• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Awkward or awkwardest interview?

Feels like the latter.
Basically hotbid was a cheetah pouncing on a 3 legged antelope. Ruthless.

The follow up with fogged is a must listen for maximum awkwardness.

ibol55QErdjKuY.PNG

ViviOggi

What's the trick to good camera control in DOTA? Right now I have my camera speed jacked way up and I'm just slapping my mouse against the edge of the screen to move it, but it seems really imprecise and I assume constantly moving my mouse out of the middle of the screen isn't ideal. In an RTS I'd usually just click on the minimap or use hotkeys to focus on units, but in DOTA I usually just want to move half a screen or two up or down a lane so minimap clicking seems a bit extreme. The mousegrip isn't working wonders either, but maybe I'm using that one wrong.

M3

Uriah

What's the trick to good camera control in DOTA? Right now I have my camera speed jacked way up and I'm just slapping my mouse against the edge of the screen to move it, but it seems really imprecise and I assume constantly moving my mouse out of the middle of the screen isn't ideal. In an RTS I'd usually just click on the minimap or use hotkeys to focus on units, but in DOTA I usually just want to move half a screen or two up or down a lane so minimap clicking seems a bit extreme. The mousegrip isn't working wonders either, but maybe I'm using that one wrong.
Turn up your mouse sensitivity.

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/397663522

Here we have the peculiar beast of the Phantom Assassin, who would constantly rage and say that everyone is useless, and then in the next 5 minutes five rats are pounding on the enemy rax.

Some great quotes from this creatuer:

"Meepo you sound like a permavirgin like EternalEnvy and are a fucking trash can."
(at about 15 minutes) "Meepo stop rushing Aghs, you're never going to get it. We need initiation and you're contributing nothing to this team." (I have Aghs within the next 3-5 minutes and blink a minute or two after that)

"I'm reporting all of you."

"I swear you are all fucking reported you trashcans."

PA after they try to smoke gank us, I land a triple net and pick up a triple kill off of it: "..."

PA after bitching about no one carrying dust the whole game when MOB dusts the Clinkz that PA kills: "..."

PA after we take all 3 rax: "Your wisp threw and that was the only reason we won. Bristle and Meepo were useless until Meepo got Blink."

"I'll report Wisp for you, report Bristle because he is garbage."

We won the game and PA had much crow to eat.

Also, that's the second person I have ever had tell me to stop rushing Agha on Meepo. I don't understand why people think that getting other stuff before it is not worth it. They don't seem to realize how good Agha is on Meepo.

Wok

http://dotabuff.com/matches/397663522

Here we have the peculiar beast of the Phantom Assassin, who would constantly rage and say that everyone is useless, and then in the next 5 minutes five rats are pounding on the enemy rax.

Some great quotes from this creatuer:

"Meepo you sound like a permavirgin like EternalEnvy and are a fucking trash can."
(at about 15 minutes) "Meepo stop rushing Aghs, you're never going to get it. We need initiation and you're contributing nothing to this team." (I have Aghs within the next 3-5 minutes and blink a minute or two after that)

"I'm reporting all of you."

"I swear you are all fucking reported you trashcans."

PA after they try to smoke gank us, I land a triple net and pick up a triple kill off of it: "..."

PA after bitching about no one carrying dust the whole game when MOB dusts the Clinkz that PA kills: "..."

PA after we take all 3 rax: "Your wisp threw and that was the only reason we won. Bristle and Meepo were useless until Meepo got Blink."

"I'll report Wisp for you, report Bristle because he is garbage."

We won the game and PA had much crow to eat.

Also, that's the second person I have ever had tell me to stop rushing Agha on Meepo. I don't understand why people think that getting other stuff before it is not worth it. They don't seem to realize how good Agha is on Meepo.

What is sad is this PA has a record of more than 1000 games, and has played Meepo 44 times. It means some people don't learn anything.

I swear Bristleback is a grade A pubstomper ever since he got buffed in 6.79. If your team happens to have a jungler, just pick him as an offlaner and you will beat their dual lane 9 out of 10 times and snowball out of control within 10 minutes.

What do you think went wrong with Alliance this tournament?

Either players learning how to use 6.79 changes against Alliance, or that they just didn't handle some of the crowd jeering against them well.

Loda did complain about it after all, and that away team disadvantage (or whatever you call it) probably got on Alliance's nerves.

SamVimes

Either players learning how to use 6.79 changes against Alliance, or that they just didn't handle some of the crowd jeering against them well.

Loda did complain about it after all, and that away team disadvantage (or whatever you call it) probably got on Alliance's nerves.

To be fair there was only one USA team at the event and that is Na'Vi.

JambiBum

That wasn't a thing. There were maybe a couple of hecklers in the crowd but it wasn't like everyone was cheering against them. The crowd was cheering for great Dota.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Aritificer's Hammers can only be used once? I kinda wanted to swipe all the gems out of the rares I got from new chests before I traded them away but some of the gems aren't worth 60 cents a piece to get them out.

Razzer

Btw, I've been going through our matches vs Make it stop yesterday and the commentary from procarbine and bzm was very helpful in showing me what I did wrong or right. I have a penchant for panicking slightly in crowded teamfights and losing sight of my character or not popping all my items, but more than that things like farming as a support, when I could be playing more aggressive etc. These things were very helpful and I can use them to improve so thanks.

Btw, I've been going through our matches vs Make it stop yesterday and the commentary from procarbine and bzm was very helpful in showing me what I did wrong or right. I have a penchant for panicking slightly in crowded teamfights and losing sight of my character or not popping all my items, but more than that things like farming as a support, when I could be playing more aggressive etc. These things were very helpful and I can use them to improve so thanks.

Press your alt key if you get lost in a fight. It puts a big arrow over your hero.

xKebob

So.. how do I push against an enemy Pudge?
I had a couple of games where my team had a strong push but a few hooks and we lost all the early push power and eventually lost the games..

Aesthet1c

So.. how do I push against an enemy Pudge?
I had a couple of games where my team had a strong push but a few hooks and we lost all the early push power and eventually lost the games..

Vision and good team communication shut down Pudge pretty well. Make sure you always know where he is, and always be aware of where his hooks can come from. Ward places you think he might gank. Learning to dodge hooks helps as well, but the biggest thing is to make sure he doesn't get those early ganks so you guys can stay ahead of him.

Baha

Aritificer's Hammers can only be used once? I kinda wanted to swipe all the gems out of the rares I got from new chests before I traded them away but some of the gems aren't worth 60 cents a piece to get them out.

You need to look at the number of uses, the Hammers just like the chisel can be in stacks of 5. It might take sometime but someone always puts up a stack of 2 or more for cheap on the market.

M.D

Anyone knows of a rare item that sells for cheap on the market? I need one more rare item to complete my recipe

Baha

Anyone knows of a rare item that sells for cheap on the market? I need one more rare item to complete my recipe

You can click on the Dota 2 logo on the right hand side of the market page, underneath the search box. Then when it loads the page it should have appid:570 in the search box and you can just add 'rare' to that search box and it'll search for all items on the market for Dota 2 with the words rare in it (yes, including tagged items as rare). From there you can search from page to page for a cheap rare. In my experience they're usually 40-50 cents.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So what's the current strategy for dealing with Death Prophet now that she's popular again? I haven't lost a game with her since 6.79 and the games I have won against her all involved (IIRC) even more hyper-aggressive pushing lineups, which is clearly very situational. I'm not always going to have the option of grabbing at least two of Pugna, Shadow Shaman, Nature's, Veno or the like.

SamVimes

So what's the current strategy for dealing with Death Prophet now that she's popular again? I haven't lost a game with her since 6.79 and the games I have won against her all involved (IIRC) even more hyper-aggressive pushing lineups, which is clearly very situational. I'm not always going to have the option of grabbing at least two of Pugna, Shadow Shaman, Nature's, Veno or the like.

Pick a stronger laner and shut down her farm. Ghost Scepter and blademail too are really strong against her. Also at a certain point she loses a lot of effectiveness.

We actually played against her twice yesterday in the gaf tournament and won if you want to check that out.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You need to look at the number of uses, the Hammers just like the chisel can be in stacks of 5. It might take sometime but someone always puts up a stack of 2 or more for cheap on the market.

Ahh nice, thanks. I see the ones on the marketplace with full 5 charges are closer to the normal dollar price.

Randdalf

The way we dealt with her last night was to just burst her down and use an invis hero like Riki who can walk up to her whilst she's using her spirits. This was against Veno and Shadow Shaman as well though, so we ended up winning versus mega creeps because they split pushed us so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom