• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like speed and fnatic are going to win, what does that do to the standing? They both make it, no extra games?

Razzer

I should mention in this thread that team Guidos might need a standin for the final of the GAF tourney. I am trying to see if I can make it but I don't think I can.

Anyone who wants to volunteer contact someone on the team.

DK 7 1
Σ 6 2
SP 5 3
NV 5 3

FN 4 4
[A] 4 4
TL 3 5
EG 2 6
PB 0 8

Final standings assuming Liquid don't pull off an amazing comeback (doesn't matter anymore)

Helmholtz

Happy to see Speed making it through. Some phenomenal play during that last game. Kind of a shame Arteezy isn't on their team full time :p.

shira

Sigma man, sigma.

jnQwY7E.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like I'm about 10 items ahead right now for betting, not sure if I'll really bet in the finals, maybe on sigma's first game.

ksan

ima kinda dissapointed in A, but srlsy watch the anbork vod i linked if you want to know the game deeper

i was so cheering for A

What's the trick to good camera control in DOTA? Right now I have my camera speed jacked way up and I'm just slapping my mouse against the edge of the screen to move it, but it seems really imprecise and I assume constantly moving my mouse out of the middle of the screen isn't ideal. In an RTS I'd usually just click on the minimap or use hotkeys to focus on units, but in DOTA I usually just want to move half a screen or two up or down a lane so minimap clicking seems a bit extreme. The mousegrip isn't working wonders either, but maybe I'm using that one wrong.

Dahbomb

What's the trick to good camera control in DOTA? Right now I have my camera speed jacked way up and I'm just slapping my mouse against the edge of the screen to move it, but it seems really imprecise and I assume constantly moving my mouse out of the middle of the screen isn't ideal. In an RTS I'd usually just click on the minimap or use hotkeys to focus on units, but in DOTA I usually just want to move half a screen or two up or down a lane so minimap clicking seems a bit extreme. The mousegrip isn't working wonders either, but maybe I'm using that one wrong.
You use the F1 key to center your hero (press once to select your hero and press it twice to center your camera on your hero). So you basically move around the camera with the mouse through edge pan and then when you need vision on your hero you double tap F1.

Just stick to edge panning. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom