• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

lol

m6UKe0E.png

jesus fucking christ, they are doing it
EjYXWS2.png

The WETA items aren't immortal, cmon volvo.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
is it just me or is Mirana's arrow/player hitbox way too big? so many times tonight the arrow missed my visible character model and I still got hit

It was actually nerfed, it used to be bigger.

Kreunt

Banned
I dont necessarily mind it being that size, I'd just like to be able to tell if I'm safe or not easier

yeah, the problem is that raising the visual size of the arrow makes it more noticeable and as such would be a nerf.

pretty sure the ET stomp hits a bigger radius than the animation shows as well.

EG. Tashi and Smokin on some Goku, that was a damn good game.

is it just me or is Mirana's arrow/player hitbox way too big? so many times tonight the arrow missed my visible character model and I still got hit

Looks as wide as a 2x4. Actually is the size of a trashcan

Wok

There is a thread on Reddit about the recent trade bans, and there I see this comment:

Hi guys. This is July丶24. I'm the buyer of the $38k Pink Dog.

Got my account trade banned for 'hijacking'. Sent Steam Support a ticket, received a reply similar to OP. I'm hoping someone will help to clear this up for us...

Not only did this guy pay a lot of money prior to a patch which makes the speculative bubble crash, but his account was also trade banned.

fiore

Banned
One of my favorite modelers put out a TA head. She's prolly one of the best hair doers, she also did the Antimage Manta Pack

268x268.resizedimage

Tail of the Secret Order by Yi
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=198454138

I wish more modelers followed her lead. Really well designed, simple, yet beautiful. I don't know how the ponytail moves with gravity, but wow what a great hat.
Yeah gonna have to buy that one for sure. And that doom weta sword.

shira

that hair looks great, would wear.

also, I hope you guys like bristleback

Did you see a couple pages back? We can make an official Valve GAF tournament with a ticket and item in the dotastore?
Is red moon interested in making a dota item for a GAF tourney/ticket???

bounchfx

Did you see a couple pages back? We could potentially make an official Valve dotastore GAF tournament with a ticket and item? Is red moon interested in making a dota item for a GAF tourney/ticket???

yeah of course, we'd be glad to help. Let me scroll back and read about it haha

bounchfx

Ok guys, Valve finally responded to my request for a Tournament Ticket (Only 2 days after we finished too, though they did apologize). It looks mostly like a stock responded, but it does give a link to the proper form to get an ingame ticket. Looking at the quality of the stuff that gets though, I say we give an honest try next time, Valve seems to be open to accepting amateur tournaments. Some things of note is it says it needs at least 10 days for normal tournaments, and at least 3 weeks for items (The item must also be complete and have a workshop submission)

That's awesome! The idea of an 'official' gaf league is freakin' sweet. I'd totally be down to give you guys whatever item you're interested in. It actually pretty much goes hand and hand with my offer a week ago.

edit: ahaha you found that already eh? Yeah we saw it and decided to have some fun. We actually had it in game and animated, getting the video ready when we saw Wykrhm's tweet, and decided to use that in it too :)

Anyone else getting a complete lockup when playing DOTA2? I haven't played since Saturday, but I noticed the problem yesterday. Other games work fine (I just played Chivalry for about 30 mins without problem). But DOTA2 just completely freezes my whole computer within 5 minutes.

Edit: Already verified integrity of game files.

Hylian7

I just had the most intense Meepo game ever.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/401099119

60+ minutes of a Spectre that was also farmed well. I nearly panicked when hear Aegis disappeared at the last time, and thought she was going for a Rapier. We took mid rax and the T4s at one point and then it was a stalemate for a while of them trying to push our lanes and take at least one rax. We had some pickoffs on them finally, and we were able to go straight down mid and finish it. I fucking love this hero. Got lots of "good job" from the other team.

I recorded it, video coming soon.

shira

cyjpeVd.gif

U wanna have a go?

Also, please tell me that the beaver knight PotM in that video is only half serious. Beaver Knight tattoos on top of Sagan's head wut? No thank you.
4113821584_mordor_xlarge.jpeg

IDK man, with the full power of Reddit and Cyborgmatt, this shit might go through.

PS I want a Heroic Ellen Pudge item drop.

Dec

Earth Spirit is extremely fun. You can near 100% kill someone at level 3 with a competent partner. Only issue is early on he has enough mana for one combo.

M.D

I just had the most intense Meepo game ever.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/401099119

60+ minutes of a Spectre that was also farmed well. I nearly panicked when hear Aegis disappeared at the last time, and thought she was going for a Rapier. We took mid rax and the T4s at one point and then it was a stalemate for a while of them trying to push our lanes and take at least one rax. We had some pickoffs on them finally, and we were able to go straight down mid and finish it. I fucking love this hero. Got lots of "good job" from the other team.

I recorded it, video coming soon.

What is the order of the items you get after Aghs? I guess if you're doing well enough and can wait for the stat items its Blink first, but after that is it always Skadi over Heart? The games I played I always went Heart over Skadi, but yesterday I played him and remmebered seeing you (I think?) go Skadi first in a game, so I did as well.
Worked out well, and I even had a Heart but had to send the courier back to get the recipe, too risky to buy it in the enemy base ;p

Also, what do you think about Poor Man's Shield on him?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/400762078

Hylian7

What is the order of the items you get after Aghs? I guess if you're doing well enough and can wait for the stat items its Blink first, but after that is it always Skadi over Heart? The games I played I always went Heart over Skadi, but yesterday I played him and remmebered seeing you (I think?) go Skadi first in a game, so I did as well.
Worked out well, and I even had a Heart but had to send the courier back to get the recipe, too risky to buy it in the enemy base ;p

Also, what do you think about Poor Man's Shield on him?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/400762078

I go Blink first usually after Agha. I go Skadi next because it just gives you so much with the Agha stat sharing. You get 25 to ALL stats, which is 25 to all stats for ALL your Meepos. That's like having a Reaver, Mystic Staff, and Eaglesong all in one. Then the slow stacks with Geostrike and you get and attack slow off of it too. It also gives something to do with that Orb of Venom.

In that game I didn't buy heart until much later in the game when I was just overflowing with cash and already had the two Reavers. Usually Reavers are enough as the main benefit of the Heart (the passive) is only on one Meepo. While it is 40 Strength, you get 50 off of two Reavers, which all Meepos get. If you're overflowing with money, start making those Reavers into hearts. But generally a Heart isn't that great unless you are overflowing with cash. You get much more usefulness out of a Skadi, sure it's more expensive but it gives great other benefits. The Agility is awesome too as that has great benefits for the other Meepos.

If you feel like you need it or just want it, then absolutely Poor Man's Shield is worth it early. You will be selling it later obviously. I find myself not going PMS though just because I can stick with a Stout Shield and get Tranqs faster for that constant regen after Poofing the jungle. A lot of laning Meepo is just sitting in lane and not dying, where going up to the creep wave in a lot of places might result in you getting too much harass. You can make up the farm in the jungle.

In general though, I usually go Blink > Skadi > Reaver > Boots of Travel > (most Meepo games probably won't get here) Another Reaver > Start turning them into Hearts

Assault Cuirass is also good for obvious reasons if you're getting really late too and your team doesn't already have one. I say get BoTs first though. In my experience though someone else on my team usually gets one. In that game above, Bristle got it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Whoever that was a couple pages ago that decided to open "one more chest" and got an unusual Yonex's Rage can eat my shorts. I just decided to open two more Diretide chests before they poofed and I got my third duplicate of 2 crappy rares. Now volvo has a bunch of my money, I have a load of horseshit and I hate Dota forever. QQ

Kard8p3

Whoever that was a couple pages ago that decided to open "one more chest" and got an unusual Yonex's Rage can eat my shorts. I just decided to open two more Diretide chests before they poofed and I got my third duplicate of 2 crappy rares. Now volvo has a bunch of my money, I have a load of horseshit and I hate Dota forever. QQ

Sorry... :(

DarkKyo

:( sell the gems inside the rares and try again? That's what I did...

M.D

I go Blink first usually after Agha. I go Skadi next because it just gives you so much with the Agha stat sharing. You get 25 to ALL stats, which is 25 to all stats for ALL your Meepos. That's like having a Reaver, Mystic Staff, and Eaglesong all in one. Then the slow stacks with Geostrike and you get and attack slow off of it too. It also gives something to do with that Orb of Venom.

In that game I didn't buy heart until much later in the game when I was just overflowing with cash and already had the two Reavers. Usually Reavers are enough as the main benefit of the Heart (the passive) is only on one Meepo. While it is 40 Strength, you get 50 off of two Reavers, which all Meepos get. If you're overflowing with money, start making those Reavers into hearts. But generally a Heart isn't that great unless you are overflowing with cash. You get much more usefulness out of a Skadi, sure it's more expensive but it gives great other benefits. The Agility is awesome too as that has great benefits for the other Meepos.

If you feel like you need it or just want it, then absolutely Poor Man's Shield is worth it early. You will be selling it later obviously. I find myself not going PMS though just because I can stick with a Stout Shield and get Tranqs faster for that constant regen after Poofing the jungle. A lot of laning Meepo is just sitting in lane and not dying, where going up to the creep wave in a lot of places might result in you getting too much harass. You can make up the farm in the jungle.

In general though, I usually go Blink > Skadi > Reaver > Boots of Travel > (most Meepo games probably won't get here) Another Reaver > Start turning them into Hearts

Assault Cuirass is also good for obvious reasons if you're getting really late too and your team doesn't already have one. I say get BoTs first though. In my experience though someone else on my team usually gets one. In that game above, Bristle got it.

Going Skadi firsrt makes a lot of sense, I'll do that from now on!

Now that I think about, I don't think I ever sold my tranquil boots and got treads. What is the best time to do that? If your'e getting the Skadi fast enough, is it better to just finish that then get the BoT?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Trying to trade with people on the other side of the planet with the servers in this condition is the worst. Valve needs to fix this crap.

What is a good alternate build for PA that isn't BF, BKB, etc.

Midas
Phase
Drums
BKB (skipping it is wrong 99 out of 100 times)
Desolator
Skull Basher

In fact, I'd skip Battlefury 4 out of 5 times. I find a <7 min Midas to be perfectly fine for farming and Phase/Drums is such a cost efficient mid game combo that you can start fighting fairly early. You might want to consider skipping the Midas if the enemy team is very late game reliant as you are bound to finish the game within a certain time frame.

edit: Yeah, just checked my Dotabuff. I always skip Battlefury unless there's a Phantom Lancer in the enemy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom