• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Is the MLG flash player kinda shitty? The video is choppy when I go full screen, unlike pretty much any other flash player, regardless of quality level.

Edit: popout player performs just fine. Fullscreen or not.

Are tiebreakers solved by head to head results if multiple teams finish 4-4? If so Fnatic should be in a really good position if they just win 1 game

shira

Is the MLG flash player kinda shitty? The video is choppy when I go full screen, unlike pretty much any other flash player, regardless of quality level.

Edit: popout player performs just fine. Fullscreen or not.

no video problems whatsoever 1080p is fine, the audio is ass

KingKong

Liquid just beat EG

DK 6 0
Σ 5 2

NV 4 3
FN 3 3
SP 3 3
TL 3 3
[A] 2 4

EG 2 5
PB 0 5

Top two are guaranteed to be through
Bottom two are out

pretty sure Alliance are out. Liquid and Fnatic have to play each other so at least one will have 4 wins, and they've both beaten Alliance so they'll have the tiebreaker if Alliance is 4-4

pretty sure Alliance are out. Liquid and Fnatic have to play each other so at least one will have 4 wins, and they've both beaten Alliance so they'll have the tiebreaker if Alliance is 4-4

Yeah I think they are too but there is potential for 5 teams to finish 4-4 so I don't know how they'll decide to handle that

Alliance just beat PBS

DK 6 0
Σ 5 2

NV 4 3
FN 3 3
SP 3 3
TL 3 3
[A] 3 4

EG 2 5
PB 0 6

Top 2 through
Bottom 2 are out

Alliance are most likely out, unless there's some weird tiebreaker that keeps them in it

Wes

venison crêpe
Pretty sure Alliance are out.

Best they can get is 4-4. SpeedInt and Liquid have 3 wins each, have the tie break over Alliance, and play each other so one of them will have at least 4 wins. Navi has 4 wins already and has the tiebreak over Alliance.

So Alliance can't jump above three teams and there's only two spaces left.

Unless tiebreaks don't count, but I have to think they would in a round robin.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Tiebreaker rules:

If Head to Head Games Winning Percentage can’t break a tie where a Team(s) will qualify for the Bracket and a Team(s) won’t qualify for the Bracket, MLG will add Games to the Schedule in the form of a Tiebreaker Bracket, in order to break the tie. The Tiebreaker Bracket will be seeded by Average Victory Time. If Average Victory Time doesn’t break any ties, the equation will be expanded to include all Round Robin Games played by the tied Teams. If there is a tie involving more than two Teams and Average Victory Time resolved the tie for a Team(s), but leaves at least two Teams tied, the tie that still exists will be broken using Head to Head Games Winning Percentage. Ties that can’t be broken by Head to Head Games Winning Percentage and Average Victory Time will be broken randomly.

I'm not really sure what I just read.

brentech

Tiebreaker rules:

If Head to Head Games Winning Percentage can’t break a tie where a Team(s) will qualify for the Bracket and a Team(s) won’t qualify for the Bracket, MLG will add Games to the Schedule in the form of a Tiebreaker Bracket, in order to break the tie. The Tiebreaker Bracket will be seeded by Average Victory Time. If Average Victory Time doesn’t break any ties, the equation will be expanded to include all Round Robin Games played by the tied Teams. If there is a tie involving more than two Teams and Average Victory Time resolved the tie for a Team(s), but leaves at least two Teams tied, the tie that still exists will be broken using Head to Head Games Winning Percentage. Ties that can’t be broken by Head to Head Games Winning Percentage and Average Victory Time will be broken randomly.

I'm not really sure what I just read.
That they will absolutely not add more games.

shira

speed vs DK
sNNQdLA.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think mlg may just have to do another game, there will likely be a tie. people are going to bitch so much if it they pull out time rule, Which they sort of have to if we end up with a 3 way tie.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fanatic would be in in the running for 4th if they win both their games, right?

Doesn't look like alliance has any change unless fanatic wins.

Fanatic would be in in the running for 4th if they win both their games, right?

Doesn't look like alliance has any change unless fanatic wins.

Fnatic win both their games they get 3rd, Fnatic lose against Na'vi Na'vi get 3rd

Unless Speed beat DK

I think Alliance's only chance to qualify is if Fnatic lose both their games

shira

Fnatic win both their games they get 3rd, Fnatic lose against Na'vi Na'vi get 3rd

Unless Speed beat DK

I think Alliance's only chance to qualify is if Fnatic lose both their games

Yeah Alliance has to win and will have to hope for that 4-4 tiebreaker

Yeah Alliance has to win and will have to hope for that 4-4 tiebreaker

Alliance beat EG, Liquid beat Fnatic, DK beat Speed and Na'vi beat Fnatic

Gives a 3 way tie for 4th which can't be solved by head to head. I don't think Alliance can win any other tiebreaker

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does alliance even come out on top if mlg just does time rule? There is no way mlg will do games for a 3 way tie, to messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom