lot of other heroes. There really isn't anything unique or neat about him. He's a noseless green dude with horns. What. I'd be fine with a redesign.

I'd honestly welcome a Furion remake.

Hell I'd welcome a Pudge remake too. That's a lot better than simply patching over the existing model and calling it a day.

Of course that probably won't happen because HATS already exist for them and we can't have that monetary investment going to waste can we

KevinRo

It's been forever since I've played WC3. I still have my battle.net disc edition in some box.

I'm just curious, how important are the heroes to the WarCraft universe that the dota heroes were derived from?

Basically I'm asking are these heroes that are being reworked really important in the WC universe or is this Blizzard spiting Valve by including them in their own game?

BeesEight

Submit to the empire of old!

I think some of these changes like Pudge are for China. Which means we might even see some adjustments to Lifestealer and the like as well. As Schweinehund said, Valve's fix for the Chinese version was really slapped together. If they are planning on going the cosmetic route over there then they have to clean up the models.

Though Skeleton King is a tricky one since he already has sets on the marketplace that work with the old skeleton model. Though a quick look over them and they could still work with some old green dude.

At the very least, if Wraith King is going to be Skeleton King they will (hopefully) redo his voice set otherwise his lines won't make that much sense.

I won't miss Nyx. The only cool thing about him his is voice. As long as he's still an insect thingy with spikes, it'll be fine.

Nature's Prophet on the other hand... I like him, but ultimately his design does seem kind of lazy compared to a lot of other heroes. There really isn't anything unique or neat about him. He's a noseless green dude with horns. What. I'd be fine with a redesign.

The big issue with prophet is that he has a ton of items. So they couldn't just remove his horns or beard, since people have paid lots of money for them.

Actually, Nyx has a lot of items also. Pudge did too, but they sort of worked around them except for one or two that broke.

DarkKyo

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Nature's Prophet's Warcraft counterpart a Night Elf? If so I think he looks different enough as it is. He looks nothing like a NE...

Haunted

Damn new Veno, you scary. Fits much better with the poisonous snake motif now. Gyrocopter is just a straight upgrade. Dazzle looks a bit closer to Witch Doctor now, not sure I like it. Axe looks great, Luna's mount is nice.. Covering up Pudge's wound with a shirt is pretty weird and doesn't look all that great. Feels like something they would do in the Chinese client but not the international one. We knew red Omni was coming so no big surprise there.

edit: wtf at Skeleton King files and Necrolyte rename.

I wonder if these changes were supposed to ship with the Spirits update, but got delayed because of Diretide.

Just seems like changes they'd add to a big update, versus a random thursday patch

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ok so closing up the gut wound and adding the apron, that's fine I guess. Pudge was the most hilariously tasteless of the hero designs, which made him funny but I could see how he stuck out as a kind of hard-R rated hero in an otherwise mostly sub PG-13 pool, but what on earth could have possibly made them feel it necessary to lose the cleaver/butcher motif? Really dumb.

Anybody got any Roshan tales from the last day or so since they buffed him last? I've not gotten past level 5 or so lately. It seems like slows are kind of the way to go now. I've been rolling with Veno practically 90% of my diretide games already and he seems to actually be worth a damn now instead of my constantly getting harassed to repick. Skadi, Shiva's are popular pick ups. Also actually dodging his attacks seems like that should have been the way he was fought all along, instead of just being able to stun lock him forever. The biggest problem is that there's no refresh on ultimates and no refresh of mana, so everybody is completely tapped by level 5 or so.

G.ZZZ

Lost two more ZUNZUNZUN. I was +112 three days ago, i'm +93 now. I guess it's time to retire. Since this spring it's all been downhill.

I think Tinker could use a remake. He looks goofy, and not in a good way. Make him more like Ridley in the construction suit thing, and less like a kid dressed up with a cardboard thing on his head for halloween with ps move controllers in his hands.

Zeknurn

I think Tinker could use a remake. He looks goofy, and not in a good way. Make him more like Ridley in the construction suit thing, and less like a kid dressed up with a cardboard thing on his head for halloween with ps move controllers in his hands.

They should just go all the way and replace him with Kleiner riding Dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom