• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seance

Banned
I've gotten ripped off in video game trading before, so I wanted to ask you guys if a Hollow Jack for an Itsy (I want that spider) would be considered a fair trade or if I'd be getting scammed

As a Bane player, I feel your pain

If you wanna see what something is worth then go check what people are asking/offering for it on trading sites.

shira

It appears China is prepared for EE-sama
http://minus.com/mISrCnnbJ4txH
injJqcmOaf6ok.PNG

blinkz bkb

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How's the minitures game? I was talking about getting a set a few pages back but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

The miniatures are decent models, I haven't tried the actual game they are supposed to be for though. The blink dagger actually gives Tide Hunter a lightning effect, which was sort of cool, but I decided to sell it.

Close to 500 hours in and i just got my first abandon due to a bad connection. Feels so bad!
Luckily i was playing in a 5-man with real life friends and they forgave me for it. I still feel like shit though. Cheer me up GAF! Tell me you have abandons too!

shira

Close to 500 hours in and i just got my first abandon due to a bad connection. Feels so bad!
Luckily i was playing in a 5-man with real life friends and they forgave me for it. I still feel like shit though. Cheer me up GAF! Tell me you have abandons too!

One time I clicked abandon game instead of reconnect T.T

NBtoaster

I no longer feel bad about abandoning. I have about 13, most are from connection problems but some are because I was horribly feeding or something else came up.

One time I clicked abandon game instead of reconnect T.T

Woof, sorry to hear that! But i must admit i feel a little better knowing i am not alone!

I no longer feel bad about abandoning. I have about 13, most are from connection problems but some are because I was horribly feeding or something else came up.

I really don't want to get used to it. I usually make sure i have an hour to spare before i start a match. I fear that having abandoned i might not care if i do it again.

Acinixys

I have 21 abandons over 1300+ games

Not bad.

20 from having ISP issues and being physically unable to reconnect and 1 because my girlfriend was in a car accident and i had to rush to the hospital

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish the team could stay in the west, no real way to know what their future is with all this Rattlesnake shenanigans. At least MLG paid them directly, so the players should have enough money to fend for them selves for a while if things turn sour.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh yeah, Dota2WH is back up, finally got some Nyx items. Sadly worthless, since he requires far too much skill for the likes of me to play.

Also, why does Meepo have so many good back items, its not fair, I have to choice. Sure, I'm never going to play meepo, but still!

Nymerio

Can someone summarize what's going on with speedgaming? Weren't they Rattlesnake.int before that? What happened / is happening?

shira

Can someone summarize what's going on with speedgaming? Weren't they Rattlesnake.int before that? What happened / is happening?

link
Nobody really knows except the players, but essentially speed's contract wasn't working out and they don't trust anybody. EE said he would post a blog explaining everything sometime this week.

Some random person added me and sent me this message...

Watch out for scams! Didn't click the link but the domain is real and has been up since 19/11/2013. Also, its based in Russia.

Careful that cyborgmatt guy looks kinda shady with those sunglasses on.

Hylian7

Some random person added me and sent me this message...

Watch out for scams! Didn't click the link but the domain is real and has been up since 19/11/2013. Also, its based in Russia.

Steam comnuily sounds like a great place to go!

I was once offered women for my Dragonclaw Hook, true story.

It's okay. I got like almost 30 lmao!

Nirvana

Oh yeah, Dota2WH is back up, finally got some Nyx items. Sadly worthless, since he requires far too much skill for the likes of me to play.

Also, why does Meepo have so many good back items, its not fair, I have to choice. Sure, I'm never going to play meepo, but still!

Nyx takes skill now... 6.79 really changed that hero.

dmshaposv

I have 10 abandons, of which 5 are bullshit.

I got dc'd to reconnect within 5 mins - but just miss it by a min or two. The whole restart process can take some time.Continue to rejoin and sometimes even help win the team. It still counts as abandon rather than win.

Valve should increase it to 10 mins or at least void the abandon if u reconnected and played the game anyway. Most times ive been delayed by the shitty "cant find the dota 2 commection" in-game when trying to reconnect.

dmshaposv

Also the most pissing off abandon was I had to urgently go to the toilet, I pause the game. Obviously enemy team unpauses and my team doesnt contest. I come back in - not only died once but also abandoned.

Yeah fuck solo pubbing.

ElyrionX

Only abandon I have in 250 games was when Windows decided it was a good time to install a longass update when I needed to restart my PC in the middle of a match. That was also the only time ever that I left a match to restart my PC. Fml.

If you wanna see what something is worth then go check what people are asking/offering for it on trading sites.

Of the ones I looked at, one of them hasn't been updated since the end of October, one is missing a ton of items or still has them at the default value, and I can't make heads or tales of the others because they're all just a wall of trade offers and UIs that are about as intuitive as getting directions on fixing a car suspension from Jeff Goldblum

GorillaJu

Why is Butterfly bought on Gyro more often than most of the other carries?

I wouldn't say it is. Not more often than agility carries, anyway, as pretty much every agility carry benefits from bfly just as much as gyro.

If you're looking at stats showing bfly bought more often than him it's probably just because he's a very easy hero to get farm on so he'll have more opportunities to get a bfly on.

ElyrionX

I wouldn't say it is. Not more often than agility carries, anyway, as pretty much every agility carry benefits from bfly just as much as gyro.

If you're looking at stats showing bfly bought more often than him it's probably just because he's a very easy hero to get farm on so he'll have more opportunities to get a bfly on.

Well, I was watching the Navi DK game 2 and Xboct bought the Butterfly after Helm and BKB. Why not a Manta instead? Because he doesn't have any skills that illusions would directly benefit from?

Zeth

Well, I was watching the Navi DK game 2 and Xboct bought the Butterfly after Helm and BKB. Why not a Manta instead? Because he doesn't have any skills that illusions would directly benefit from?

I was curious about the Bfly before Manta as well. I'm guessing because it provided more defense from enemy right-clicks?

I've been wondering this as well. A lot of players seem to go (sometimes) Drums, BKB and then straight Butterfly on Gyro. I think it's just a really defensive build. BKB makes it so you can fight in the midgame without dying too easily and Butterfly protects you from a lot of rightclick damage and gives you some damage as well. Gyro is a bit of a weird case I think since Crit is not that great on him, neither are orb effects (that are not lifesteal), so Manta, MKB and Bfly are the best choices for first damage item.

Yes. Manta is somewhat poor on Gyro because his illusions don't get flak cannon or anything beneficial. It's decent to tank up but then again, Satanic is core on Gyro too.

Butterfly is just a fantastic offensive and defensive item although I disagree that Gyro gets it more often than other agi carries. In fact, Gyro doesn't scale that well with attack speed as opposed to raw damage but given that he's one of the fastest farmers in the game, he might as well pick up a Butterfly along the way. Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom