• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

we had this, it was called ihl, but then ppl qq about losing and balance and teams and want to go back to regular IH. it's the circle of dota life

IHL at least for dota was different, there weren't any premade teams and the skill difference was waaaaaay greater than the mid-tier tourney.

mSjAcA0.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok guys, Valve finally responded to my request for a Tournament Ticket (Only 2 days after we finished too, though they did apologize). It looks mostly like a stock responded, but it does give a link to the proper form to get an ingame ticket. Looking at the quality of the stuff that gets though, I say we give an honest try next time, Valve seems to be open to accepting amateur tournaments. Some things of note is it says it needs at least 10 days for normal tournaments, and at least 3 weeks for items (The item must also be complete and have a workshop submission)

Tobe

Ok guys, Valve finally responded to my request for a Tournament Ticket (Only 2 days after we finished too, though they did apologize). It looks mostly like a stock responded, but it does give a link to the proper form to get an ingame ticket. Looking at the quality of the stuff that gets though, I say we give an honest try next time, Valve seems to be open to accepting amateur tournaments.

i can help with the organization. mind if we do schedule sessions, maybe a brainstorming session through mumble to pop some good ideas and what not.

shira

Ok guys, Valve finally responded to my request for a Tournament Ticket (Only 2 days after we finished too, though they did apologize). It looks mostly like a stock responded, but it does give a link to the proper form to get an ingame ticket. Looking at the quality of the stuff that gets though, I say we give an honest try next time, Valve seems to be open to accepting amateur tournaments. Some things of note is it says it needs at least 10 days for normal tournaments, and at least 3 weeks for items (The item must also be complete and have a workshop submission)
if bounch or anuxi could make a gaf tourney item/set that would be fucking insane

SamVimes

80 minutes game, Kunkka with two daedalus and a rapier and mega creeps on the other side. No it's not DK vs Speed, just gafstack losing.

Razzer

IHL at least for dota was different, there weren't any premade teams and the skill difference was waaaaaay greater than the mid-tier tourney.

This was why I suggested it. I heard about the problems with IHL but I think the circumstances may be a little different now, at least for some players. The teams that played could theoretically stay roughly the same (why u have team samvines :( ?).

I know scheduling could be a pain as you never know when all 10 people would be available but it could work.

I wouldn't mind playing you milk. I have a high tolerance for losing as long as I'm learning so I could take the inevitable thrashings without whinging

Edit: Yeah that was a fun game, morph too strong in the end. (Also Earthshaker and AA and Warlock are such good late game supports)

Artanisix

This was why I suggested it. I heard about the problems with IHL but I think the circumstances may be a little different now, at least for some players. The teams that played could theoretically stay roughly the same (why u have team samvines :( ?).

I know scheduling could be a pain as you never know when all 10 people would be available but it could work.

I wouldn't mind playing you milk. I have a high tolerance for losing as long as I'm learning so I could take the inevitable thrashings without whinging

Edit: Yeah that was a fun game, morph too strong in the end. (Also Earthshaker and AA and Warlock are such good late game supports)

get a team and message me on steam bro, its on like donkey kong

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So, uhm, Naga and Ursa is my new candidate for sickest lane ever. Net into her Splash into Ursa's slow into Overpower is

fucking

brutal

They dove under the tower and got a double kill at like five minutes

GorillaJu

Seems good. I'm mainly looking for something where she isn't farming for a fucking hour.

My typical build is to rush PMS Phase BKB with Drums or Aquila depending on the situation. After BKB get a quick basher. You definitely don't need to farm for an hour.

I rarely get a bfury on PA, and if I do I usually lose :lol

KingKong

is it just me or is Mirana's arrow/player hitbox way too big? so many times tonight the arrow missed my visible character model and I still got hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom