• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SF has a rat face. It is an oversized devil rat.

Zeus is bawss.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can't believe they went with Windranger. One or more human beings put actual fucking thought into this and came away thinking it was a good idea... I don't even have the words. I'm taking this badly.

sixghost

I can't believe they went with Windranger. One or more human beings put actual fucking thought into this and came away thinking it was a good idea... I don't even have the words. I'm taking this badly.

Is it really a big deal? Keep calling her Windrunner if you like that name better. It's not like anyone calls Wisp by it's proper name.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
WooO!! My BH set got in! If you like it, grab it, it's only 4 bucks!! I'm sad it's common as we were aiming for mythical, but whatever hehe.

woop!
I'd be kinda pissed if Volvo took the rad set that I worked so hard and slapped a common tag on it and charged a pittance, but as a consumer I say best BH set for all!

I'd be kinda pissed if Volvo took the rad set that I worked so hard and slapped a common tag on it and charged a pittance, but as a consumer I say best BH set for all!
As I mentioned earlier, he's probably gonna get more money out of it being common because nobody actually buys mythical sets from the store.

ElyrionX

So SF looks like a rat demon. Big deal. He's supposed to be some sort of demon anyway.

Zeus is supposed to be the LORD OF HEAVEN and FATHER OF GODS (just looked this up actually. So there's no Olympus in Dota lore? Lol). But now he looks like Grandpa Joe going for an evening stroll, wearing blue scarves. I mean, come the fuck on Volvo.

LiQuid!

Venomancer makes it real apparent how much work Viper needs.

ViviOggi

Nooo poison shrimp
chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

Dreavus

How well does genuine stuff hold it's value? I'm considering picking up a set of those little hero figures if the Tide Blink Dagger is still going for 40-50 bucks.

LiQuid!

How well does genuine stuff hold it's value? I'm considering picking up a set of those little hero figures if the Tide Blink Dagger is still going for 40-50 bucks.

For most of that stuff the price only stays inflated as much as it does because Valve can't keep fucking T-shirts in stock for some reason. The problem with Genuine stuff is it's kinda always going to go down as long as the item that it comes with becomes more widely available.

Demoli

Man I fucking hate/love LD.

I swear you have to be amazing as hell to get a fast radiance, pisses me off so much.

I know what i'm about to say seems ironic, butas Sylla you really shouldn't die more than twice before the 20 min mark. You have enough health AND a huge threat on the ebar always present, thats why he can get such a fast radiance with double boots, you are not expected to die much unlike heroes like spectre or carry naga who are much more prone to ganks.

ElyrionX

For most of that stuff the price only stays inflated as much as it does because Valve can't keep fucking T-shirts in stock for some reason. The problem with Genuine stuff is it's kinda always going to go down as long as the item that it comes with becomes more widely available.

Genuine items that suddenly became craftable (though without the Genuine tag) also saw their values plunged. Puck Aether Wings fell from $50+ to $30+ almost immediately upon crafted non-Genuine versions hitting the market at $20+.

If he was an int hero he would have enough mana to spam gale which would be too strong (as it stands he can only cast 1 gale like every 2 minutes with base regen, and can't even nova+gale at level 6).

A hero's primary stat is completely independent of his stat gain per level, though.

The reason is because the instant the get restocked they also get plundered by people who want to sell off the digital unlocks.

Hylian7

What the fuck happened to Pudge. That better get changed back, he looks ridiculous now.

At first I was appreciative of the change, then I realized what was missing: his big gaping wound on the front of his body!

The apron and cleaver changes were cool, but the censored wound? That is kind of stupid. The only real reason I can think of for it is so it's not too close to this:

Stitches is going to be a hero in Heroes of the Storm, and Valve probably panicked over that sadly.

Nymerio

They already have a non-skeleton version of him though, right? I'm not even that opposed to the idea of making him Wraith King, I'd just like to understand the reason behind it. Skeletons are generic as hell, no way this is related to HotS.

Windranger sounds goofy as hell, but i'm already getting used to it. I still feel they could've found something better than Windranger though.

Hylian7

Wait. Why is Valve so wary of hero name and model clashes with HotS? Didn't they settle all disputes in that lawsuit previously?

That dispute was over the Dota brand if I remember correctly. That doesn't mean that Valve can just copy characters from Warcraft and get away with it.

Pretty sure Pudge the Butcher (from Diablo) will be in HOTS and therefore our Pudge will probably have to have some work done.

This also explains why he lost his cleaver.

Dreavus

Genuine items that suddenly became craftable (though without the Genuine tag) also saw their values plunged. Puck Aether Wings fell from $50+ to $30+ almost immediately upon crafted non-Genuine versions hitting the market at $20+.

Thanks. I'm more in it for the "get these neat statues for basically 'free' after the unlock is sold on the market" rather than the long game of market trading. Sounds like something I should do relatively soon after buying the set then.

They already have a non-skeleton version of him though, right? I'm not even that opposed to the idea of making him Wraith King, I'd just like to understand the reason behind it. Skeletons are generic as hell, no way this is related to HotS.

Windranger sounds goofy as hell, but i'm already getting used to it. I still feel they could've found something better than Windranger though.

Something to do with a law in China forbidding the depiction of skeletons/skulls/bones IIRC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Oh you're referring to the name. Maybe it's easier for then if he has the same name everywhere or something, and since they'd be changing it for China...

Hylian7

I know this has been brought up many times, but I think it's worth bringing up again: Earth Spirit items.

I played that hero for the second time today, and did much better than I did my first time. We won this time, I had some great plays, and some great fails as well. One of those great fails being saving a Crystal Maiden from a Pudge using Geomagnetic Grip, then trying to Boulder Smash the Crystal Maiden well out of hook range and accidental smashing her INTO Pudge, getting her killed, then I managed to kill Pudge by sniping him with long range Boulder Smashed Stone Remnant.

I wasn't completely sure what items to get though. I went mid, the obvious start up is Bottle into Arcane Boots, but then what? I said "fuck it" and tried Orchid (yes I know he has a silence already) and got good results off of that. It's a reliable silence as well as the damage amp. I feel like it's better to get that then Veil of Discord like the in-game recommended build says.

Another build I thought of that I haven't tried yet would involve a Mek and BKB. Arcane Boots and Bottle should take care of your mana problems.

Any other builds people have found great success or failure with for him?

Nymerio

Eh, I can't stand Tobi's casting anyway. BTS is a bit better but I don't think I'll ever like that style of casting where there's lots of shouting. The best casting so far has been Draskyl casting the Dreamleague with PFlax

ElyrionX

Eh, I can't stand Tobi's casting anyway. BTS is a bit better but I don't think I'll ever like that style of casting where there's lots of shouting. The best casting so far has been Draskyl casting the Dreamleague with PFlax

Is it Tobi and LD who likes to shout into the mic while casting?

shira

Pflax: Hey draskyl why would a total noob do this?
Draskyl: Because blah blah blah
Pflax: I play tinker with honk but I'm bad
Bruno: tinker kills 67% of creeps and has a 4% win rate on Tuesdays.

Fuck that dreamleague show. God they are so fucking bad at improv.

Nymerio

So what caster do you like, or think is better?

fiore

Banned

Lol. Because nerds man

G.ZZZ

:(

shira

So what caster do you like, or think is better?
I use free camera. If I want some hype I'll listen to the Korean audio. If I'm lazy I'll stick it on the 5 support or the captain and visualize what they are thinking.

I love it when 1437 or sing solo cast because they are sharing knowledge and giving insight on what they are thinking not what they are guessing. Serious Puppey cocast and 7ckingmad are great too.

But this dreamleague casting to never have dead air, mindless banter and prepared skits is unwatchable to me. I'm so sick of that NFL game day format. They are heading towards e-sports "entertainment". If you are entertained by 4 dudes shooting the shit ok fine.

Me, I love the sport/competition aspect just fine as-is. I don't need a parrot repeating what I'm watching and understanding. But I don't mind if a pro player tells me something interesting once in a while.

LiQuid!

IMO it's kind of embarrassing how much better 90% of esport commentary is so shortly after its inception than most professional contact sport commentary is after decades of trying to get it right. I would fucking cry a river of tears if I had to listen to say Joe Buck call a game of Dota.

Nymerio

I use free camera. If I want some hype I'll listen to the Korean audio. If I'm lazy I'll stick it on the 5 support or the captain and visualize what they are thinking.

I love it when 1437 or sing solo cast because they are sharing knowledge and giving insight on what they are thinking not what they are guessing. Serious Puppey cocast and 7ckingmad are great too.

But this dreamleague casting to never have dead air, mindless banter and prepared skits is unwatchable to me. I'm so sick of that NFL game day format. They are heading towards e-sports "entertainment". If you are entertained by 4 dudes shooting the shit ok fine.

Me, I love the sport/competition aspect just fine as-is. I don't need a parrot repeating what I'm watching and understanding. But I don't mind if a pro player tells me something interesting once in a while.

Fair enough. Never watched those you mentioned and so far they haven't really been an option. Additionally, most of the time watching through DotaTV isn't an option anyway so I can't use free camera. I often like Pyrions questions though, because not everyone is as good at the game to understand everything that's going on all the time and Draskyl often provides some nice insights. Preference, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom